Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 24, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
For anyone who's got FIFA 2008, apparently Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 is better. FIFA's been getting in the high 8's, Pro Evolution's been getting around 9.5 out of 10 for its reviews.

Not sure if it's called that or Winning Eleven Soccer International or something like that.

The only thing about it that annoys me, they only have official licenses for the EPL with Tottenham and Newcastle I think. But they still have all of the right players.

I bought FIFA though b/c the lack of licenses that PES has bothers me.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(BearSox @ Oct 27, 2007 -> 02:10 AM)
is there a way to be able to tell what type of graphics card my computer has right from the computer without having to search through manuals and such?

Right Click My Computer => Properties => Hardware Tab => Device Manager => the + next to Display Adaptors

I've played about 15 minutes of that MLB Power Pros game for the Wii, it's awesome. The hitting system is similar to the hitting system used in Ken Griffey Jr's Slugfest. The pitching is similar, too -- you can move the pitch's location all throughout the windup and a little bit after it. I've only played the exhibition mode, but fingering through the instruction booklet, the game looks incredibly deep, too. I saw there's free agency, trades, AAA call-ups/demotions and even a June draft. The Sox roster includes guys like Nick Masset, Ryan Sweeney, Boone Logan and THE Gustavo Molina.

Very fun game, best $40 I've spent in a while.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 27, 2007 -> 02:27 PM)
I've played about 15 minutes of that MLB Power Pros game for the Wii, it's awesome. The hitting system is similar to the hitting system used in Ken Griffey Jr's Slugfest. The pitching is similar, too -- you can move the pitch's location all throughout the windup and a little bit after it. I've only played the exhibition mode, but fingering through the instruction booklet, the game looks incredibly deep, too. I saw there's free agency, trades, AAA call-ups/demotions and even a June draft. The Sox roster includes guys like Nick Masset, Ryan Sweeney, Boone Logan and THE Gustavo Molina.

Very fun game, best $40 I've spent in a while.

Success mode is a blast. I spent 6 hrs playing it over and over again.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Oct 28, 2007 -> 02:17 AM)
Okay, would an Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family (graphics card) be good to run computer games with, such as the upcoming Gears of War game?

I don't know anything about it specifically, but integrated graphics are generally on the weak side. My guess would be no. Look on forums for the game you are interested in.

I just found that place like 1 minute before you posted that...

and no, I can't. That leaves me with a bit of a dilemma now. My graphics card needs a serious update, and I need to add some extra ram. That's about 120+ dollars right there. Then, there is the problem with my processor. I have a pentium 4 processor, which is above the minimum requirements for such games as Gears of War, Crysis, or Bioshock. However, Core 2 Duo is the recommended I should have.

Now, if I update my graphics card and improve my ram, all my requirements will be above recommended EXCEPT for my processor. Now, I ask those who are computer savvy, would my computer run the game smoothly?

QUOTE(BearSox @ Oct 28, 2007 -> 12:00 AM)
would you say it might just be a better idea for me to get a 360 then?

The sports games are better for the 360 right now.

If you're a Final Fantasy Nut...then you may want to wait until after XMas and get a PS3.

I just bought a 360 last month and bought Halo 3 and NBA2K8. Both games look amazing on my 1080P TV and I can't stop playing 2K8. Probably the best basketball game ever made.

As far as Halo 3 goes.........good god it's unreal.

PS3 has the better potential, but much like the PS2 did...it may never live up to it's potential.

You can always pick up a PS3 NEXT year when it comes down to around $300.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Oct 27, 2007 -> 11:40 PM)
I have a pentium 4 processor, which is above the minimum requirements for such games as Gears of War, Crysis, or Bioshock. However, Core 2 Duo is the recommended I should have.

Now, if I update my graphics card and improve my ram, all my requirements will be above recommended EXCEPT for my processor. Now, I ask those who are computer savvy, would my computer run the game smoothly?

The P4 is going to have a hard time, but I think it'll be "good enough".

By the way I played Bioshock last week and it's a great game.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Oct 28, 2007 -> 03:44 PM)
I've made up my mind. I'm not gonna get a 360 nor will I upgrade my current PC. Instead, when I get my laptop (which won't be for at least a year), I'm gonna make sure it's loaded w/ close to top of the line stuff.

I wouldnt do that, first it costs more because its a labtop... 2nd they get to be big that they might as well be desktops lol.. 3rd ofcourse everything breaks down once the warranty runs out and they arent easily upgraded. You can build a PC with same or more power and buy the 360 with your total cost being smaller than the labtop.

Beat GH3 on Medium, I enjoyed it. Its catching A LOT of flak because I guess people hate change, but the Battle modes to me are real fun. You could really hear the Rage/Audioslave sound in the Morello battle.

As for The Devil Went Down to Georgia.....wow.....I thought my hand was going to fall off after playing that, AND Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce right after it.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 08:34 AM)
Beat GH3 on Medium, I enjoyed it. Its catching A LOT of flak because I guess people hate change, but the Battle modes to me are real fun. You could really hear the Rage/Audioslave sound in the Morello battle.

As for The Devil Went Down to Georgia.....wow.....I thought my hand was going to fall off after playing that, AND Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce right after it.

Yeah I agree on the online battles - very cool idea. It took me like 10 tries to get it to work (kept getting "failed to connect") but eventually I battled a guy through 7 songs - good time. What "change" are people talking about? Besides from a few graphical changes the game is the same, if not better in some ways. The pull off/hammers seem to be a lot smoother/easier in this version.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 10:09 AM)
they put dragonforce in the game? i saw some hacked GH2 vids of dragonforce songs and they were pretty nutz

Man, that Dragonforce song is absolutely ridiculous to play at the end. I probably was lucky to hit 60% of the notes.