Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 01:56 PM)
Okay so all the talk of Guitar Hero has me interested. The only question is, what about Rock Band.

Unless you are going to be playing it with some other friends and can play it with the other people whenever you play, I would hold off on it..

The bundle for 1 guitar, drums, and mic is like $170 and from what I have read you need to play with people to have max enjoyment from it.. So I would wait on it before getting it

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

O.K., somebody please explain this to me. That Dragonforce video is making the rounds, and people are reacting with amazement. Does anybody out there realize that an ACTUAL PERSON RECORDED THE ORIGINAL SONG??? This is like the next step-up from being amazed by somebodies air-guitar routine. I'm more impressed by the people that can actually PLAY this song. But for some reason people are amazed by 6 guys sitting around pushing buttons on a little plastic guitar. Why?

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 12:05 AM)
CoD 4 is the greatest game i have ever played!

Do you have it on PS3? I'm thinking about getting it but i'm holding off b/c Assassins creed and Uncharted are both coming out in the next two weeks and i dont wanna buy this and end up not playing it

I picked up CoD4 for the PC - I have a mid to high range PC (ATI Radeon x1950 pro, 1 gb ram, dual processor) and it runs and looks fantastic. I think it's so cool because once you start a battle you go non-stop for 20-25 minutes. There's not much downtime. Very happy with my purchase. IBKILLIN is my online tag if anyone else has it for the PC.

Anyone pick up Gears of War today? I was going to pick that up this weekend - the reviews have been pretty favorable.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)
O.K., somebody please explain this to me. That Dragonforce video is making the rounds, and people are reacting with amazement. Does anybody out there realize that an ACTUAL PERSON RECORDED THE ORIGINAL SONG??? This is like the next step-up from being amazed by somebodies air-guitar routine. I'm more impressed by the people that can actually PLAY this song. But for some reason people are amazed by 6 guys sitting around pushing buttons on a little plastic guitar. Why?

Its not impressive for a professional to play their own song, it is impressive for some nobody to be able to play a 7 minute song that is prolly harder than ANY guitar hero song they have ever made, and not only that but get 4 stars and 89% note hits..

Basically to answer your question, you have to be a fan of guitar hero and play the game to understand why people are so amazed by it.. otherwise yes, we just look like idiots playing a plastic guitar.. but people are very impressed if you are good at the game

QUOTE(Shadows @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 01:32 PM)
Its not impressive for a professional to play their own song, it is impressive for some nobody to be able to play a 7 minute song that is prolly harder than ANY guitar hero song they have ever made, and not only that but get 4 stars and 89% note hits..

Basically to answer your question, you have to be a fan of guitar hero and play the game to understand why people are so amazed by it.. otherwise yes, we just look like idiots playing a plastic guitar.. but people are very impressed if you are good at the game

Obviously its more impressive that one guy can play that fast... and he gets his due credit for being fastest in world possibly. But also keep in mind this is a video game thread lol not a music thread... not 2 mention dragonforce are a s***ty band and while he plays fast atleast the songs they have all suck.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 03:32 PM)
Obviously its more impressive that one guy can play that fast... and he gets his due credit for being fastest in world possibly. But also keep in mind this is a video game thread lol not a music thread... not 2 mention dragonforce are a s***ty band and while he plays fast atleast the songs they have all suck.

All points well made. Guitar Hero just makes me scratch my head. But well spoken.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 03:04 PM)
All points well made. Guitar Hero just makes me scratch my head. But well spoken.

it's just a fun diversion. It's a toy, everyone knows that. At some point in my life, I'm going to learn how to play the guitar. But most people that play guitar hero just think of it as a videogame, it's just a fun little thing, we don't think we could pick up a guitar and play it.

Anyways,

I have 2 songs left on the last set on hard. The metallica and slayer songs.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Nov 8, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)
You pale in comparison...

Anyway, none of the rental places have CoD4. I think I will just buy it.

You sir are wrong..

MVP 05 was a great game, but Tecmo Super Bowl is legendary

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Nov 8, 2007 -> 01:59 PM)
Tecmo Super Bowl is legendary for kids.

Tecmo Bowl the original is the legend.

Marcus Allen, Bo Jackson, Walter Payton

4 offensive plays, 4 defensive plays.

It was on.

Well tecmo super bowl is the exact same, just no Payton