• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 18, 2007 -> 05:36 PM)
I succumbed and got Guitar Hero 3.

Seeing Prayer of the Refugee as one of the bonus tracks pushed me over the edge.

Has anyone been playing Rock Band?

I've put GH3 aside for Rock Band the last few weeks. I actually suck bigtime at the drums, but picked up the mic, and having tons of fun with it. Up in the top 700 overall for vocals.

As for "Prayer of the Refugee" in GH3, I still play that one lots when on GH3.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Dec 18, 2007 -> 09:29 PM)
It does not look like there will be a new MVP NCAA Baseball game. Big disappointment for me. But MLB 08 The Show looks like it will be better and the Road to the Show feature seems to be much more improved. MLB 2k8 is getting better, but meh.

Ever since MVP went down, I have not found a good baseball game and have not been excited about any of the new ones. From what I hear, MLB Power Pros is a good game, but I would need to get a Wii for that one.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 18, 2007 -> 04:36 PM)
Has anyone been playing Rock Band?

My friends and I play it a bunch. I'm not very good, but I have a lot of fun playing the drums since I play them in real life (or at least, did before coming to college), so it's a lot of fun.

So I broke down and bought a Wii bundle from Wal-mart. It was like 770 bucks but included an extra set of controlers and 8 games, so it's not like I spent any additional costs, I just had to buy everything at once. Thus far I'm very pleased. Wii Sports is cool, Mario is cool, Warioware is cool. Resident Evil (not 4, the one specific for the Wii) is ok, but I didn't realize it was a "rail shooter." That's all I've had a chance to play so far. Any other Wii owners out there? Anything that I should know?

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 20, 2007 -> 05:56 PM)
So I broke down and bought a Wii bundle from Wal-mart. It was like 770 bucks but included an extra set of controlers and 8 games, so it's not like I spent any additional costs, I just had to buy everything at once. Thus far I'm very pleased. Wii Sports is cool, Mario is cool, Warioware is cool. Resident Evil (not 4, the one specific for the Wii) is ok, but I didn't realize it was a "rail shooter." That's all I've had a chance to play so far. Any other Wii owners out there? Anything that I should know?

Zelda, Zelda and more Zelda...

IMO it's theb est Wii game, though more are likely to choose Galaxy.

Zak and Wiki is another solid choice if you're into puzzlers. It has the worst name ever, and a stupid-anime art-style, but it's gotten great reviews and I like it from what little I've played from it.

There's a ton of awesome virtual console games as well. I suggest getting Ice Hockey. Unlimited fun for 5 bucks.

May I ask what games came with your bundle? Usually they try and screw you over, but Galaxy, REUC, and WarioWare is a solid start.

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 17, 2007 -> 07:12 PM)
sooooooo i just popped in madden 04 (vick cover) for the ps2 and had a blast. That game is way better than any of the newer games. The graphics are worse (not by much though), but the smoothness of the gameplay is incredible.

that is a great game.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 20, 2007 -> 12:28 PM)
Zelda, Zelda and more Zelda...

IMO it's theb est Wii game, though more are likely to choose Galaxy.

Zak and Wiki is another solid choice if you're into puzzlers. It has the worst name ever, and a stupid-anime art-style, but it's gotten great reviews and I like it from what little I've played from it.

There's a ton of awesome virtual console games as well. I suggest getting Ice Hockey. Unlimited fun for 5 bucks.

May I ask what games came with your bundle? Usually they try and screw you over, but Galaxy, REUC, and WarioWare is a solid start.

It was the WalMart bundle. I ended up with an extra set of controllers, a wireless sensor bar, Wii Play, Super Mario Galaxy, Warioware, REUC, sims castaway (for the gf), big brain academy (for the gf), mario party 8, and then i got the Simpsons but ended up returning it. I think I'm going to go pick up College Hoopse 2k8 for the ps3 instead. It was nice though because you got to pick from a long list of games.

After playing drunken Wii with the family (warioware and wiisports was a big hit) I'd say it was definitely worth it. Galaxy seems solid thus far but I haven't had much time to play the rest. I would have picked up Zelda but I already had it for the gamecube. I heard Metroid is pretty solid, but I never was into those games for the earlier consoles.

And yeah, I def plan on hitting up the virtual console. Mario 64 is tops on my list. I used to love that game.

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 17, 2007 -> 07:12 PM)
sooooooo i just popped in madden 04 (vick cover) for the ps2 and had a blast. That game is way better than any of the newer games. The graphics are worse (not by much though), but the smoothness of the gameplay is incredible.

If thats the one Im thinking of, I used to go online and put up 100 points with the Falcons. That was when they made Vick so unbelievable that he could literally not be stopped.

We had Christmas Eve at our house this year. It was the first time I got to see the Wii in it's full "Party" mode. We've had it since, I think April, but this was the first case of a LOT of people in the house. EVERYBODY was in the family room playing it. Everybody was playing, from my 4 year old son to my wife's 87 year old Grandma! Everybody loved it and had a blast. It was pretty crazy.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 20, 2007 -> 10:56 AM)
Any other Wii owners out there? Anything that I should know?

The wife and I bought it for eachother for Christmas and we're loving every minute of it. We're absolutely obsessed with bowling. I picked up Mario/Sonic & The Olympics and it's pretty damn fun. It's a hell of a workout. I'd suggest you at least rent it and give it a shot.

OK, for anyone out there with a PS3 or an XBOX 360 AND a HD television, please go out and rent (or save the 7.99 and purchase, because you will be anyway) NBA 2k8.

I have three 360 games that I got in celebration of Jesus Christ's birthday (my ass), and I haven't even put the other two in yet.

NBA 2k8 has rocked my socks off... it looks like you are WATCHING an NBA game, it plays like the real thing, the players seem alive on the court... the game is just indescribable. It truly is... I have never played a better GAME, let alone a better sports game or better NBA game, this is the best game I have ever played.

Edited by Steve9347

Got College Hoops 2K8. Whenever I have a transition lay up chance, I end up shooting from 5 feet and can't get my guys to do lay ups. My big guys dunk but I can't get anyone to do a lay up. Ends up a jumper from 5 feet.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 2, 2008 -> 05:05 PM)
Got College Hoops 2K8. Whenever I have a transition lay up chance, I end up shooting from 5 feet and can't get my guys to do lay ups. My big guys dunk but I can't get anyone to do a lay up. Ends up a jumper from 5 feet.

Just push up on the shot stick when you get close to the basket, you'll dunk and do layups much more frequently.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 2, 2008 -> 05:05 PM)

If its anything like NBA 2k8, just hold your directional joystick toward the basket and then use the shotstick hitting up and you'll layup or dunk. These games take an adjustment period but you'll figure it out and soon after adore them.

That is the thing, when I do that with the shot stick with a big man, he dunks, but Josh Bone missed a bunch of lay ups yesterday cuz he threw it up short from near the bucket. I'll figure it out.

I think you have to hold R1 too. I'm at the same spot as you though, I just started playing a few days ago and can't seem to get the hang of it. The practice/tutorial thing was kind of a pain to get through and didn't really help much. I'm guessing it'll just be a play and play and play and get used to it. I don't understand why my players don't run at all. Unless I call a play every player stands around, even when I'm passing all over the court. Very strange.

On another note, for anyone who is on the fence about Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for the ps3, I highly recommend it. I played it for the first time last night after getting it for xmas. I spent a solid 3-4 hours playing before going to bed. It looks fantastic and the gameplay is a lot of fun. I give it a 9/10.

Wait, you have to call plays? I agree, a lot of times my guys just stand around. They don't mention plays in the manual. I like the game a lot except that it lags a tad on PS2. Best Buy had a bunch of PS3's for $350 yesterday, almost got one but I just can't afford it right now. Look at me all responsible...I hate it.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 07:34 PM)
So my 360 is starting to have disc read errors. What makes it bad is it doesn't happen right away, but during a game. I was in the 4th quarter of an NBA game, and it got the error. I know its not the game either, because it did it with the version I rented, and when I just bought the game( different disc) it did the same thing.

Any suggestions? (Not buy a PS3)

Call Microsoft or if you have a warranty from a store take it there.

I had the extended warranty on my PS2 and when I got the disc read error I took it to Best Buy and they just gave me a brand new one straight out of the box.