Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

So I've recently been thinking about getting rock band (just the CD) and just using my GH guitars. Rock Band just seems to have so many great songs on the CD and to download.

Good/Bad idea?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(SnB @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 02:47 PM)
So I've recently been thinking about getting rock band (just the CD) and just using my GH guitars. Rock Band just seems to have so many great songs on the CD and to download.

Good/Bad idea?

Bad Idea

Rock Band is not as fun just playing with guitars, mainly because most of the songs are geared towards the entire band playing.. I would say you would enjoy it more getting the whole deal

It does have great songs and the DL content is very nice.. but in terms of pure enjoyment, its a lot better with the drums and microphone as well

QUOTE(SnB @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 09:47 PM)

Good/Bad idea?

I would say bad idea. GH2 is way better when it comes to guitars IMO. Also, this won't work if you have the Ps3 version.

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 07:28 PM)
Anyone else watch the Angry Video Game Nerd?

He has stuff on youtube but also has it on gametrailers.com.

Hilarious if you enjoy bad language and poop jokes.

Yeah, I found him a while ago. He is awesome. The Ghostbusters stuff, Turtles stuff and Power Glove are great.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 11:27 PM)
I would say bad idea. GH2 is way better when it comes to guitars IMO. Also, this won't work if you have the Ps3 version.

Any SSBB tips yet? I'm learning the controls as I never had a GameCube so I wasn't able to get the last SuperSmash.

www.wiisworld.com

GameStop will be hosting Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournaments at 2,500 of its stores across the US (includes EB Games).

It all kicks off on March 8th (i.e tomorrow). Store winners will progress to district tourneys on March 15th. Winners of those go on to a brawl in San Jose on March 29th. The winners there will go all around the world, devoting their lives to the art of brawl. I made that last bit up, San Jose is the final.

The grand prize is pretty awesome:

Visio 37" LCD TV.

A Nintendo Wii console and accessories.

The entire Wii game library.

$5000 cash.

What do you guys use? Sideways Wii remote? Remote with nunchuk? Classic? Gamecube controller? I'm getting used to the controls. I'm also sort of confused about the 'B' button super smash (or whatever it's called). Say I'm Samus -- obviously there's the one move where you charge up his gun and shoot the gigantic ball. Does Samus have another *special* beyond that? The instruction guide makes it seem so although I'm (apparently) an idiot and can't figure it out.

One more thing... I'm pretty sure I could find the answer to this somewhere online but you guys are as good a resource as any, so... I can buy a GameCube controller for the Wii and use it without having to by some converter/adapter, right?

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 9, 2008 -> 04:20 PM)
What do you guys use? Sideways Wii remote? Remote with nunchuk? Classic? Gamecube controller? I'm getting used to the controls. I'm also sort of confused about the 'B' button super smash (or whatever it's called). Say I'm Samus -- obviously there's the one move where you charge up his gun and shoot the gigantic ball. Does Samus have another *special* beyond that? The instruction guide makes it seem so although I'm (apparently) an idiot and can't figure it out.

One more thing... I'm pretty sure I could find the answer to this somewhere online but you guys are as good a resource as any, so... I can buy a GameCube controller for the Wii and use it without having to by some converter/adapter, right?

Yea, there are outlets on the wii system that a Gamecube controller fit in

Brawl is pretty good so far:

- I hate how slow it play in comparison to Melee but I'm sure I'll get used to it. It takes forever to kill someone now.

- Not sure I've seen so much content in one game before.

- I've only opened a few characters so far, but from what I can tell, Marth is by far the best character in the game.

- Not too fond of the Wiimote controls. GCN controller is a must IMO(And you don't need a converter to the one who asked above).

- Went to a midnight tournament last night. Made it to the second round. They made you use Wiimote controls so no one had any idea what they were doing.

If anyone wants to play online, feel free to post your Wii friend code amd I'll add you.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 12:10 PM)
In a moment of weakness, I bought a Wii and Brawl.

0473-7487-2815 for a good time

Anyone else using the classic controller? Or should I get a gamecube one?

Get the Gamecube controller. It's way better, particularly the Wavebirds.