Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 13, 2008 -> 08:03 AM)
I'm thinking about getting an xbox360 in 09 basically for Gears of War 2... does the xbox360 have any other good games coming out?

NHL 08 was sick this year, but wait and get NHL 09(comes out 9/9/08) and you'll be hooked and if you arent a hockey fan i bet you'll become one ha. Call Of Duty 4(5 comes out in november im guessing so get that). I have MLB 2k8 its a good game, bit tougher then your just regular baseball games. Guitar Hero is a must. I didnt like the first GOW so id say there are many other reasons/games to get the 360

Am I able to use my PS2 Memory cards on the 80GB PS3 that comes in the Metal Gear Solid 4 package?

I still have some PS2 games that I'd like to play, but if i can't use my memory card, then that will suck.

I'm getting conflicting answers on the web, and was hoping someone here may know (i trust you guys more).

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jun 13, 2008 -> 06:30 PM)
Am I able to use my PS2 Memory cards on the 80GB PS3 that comes in the Metal Gear Solid 4 package?

I still have some PS2 games that I'd like to play, but if i can't use my memory card, then that will suck.

I'm getting conflicting answers on the web, and was hoping someone here may know (i trust you guys more).

I believe you just need a PS3 memory card converter which will set you abck about ten bucks. You should be able to find them in any store.

I think I'm going to buy a PS3 tomorrow and trade in my Xbox360. I really want MGS4 and I'm just waiting for my Xbox to explode and die.

I don't play Halo anymore. I hate Gears of War. Sports games come out on both systems. I love Metal Gear (played 4 and love it). I love Final Fantasy.

Edited by chimpy2121

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)
So I went to both Best Buy and Circuit City in Schaumburg last night looking for the MGS4/PS3 package and both were sold out. Any ideas of other places in the area I can check that might be carrying it and not sold out?

Places like Game Crazy or Game Spot. Whenever I need something video game related that is sold out other places they normally will have it.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 04:59 PM)
So I went to both Best Buy and Circuit City in Schaumburg last night looking for the MGS4/PS3 package and both were sold out. Any ideas of other places in the area I can check that might be carrying it and not sold out?

Unless they continue to make them I would assume you have missed the boat. Major retailers are your best bet for hardware, so I would just keep trying at other Best Buys and such..

Anyone got any PS3 game recommendations?

I traded in Xbox360 and a whole bunch of other stuff so I was able to buy the system, MGS4, and pre-ordered and payed off NCAA09 and Madden 20th Year Edition with the credit I got (too bad I couldn't get NHL payed off).

I don't know if I'll get anything because I have MGS4 now and I'll be pretty set come July 15th, but I could use some advice. Anyone play Lego Star Wars? Orange Box?

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)

I traded in Xbox360 and a whole bunch of other stuff so I was able to buy the system, MGS4, and pre-ordered and payed off NCAA09 and Madden 20th Year Edition with the credit I got (too bad I couldn't get NHL payed off).

I don't know if I'll get anything because I have MGS4 now and I'll be pretty set come July 15th, but I could use some advice. Anyone play Lego Star Wars? Orange Box?

Resistance is my favorite, Call of Duty 4 would be my next choice if you haven't gone through it on 360. Grand Theft Auto 4, which I've never atcually played, would probably be a good choice. Uncharted is supposedly the best single player game on the system. The Lego Stars Wars games are great. I only rented the second one back on the GameCube but it was a great game.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 12:11 PM)
Unless they continue to make them I would assume you have missed the boat. Major retailers are your best bet for hardware, so I would just keep trying at other Best Buys and such..

Thanks. I believe they are supposed to get another shipment tomorrow. Hopefully that works.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 01:40 PM)

I'd grabt COD4 if you like FPS multiplayer games (though the single player is pretty good too. Uncharted was pretty sweet, I was actually half way through my second go around with that before MGS4 came out. GTAIV is good, though definitely not the 10 people claim it is.

Speaking of MGS4, the graphics are ridiculous. So far I'm only about 6 hours in, but I'm still amazed by how sharp everything looks. I'm also glad that Konami has opened up things a bit. In the previous games it's was very linear in that you pretty much knew where you had to go with a few hidden spots here and there. With the new one it seems like you have 3-4 routes you can take (at least with certain parts). I was expecting a little more stealth style play though. The reviews said you could tailor the game and play whichever style you want (stealth v fps), but there have been 3 or 4 major gun fights in the beginning of the game that you can't very well sneak past.