Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 09:18 AM)
Haha. I promise you, though, in the long run, the PS3 will beat out both the Wii and 360. The PS3 is a horse. Next year there is a game coming out called MAG, it's a 250 player MMO FPS. Now if only they make an MMO RPG...

There are some awesome games coming out in the next few months. Socom, COD 5, End War, Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Fallout 3, Resistance 2, Prince of Persia, Tiger Woods, Far Cry 2. They're not all exclusive (I think Socom and Resistance are the only two), but I'm excited to get my game on.

COD5 will be garbage. It's being made by the people who made COD3, not COD4.

I'm in love with the new Madden. They finally on the next gen systems decided that every player should not have the same physique. It pisses me off that the opposition kicks to Hester only like 20% of the time, but that's realistic.

This game is just good, it looks great, it feels real, and Rex Grossman even gets injured in it. My only complaint is that for some reason Mike Brown is dark black instead of light, and his face isn't on his player. I don't get how you miss him.

The rosters are also deep... the only issues I noticed were obvoiusly Favre (whom you can release from teh legends team and edit down a bit to move to the Jets), and Pennington who you move to Miami. This is a good game that stays challenging.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 09:32 AM)
I'm in love with the new Madden. They finally on the next gen systems decided that every player should not have the same physique. It pisses me off that the opposition kicks to Hester only like 20% of the time, but that's realistic.

This game is just good, it looks great, it feels real, and Rex Grossman even gets injured in it. My only complaint is that for some reason Mike Brown is dark black instead of light, and his face isn't on his player. I don't get how you miss him.

The rosters are also deep... the only issues I noticed were obvoiusly Favre (whom you can release from teh legends team and edit down a bit to move to the Jets), and Pennington who you move to Miami. This is a good game that stays challenging.

Download the online roster. Favre is on the Jets (94 overall). Pennington move hasnt been done yet but others have.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 08:59 AM)
Download the online roster. Favre is on the Jets (94 overall). Pennington move hasnt been done yet but others have.

Why do that?

I more realistically edited Favre down to an 87 overall, and took care of the few issues that remained that the online roster didn't bother to do.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 04:48 PM)
Free if you order the Comcast Triple Play.

I seriously considered a craig's list ad to swap my 360 for a wii just because my wife would get involved. However, I then got greedy and thought of Madden (pre-ordered yesterday) and NBA 2k9...

Yeah saw that but you're locked into a 2 year contract with Comcast right (which would be a no-no for me).

Is $250 the normal retail price? I'd be looking for a bundle (with say the Sports Game, 2 controllers and maybe 1 other game) for around $300.

Picked up Madden last night for the first since the 05 version. I'm pretty impressed thus far. Graphics are good (though still not great - what's with the player models when they run? It doesn't look realistic at all), gameplay is much improved, and overall I think I'm happy. I also really like the rewind feature. In previous years I'd get burned on a terrible, unrealistic play (like last night - Manning to Harrison on a slant at their 10 yard line, breaking through 4-5 tacklers, including Urlacher and Briggs, for a 80 something yard TD). But now when that happens I can rewind it and continue on.

My biggest complaint is that for some reason during kickoffs you never get the chance to switch players. It's pretty much up to the computer if I get to use Hester or not - seems that I should be able to have the option to have him run over and catch it, but because of the camera angle I don't have the option and/or time to do it. I didn't mess with the options too much, hopefully there's a camera angle fix for that. I also don't understand how the Bears are an overall 85, but...

What's everyone elses Madden IQ? I scored a mediocre 560 something. I can't pass for crap and I can't stop anyone who is running. But my run attack is Madden level and my pass defense is nearly Madden level.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 09:34 AM)
Picked up Madden last night for the first since the 05 version. I'm pretty impressed thus far. Graphics are good (though still not great - what's with the player models when they run? It doesn't look realistic at all), gameplay is much improved, and overall I think I'm happy. I also really like the rewind feature. In previous years I'd get burned on a terrible, unrealistic play (like last night - Manning to Harrison on a slant at their 10 yard line, breaking through 4-5 tacklers, including Urlacher and Briggs, for a 80 something yard TD). But now when that happens I can rewind it and continue on.

My biggest complaint is that for some reason during kickoffs you never get the chance to switch players. It's pretty much up to the computer if I get to use Hester or not - seems that I should be able to have the option to have him run over and catch it, but because of the camera angle I don't have the option and/or time to do it. I didn't mess with the options too much, hopefully there's a camera angle fix for that. I also don't understand how the Bears are an overall 85, but...

What's everyone elses Madden IQ? I scored a mediocre 560 something. I can't pass for crap and I can't stop anyone who is running. But my run attack is Madden level and my pass defense is nearly Madden level.

To solve your Hester issues, the AI kicks it away from him a lot, but if you substitute before hte kickoff and switch hester to the other side, it tends to work. Although, returning a kick rather far isn't that easy.

The game is awesome though, after struggling to run the first three games, Forte busted out for 131 and 2 td's for me. But no one really cares about that.

Oh, and I refuse to use the rewind feature, I have mine set to 0. Fluke plays happen in real life, and I think it takes away from the realism to be able to rewind something that happened.

I do have a question though, has anyone figured out how to challenge a play?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 11:33 AM)
To solve your Hester issues, the AI kicks it away from him a lot, but if you substitute before hte kickoff and switch hester to the other side, it tends to work. Although, returning a kick rather far isn't that easy.

The game is awesome though, after struggling to run the first three games, Forte busted out for 131 and 2 td's for me. But no one really cares about that.

Oh, and I refuse to use the rewind feature, I have mine set to 0. Fluke plays happen in real life, and I think it takes away from the realism to be able to rewind something that happened.

I do have a question though, has anyone figured out how to challenge a play?

Yeah but Harrison wouldn't get through 5 guys and then break it for 90 yards. But anyways, I've already done a couple of challenges. After the highlight replays of the play you want to challenge hit start and it should be an option on the list. In previous games it was under "gameplay strategy" but not this year. Sometimes you have to wait until the play calling screen comes up before the option becomes available.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 06:49 PM)
Hey kyyle, you're gonna get this right?

(PNSFW)

I am now. Im really surprised that Nintendo is making a title like that, they usually shy away from heavy violence games with a lot of blood.

QUOTE (SnB @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 01:12 PM)
i got myself a wii yesterday, i'm pretty excited about mlb power pro's

Hopefully the second wii version is a little harder than the first(the PS2 port). Its a fun game, but I thought it was ridiculously easy. I had everyone on my roster with 30+ homeruns after may, and 3 players with 40+ homeruns.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 04:05 PM)
oh sweet, so I'm one of the lucky ones that has their Madden game freeze on them. For some reason it won't load any of my franchise files. Super.

There should be a patch that take cares of that, I just downloaded the patch myself. Not starting a franchise until I can get the rosters finalized though.

• 3 weeks later...

Question, I am probably going to get a PS3 over here pretty soon.

My question is, they just released a new 80GIG version for $399. However I've read that it may not be backwards compatitble with PS2 games.

So is it worth me getting the Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle say off E-Bay (or if anyone knows anywhere else where they would sell them), because I've heard you can still play PS2 games on those (and I would like to get MLB Power Pros).

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 10:07 AM)
Question, I am probably going to get a PS3 over here pretty soon.

My question is, they just released a new 80GIG version for $399. However I've read that it may not be backwards compatitble with PS2 games.

So is it worth me getting the Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle say off E-Bay (or if anyone knows anywhere else where they would sell them), because I've heard you can still play PS2 games on those (and I would like to get MLB Power Pros).

You can always buy one you know is backwards compatible and switch out the HD's on them from what I've read.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 01:00 PM)
Anyone got/getting NHL 09? Think I'm going to pick it up on Thursday.

I played the demo on 360 and I really enjoyed that. I'd really like to pick that up this week. However, I know I'll be getting Star Wars The Force Unleashed next week as well.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 12:58 PM)
You can always buy one you know is backwards compatible and switch out the HD's on them from what I've read.

I'm after the MGS4 Bundle (which is backwards compatible) so I can also play MLB Power Pros, but the cheapest I've seen is around $450 or so on E-Bay (if anyone knows anywhere cheaper)? :D