Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 01:22 PM)
Did you try craigslist or facebook marketplace at all? Overstock.com might be worth a try as well.

I found a MGS4 bundle on facebook for $300, and it's an 80GIG and it's compatible with PS1 and Ps2 games, so I think I'm going to go with that.

QUOTE (SnB @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 10:14 AM)
super mario galaxy is one hell of a game.

Me and my wife are trying to finish the game now, I have 94 stars, she is just under 90. The gravity of the different levels totally messes with you

Been playing Final Fantasy IV and Trauma Center on DS a lot. Also trying to download the Warhammer Online open beta, but the queue is just insane on FilePlanet, and it's the only place I've seen to get it. Plus the file is like 9 gigs.

QUOTE (almagest @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 11:23 PM)
Been playing Final Fantasy IV and Trauma Center on DS a lot. Also trying to download the Warhammer Online open beta, but the queue is just insane on FilePlanet, and it's the only place I've seen to get it. Plus the file is like 9 gigs.

Well, doesn't the official game come out in like 6 days?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 12, 2008 -> 05:18 PM)
Wow, I still can't score a lick in NHL. Anyone got any tips?

Yeah I agree it is pretty tough. I started right off on All-star with my pro and havent changed. I started on the 3rd line, have played 10 or more games and am already on the 1st line. This is in the AHL of course and I am a LW'r. I have 4 goals, the most pim on the team, and the turnovers are a b**********tch definitely.

I dont think ill mess with the difficulty just because the game actually makes me want to play it more with a bad game now and then, and there is so many goals you have to do it's really nuts.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 05:36 PM)
please share

Grossman in, Forte in as 3rd down back, Olsen in, WRs Hester,Bennett,Davis,Bradley,Olsen

Harrison in for Dvoracek and Anderson in for brown.

Defense- start out the game blitzing, mix it up from where theyre coming from. If he starts getting you with dump off passes, switch to a straight cover 3 (important) and manually alter coverage to curl flats, on ps3 its triangle and down with the left analog stick. then take ogun and shift him over manually to get an outside rush, if he tries to throw a short pass they normally get picked off. The cover three is important because it wont give up a big play. It kind of is a bend but dont break defense but it creates a lot of turnovers and will never give up a big play, the more plays he runs the more likely he will make a mistake, big sack, pick etc. If youre playing a team with a big time WR like TO, always spotlight them, which is L2 and then whatever button that specific guy is on PS3.

Offense, feel him out with some runs and safe passes. if he is playing man, obviously try to get hester in single coverage and let grossman pump fake it and launch it to him. That will only work once if at all. Then, see if he is playing man or zone, if its man, run constant outs with Olsen, he will always be open. If its zone, have olsen run go's, just make sure you hold down up and rifle it so its high and over any LBs head. Another great play is the screen to Hester thats in one of the single back formations. Its good for anywhere from 4 yards + at all times unless he is real savy and reads it manually with a safety.

Thats some of the better stuff, ive got some other stuff if youre interested. Im on a rampage with this strategy online though. Im like 14-3 and have won 12 in a row. basically the offense is like a west coast, timing routes and always get rid of te ball quickly. Basically have a two man progression where youre reading a defender, and the second you know what hes doing get rid of it.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 01:44 PM)
Anyone play Rock Band II yet? I'm sure it's the same, but I love those games and going over to friends house on Saturday to do a marathan session

It is AWESOME.. there are a handful of meh songs but overall its the best set list for any music game ever.

The songs are so badass, add it in to the fact that Rock Band 1 transfers over along with all the DL s*** Ive got 200 songs on my game right now. So when you play the tour and s***, you rarely ever see repeats. It puts the Rock Band 1 songs and the DL content into the tour when you play mystery set lists.

So unlike Rock Band 1, you don't end up playing Train Kept a Rollin 15 times on the tour (Hate it)

Pain Killer by Judas Priest is f***ing fun as hell to play

Question, which would be the best games to get out of these? (if you had to pick 10)

Bladestorm, Call of Duty 4, Conan, Conflict-Denied Ops, Fight Night

Round 3, Folklore, Jericho, Lair, Madden 08, NCAA March Madness 08,

NBA 08, Oblivion, Resistance Fall of Man, Soldier of Fortune Payback,

TimeShift, Turok, and Uncharted Drake's Fortune.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:50 PM)
Question, which would be the best games to get out of these? (if you had to pick 10)

Call of Duty 4

Madden 08

NCAA 08

are the only ones ive played off that, and I endorse all 3

QUOTE (Shadows @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:01 PM)
It is AWESOME.. there are a handful of meh songs but overall its the best set list for any music game ever.

The songs are so badass, add it in to the fact that Rock Band 1 transfers over along with all the DL s*** Ive got 200 songs on my game right now. So when you play the tour and s***, you rarely ever see repeats. It puts the Rock Band 1 songs and the DL content into the tour when you play mystery set lists.

So unlike Rock Band 1, you don't end up playing Train Kept a Rollin 15 times on the tour (Hate it)

Pain Killer by Judas Priest is f***ing fun as hell to play

I thought it wasn't out until October? And they said that it will have 500 songs. Cool.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 05:50 PM)

Definites:

Call of Duty 4

Resistance

Uncharted

Oblivion

Avoid: Lair

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 01:34 PM)
I thought it wasn't out until October? And they said that it will have 500 songs. Cool.

It released September 14th for 360

Yes, with RB1 and RB2 +DL content it will have 500 + songs

Its a great buy based off that, it can never really get old.