Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Shadows @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 01:36 PM)
It released September 14th for 360

Yes, with RB1 and RB2 +DL content it will have 500 + songs

Its a great buy based off that, it can never really get old.

Wow. I didn't realize it was out already!

Oh well, me and me playstation2 suck anyway. :lol:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 02:22 PM)
Wow. I didn't realize it was out already!

Oh well, me and me playstation2 suck anyway. :lol:

you can get an XBOX 360 for like $200 now, might be $300 im not 100% on that but they aren't as expensive as they use to be. A used one would be even cheaper obviously

QUOTE (Shadows @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:01 PM)
It is AWESOME.. there are a handful of meh songs but overall its the best set list for any music game ever.

The songs are so badass, add it in to the fact that Rock Band 1 transfers over along with all the DL s*** Ive got 200 songs on my game right now. So when you play the tour and s***, you rarely ever see repeats. It puts the Rock Band 1 songs and the DL content into the tour when you play mystery set lists.

So unlike Rock Band 1, you don't end up playing Train Kept a Rollin 15 times on the tour (Hate it)

Pain Killer by Judas Priest is f***ing fun as hell to play

Sweet, I'm looking forward to Saturday to rock out. We played the endless setlist one night, it was awesome

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:50 PM)
Question, which would be the best games to get out of these? (if you had to pick 10)

Bladestorm, Call of Duty 4, Conan, Conflict-Denied Ops, Fight Night

Round 3, Folklore, Jericho, Lair, Madden 08, NCAA March Madness 08,

NBA 08, Oblivion, Resistance Fall of Man, Soldier of Fortune Payback,

TimeShift, Turok, and Uncharted Drake's Fortune.

Call of Duty 4 (Fantastic online as well)

Fight Night 3

Madden 08

Oblivion

Resistance

Uncharted

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 03:17 AM)
I'm sure this has been debated like hell in here, but Playstation 3, Xbox, ??? (I don't feel like reading 95 pages).

I do like the Blu-Ray in the PS3. And I assume Xbox you can connect to the internet as well?

To play online you have to pay 50 dollars for 360. PSN is free.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:17 PM)
I'm sure this has been debated like hell in here, but Playstation 3, Xbox, ??? (I don't feel like reading 95 pages).

I do like the Blu-Ray in the PS3. And I assume Xbox you can connect to the internet as well?

I have both and definitely play my Xbox more. Just seems like a better online community to me.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)
To play online you have to pay 50 dollars for 360. PSN is free.

Not necessarily

You can pay a month by month basis.. Its like 8 bucks, that's what I do

Basically, you don't have to pay $50 to play online.. but you can if you want

QUOTE (Shadows @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 10:27 PM)
Not necessarily

You can pay a month by month basis.. Its like 8 bucks, that's what I do

Basically, you don't have to pay $50 to play online.. but you can if you want

And you get a much better and more refined online community with many more players.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 01:50 PM)
Question, which would be the best games to get out of these? (if you had to pick 10)

Bladestorm, Call of Duty 4, Conan, Conflict-Denied Ops, Fight Night

Round 3, Folklore, Jericho, Lair, Madden 08, NCAA March Madness 08,

NBA 08, Oblivion, Resistance Fall of Man, Soldier of Fortune Payback,

TimeShift, Turok, and Uncharted Drake's Fortune.

CoD4

Uncharted

Madden

NCAA

NBA

Oblivion

Kap...for pure gaming purposes, Xbox > PS3. I don't give a crap what the fanboys want to say about how the PS3 has more capabilities, the Xbox has better games, a better online mode, better controllers, etc.

The PS3 on the other hand is the better system if you aren't going to play many games. That is because it can double as a total entertainment system (since it has blu-ray).

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 07:48 PM)
Grossman in, Forte in as 3rd down back, Olsen in, WRs Hester,Bennett,Davis,Bradley,Olsen

Harrison in for Dvoracek and Anderson in for brown.

Defense- start out the game blitzing, mix it up from where theyre coming from. If he starts getting you with dump off passes, switch to a straight cover 3 (important) and manually alter coverage to curl flats, on ps3 its triangle and down with the left analog stick. then take ogun and shift him over manually to get an outside rush, if he tries to throw a short pass they normally get picked off. The cover three is important because it wont give up a big play. It kind of is a bend but dont break defense but it creates a lot of turnovers and will never give up a big play, the more plays he runs the more likely he will make a mistake, big sack, pick etc. If youre playing a team with a big time WR like TO, always spotlight them, which is L2 and then whatever button that specific guy is on PS3.

Offense, feel him out with some runs and safe passes. if he is playing man, obviously try to get hester in single coverage and let grossman pump fake it and launch it to him. That will only work once if at all. Then, see if he is playing man or zone, if its man, run constant outs with Olsen, he will always be open. If its zone, have olsen run go's, just make sure you hold down up and rifle it so its high and over any LBs head. Another great play is the screen to Hester thats in one of the single back formations. Its good for anywhere from 4 yards + at all times unless he is real savy and reads it manually with a safety.

Thats some of the better stuff, ive got some other stuff if youre interested. Im on a rampage with this strategy online though. Im like 14-3 and have won 12 in a row. basically the offense is like a west coast, timing routes and always get rid of te ball quickly. Basically have a two man progression where youre reading a defender, and the second you know what hes doing get rid of it.

Thanks. I am definitely giving this a shot.

A few questions :

You mention subbing Harrison in for Dvorcek, What do you think of Adams?

Also you mention Olsen in, As TE or WR? What don't you like about booker?

Does it hurt to have a set with Clark in as a TE and Olsen,Hester and Bennet at Wrs?

Also an irrelevant question when it comes to strategy, but, any way to get the orange Unis during online play?

Thanks Bomber!

Ok a couple of questions.

Has anyone made any purchases on blujay.com before? I was originally going to buy a PS3 via Facebook, but the guy wanted payment via Western Union Money Transfer, and from what I read on the internet, that's a very dodgy system of payment.

So I'm looking at a Wii possibly again, and found one on the site for $190 with Wii Sports, which well seems too good to be true, considering most are going on E-Bay for around $300.

Also, is there anyway of still getting that MGS4 pack for the PS3, as I want to get one that's backward compatible with PS1 and PS2, but unfortunately the new systems that are coming out are not.

So I am going to get a Wii this weekend from Nintendo World, the only place I've found which actually has them in stock and for only $250 (so I don't have to pay over $300 on E-Bay).

Going to get MLB Power Pros, Mario Kart Wii and either Super Mario Galaxy or Legend of Zelda (I can be swayed towards one or the other).

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 08:11 AM)
So I am going to get a Wii this weekend from Nintendo World, the only place I've found which actually has them in stock and for only $250 (so I don't have to pay over $300 on E-Bay).

Going to get MLB Power Pros, Mario Kart Wii and either Super Mario Galaxy or Legend of Zelda (I can be swayed towards one or the other).

If you get your Wii online let me know and we can throw down a little mariokart

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 10:12 AM)
If you get your Wii online let me know and we can throw down a little mariokart

I was going to get Mario Kart and 4 Wheels, and make the most of it.

Does it cost anything extra to use the Wii On-Line? I've got the whole wireless set-up with the internet and a router at home, so I imagine I shouldn't have any major problems on that regard.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 08:53 AM)
I was going to get Mario Kart and 4 Wheels, and make the most of it.

Does it cost anything extra to use the Wii On-Line? I've got the whole wireless set-up with the internet and a router at home, so I imagine I shouldn't have any major problems on that regard.

Wii internet is free, as long as you have a connection. I just said screw it with wireless and used a lan connector

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 07:05 PM)
Thanks. I am definitely giving this a shot.

A few questions :

You mention subbing Harrison in for Dvorcek, What do you think of Adams?

Also you mention Olsen in, As TE or WR? What don't you like about booker?

Does it hurt to have a set with Clark in as a TE and Olsen,Hester and Bennet at Wrs?

Also an irrelevant question when it comes to strategy, but, any way to get the orange Unis during online play?

Thanks Bomber!

No for the orange unis

I actually use Clark a lot as well. its solid to run a lot of two TE formation sets as long as you keep him honest by passing it a fair amount. More than likely Olsen will be a mismatch against any linebacker and Clark is more than solid. I put Olsen in at the 5th WR because if you have a 5 WR set there are no TEs and he is too big a target to have off the field. Booker is too slow and doesnt make up for it with any kind of size. He basically has no upside in Madden because his catching ability isnt so remarkable it makes up for his speed. Also, when youre running it, try to run to Bennetts side more then Hesters for obvious blocking reasons.

I like to use Harrison but I dont think he is that significant upgrade over DD or Adams. I manually use Tommie a lot and Harrison is big and strong so he normally holds down the middle of the field which is all I need of my second dt.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 08:03 AM)
I decided to buy an Xbox 360 over the weekend on an impulse. I know it's a little old but I'm having fun going through Halo 3 on legendary. Messed around a little with Portal from Orange Box, too.

Get Call of Duty 4 its gold Jerry, gold

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 02:16 PM)
I have temporary possession of a WII. I have 2 controllers with nunchucks. What would be some fun games to rent?

Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart

I just rented boom blox, it was a fun puzzle game.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 01:16 PM)
I have temporary possession of a WII. I have 2 controllers with nunchucks. What would be some fun games to rent?

Rampage is pretty fun to play with 2 players. just make sure you have enough room between you both or you end up with black eyes.