Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So a few questions with the Wii;

1 - Do you have to buy the Internet Channel to actually use the Internet?

2 - How much are points to buy? And how much would old N64 games such as Golden Eye cost?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 09:51 AM)
So a few questions with the Wii;

1 - Do you have to buy the Internet Channel to actually use the Internet?

2 - How much are points to buy? And how much would old N64 games such as Golden Eye cost?

1 - Yes, well, you have to buy the browser. 5 dollars IIRC

2 - 1 dollar buys 100 points so the browser I just mentioned would be 500 points, etc. I forget how much N64 games cost exactly, I want to say around 12 dollars. 8-bit games 5 dollars, SNES games 8 dollars, N64 games 12 dollars. It's been a while since I bought a game though.

I'm going to get about 4000 points I think, and get the Internet, and a few N64 games on top of that.

It was actually really easy to set-up my internet connection through my wireless network actually, so that was pleasing.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 09:55 AM)
I'm going to get about 4000 points I think, and get the Internet, and a few N64 games on top of that.

It was actually really easy to set-up my internet connection through my wireless network actually, so that was pleasing.

The newer the game, the more space they take up. You arent going to be able to get a lot of N64 games

Hopefully that Wii harddrive comes out soon, there are too many games I want to play

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 11:06 AM)
The newer the game, the more space they take up. You arent going to be able to get a lot of N64 games

Hopefully that Wii harddrive comes out soon, there are too many games I want to play

I probably only want GoldenEye and that WCW/NWO Revenge game at this stage.

All in all, I'm looking to spend just over $400 for the Wii, Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy, a few N64 games and some extra controllers / nunchuks (via E-Bay).

Pretty good overall package I think.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 10:22 AM)
I probably only want GoldenEye and that WCW/NWO Revenge game at this stage.

All in all, I'm looking to spend just over $400 for the Wii, Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy, a few N64 games and some extra controllers / nunchuks (via E-Bay).

Pretty good overall package I think.

Keep in mind that a lot of the games that you would want aren't on VC (Virtual Console - where you buy it online). i don't believe Goldeneye is - most third party games aren't because the third party wants a large share of the profits.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 11:59 AM)
Keep in mind that a lot of the games that you would want aren't on VC (Virtual Console - where you buy it online). i don't believe Goldeneye is - most third party games aren't because the third party wants a large share of the profits.

Oh that sucks. I'll see what's on there anyways, thanks for the heads up.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 11:42 AM)
I found my Twisted Metal Playstation 1 game sitting around the other day and popped it into the PS3. Wow the graphics look terrible, but the game was still fun. :headbang

Twisted Metal is an awesome, awesome game. So much fun

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)
I saw a preview for that movie Death Race or whatever with Jason Statham and was positive that it was a Twisted Metal movie at first glance.

Ha, I did the same thing. I could have sworn those were Spectre, Darkside and Mr. Grimm in the previews.

Nintendo had their big event today. New DS announced for those interested. Looks pretty cool.

It has two touch screens, SD card compatible for music and such, has two cameras, and supports it's own version of WiiWare. 2009 for $180.

They announced a new "GCN remakes for Wii" line, starting with Pikmin and Donkey Kong.

Punch-Out!! Wii was shown.

Sin and Punishment 2 announced for Wii

Here is a complete Wii Recap, not my words, but it looks complete:

Wii Music

Animal Crossing

Tap Game/Cheer Game?

Street Fighter

Photos or something?

Samba De Awesome

Pop Game or something?

Cooking Mama

Battling Giant Monster Game?

Guitar Hero Aerosmith

Joysound Wii

Flight Game? Shows flying under the Arc de Triumph (paris). Plane combat.

Dancing Game

We Snowboard Again

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

WarioWare II???!!!

Woman Ninja Game? Could be Red Steel 2?

Harvest Moon

PUNCH OUT!!!!

Wii Sports Resort

Watching Videos?

Trace Memory Wii

Wii Play 2 (target practice shown)?

Spacewalking thing?

Sidescrolling blobby thing. Looks sharp!

Woman fighting giant monsters. Looks on rails.

2.5d magic casting game thing

Running. Shooting. Giant Turtles!

Beautiful Ocean 2

Trivia Game or something

2.5d game with a robot or something

3d fighting game or somethign. swords! Castlevania?

FPS game fighting of kohler heads. or something.

FFCC (DS)

Sonic

Fragile (looks great!)

Muramasa (holy s***)

By the way this was only a Japanese event. The American event is tomorrow. Should be focused on the American games such as Mad World and Halo killer The Conduit.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

Ok im in the market for an xbox 360, right now im just buying a 19" LCD hd tv for about 180$ (haha perfect size for my room/arangement).

i would really like to spend less then $100 on an xbox 360, simply because it will not be used very much. All im looking to do with it is for a dvd every now and then, and to play some games here and there. Dont really need to print s*** or webcam myself, or f***ing go wild with music on it. Xbox live will be a need tho, to play some halo from time to time.

Im gonna do some research, but i think others here might have a better knowledge on the cheapest xbox's available.

So whatsup? :)

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 06:55 PM)
Kap...for pure gaming purposes, Xbox > PS3. I don't give a crap what the fanboys want to say about how the PS3 has more capabilities, the Xbox has better games, a better online mode, better controllers, etc.

The PS3 on the other hand is the better system if you aren't going to play many games. That is because it can double as a total entertainment system (since it has blu-ray).

That's all debatable. Especially so since the 360 got a year headstart on the PS3. When I look at the two game line-up's, I gravitate towards the PS3 having the better game market. I had a 360 early on to see what the hype was about, but out of their big titles, Bioshock was the only game I truly enjoyed--and that game will be out on the PS3 in a few weeks, with added content, to boot. I didn't think Halo 3 was anything special, just a generic shooter that I can find anywhere. I also believe that game single-handedly ruined online lobbies for the FPS genre.

The 360 is better online for only 1 reason: dedicated servers. But they come at a cost. With Home coming out for PS3, you'll get a totally different experience that'll give any online platform a serious run.

You're smoking crack on the controllers. (I love buying batteries!) PS3 controllers have been the highest rated console controllers since the original PS.

Plus, there isn't much room for improvement for the 360. What you buy at this point is what you get. There's a reason Hideo Kojima can't port Metal Gear Solid 4 over to the 360. The PS3 is supposedly an investment. And with the rumors of a PSP phone and it's supposed cababilities, there's really no denying that.

If you ask me, and you're a serious console gamer, you're and idiot if you buy a 360. I mean no offense to the idiots who bought one.

That's all debatable. Especially so since the 360 got a year headstart on the PS3. When I look at the two game line-up's, I gravitate towards the PS3 having the better game market. I had a 360 early on to see what the hype was about, but out of their big titles, Bioshock was the only game I truly enjoyed--and that game will be out on the PS3 in a few weeks, with added content, to boot. I didn't think Halo 3 was anything special, just a generic shooter that I can find anywhere. I also believe that game single-handedly ruined online lobbies for the FPS genre.

The 360 is better online for only 1 reason: dedicated servers. But they come at a cost. With Home coming out for PS3, you'll get a totally different experience that'll give any online platform a serious run.

You're smoking crack on the controllers. (I love buying batteries!) PS3 controllers have been the highest rated console controllers since the original PS.

Plus, there isn't much room for improvement for the 360. What you buy at this point is what you get. There's a reason Hideo Kojima can't port Metal Gear Solid 4 over to the 360. The PS3 is supposedly an investment. And with the rumors of a PSP phone and it's supposed cababilities, there's really no denying that.

If you ask me, and you're a serious console gamer, you're and idiot if you buy a 360. I mean no offense to the idiots who bought one.

an idiot man!!!?? thats a ill comment.

xbox 360 > ps3 in games easy.. right now and probably forever. PS3 controls are better yeah, but its not like i care much for the controller unless it ruins the gameplay, which xbox controllers dont.

i see your point on ps3 being an investment, but i dont buy a gaming console for anyother reason then to play games. Halo 3 is a generic fps, but what makes it amazing is you go on and their is millions of people and tons of diff gameplays etc. We all can agree that halo 1 trumps it in gameplay, and halo 3 was probably pussified and lamed just to get random people to buy it like crazy.

Xbox brakes more then ps3 aswell, but once again, these consoles that are coming out as friggen computers are no need!! I dont need all these extra things, on a pure basis of games id pick 360 everytime!!

Edited by CryptviLL

If I could go back to a year ago, and re-make my decision... I would get a PS3 instead of a 360.

At the time, all I wanted to do was play Halo 3, but man, I'd love to have that Blue Ray player and the ability to play The Show. Plus, I believe the PS3 looks better on HD tvs.