Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 02:31 PM)
Well, this year's game has a full tutorial. Yeah, there's a learning curve because it's not just turbo dunk, but it's pretty amazing. The game actually plays at a faster pace (the pace I adjusted 2k8 to)... They finally adjusted so the players play like they should. Not just a bunch of players who take shots when they get a chance... the ball actually cycles through the point guard or main ball handlers, and the stars of the teams are the ones that kick your ass. It's real.

D-Rose is awesome, by the way... they made him look so real. Now if only the Bulls had someone who could finish at the rim.

Seriously, it's the best sports game I've ever played.

You might enjoy this

http://www.themessenjah.net/nba2k/

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 22, 2008 -> 04:20 PM)
Can anyone do me a solid and link me to where i can get Favre's updated stats for Madden 09?

You can probably just figure it out yourself. Slide down arm strength, mobility, etc... or you can just download the online roster. Try to put him right around 86-88.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 22, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)
You can probably just figure it out yourself. Slide down arm strength, mobility, etc... or you can just download the online roster. Try to put him right around 86-88.

Nah, i mean he actually isn't in my game. I have the Ps2 version. That being said i might be able to do what you said by working off last years version.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 12:19 PM)
NBA 2k9 is f***ing amazing.

Yes it is. I played it at a friends house the other day.

Unfortunately for me I refuse to ever buy anything related to the NBA until Seattle gets a team again. Plus, with no team left to follow I wouldnt know who to be in a franchise. I kinda wanna get it cuz it is good, but i'm just not going to. So much better than 2k8, and its not even like 2k8 was bad

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
Socom anyone? Aside from the server issues, I like the game a hell of a lot.

YES!

I just bought it and love it. I remember playing Socom 1 and 2 for hours so many nights. Socom 3 i thought sucked, as did CA. This game is similar to socom 2. I was actually pretty awesome at 1 and 2 when i played all the time but now i suck and its so frustrating! haha. I just gotta learn these new maps. Initial impressions of the game are great however

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 12:17 PM)
YES!

I just bought it and love it. I remember playing Socom 1 and 2 for hours so many nights. Socom 3 i thought sucked, as did CA. This game is similar to socom 2. I was actually pretty awesome at 1 and 2 when i played all the time but now i suck and its so frustrating! haha. I just gotta learn these new maps. Initial impressions of the game are great however

The only major problem I have heard about it so far is the server/lag issues. However, hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Gamespot gave it a 6.5, but the only negatives they gave were the server/lag issues, but those a very fixable issues that should/hopefully will be corrected in the next couple of weeks, tops. However, I think gamespot and most game review places are in the tank for the 360.

I need some money so I can get this game.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 23, 2008 -> 11:17 AM)
YES!

Since it's such a team based game, if you're looking for a clan PM me, I'll have the leader invite you.

Fallout 3 is pretty badass. I'm still getting used to a few things but I enjoy that they didn't hold back on language and gore in the slightest. I guess right now the only thing that bothers me is that once you go into a city, it can be rather difficult to get out. I wandered into Georgetown last night and spent a good 3 or 4 hours trying to figure out how to get out.

Also picked up Little Big Planet. It's alright, don't think it deserves the hype it gets. The pre-made levels aren't very challenging and while the level making tool is awesome (and complex), I don't think many people will put in the time to make anything truly amazing. The only thing I hope for is that they "feature" user made levels that everyone can download and play.

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 1, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
Fallout 3 was awesome. Just finished it, will probably start back up with another character in a few days or so.

Very, very enjoyable after having played the others so much back in the day.

I've been playing around with the sidequests before I go into the main quest. Pretty fun game, love the gore.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Nov 2, 2008 -> 01:25 PM)
I've been playing around with the sidequests before I go into the main quest. Pretty fun game, love the gore.

I did most of the sidequests to start, but then I decided I was just going to finish the main quest line and start another character once I finished. It's such an enjoyable game that I don't mind playing it a few times, although the second time through I don't plan on doing anything related to the main quest besides possibly the first few parts of it.

One of the golden touches that Fallout 3 had as opposed to 1 and 2 is that bloody mess is now a worthwhile perk. Before it just added the gore, but the addition of 5% extra damage makes it totally worth the investment.

Edited by Felix