Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 6, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)
The true arcade, where your mind was blown that a game could look that good... those are dead. Kid's these days have no idea what they missed.

Agreed, I have no clue where to find an arcade these days actually.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 6, 2009 -> 04:21 PM)
Dave and Busters has arcade games. They also have like carnival games and what not. Plus booze.

It's been a few years but the only arcade games I remember them having are racing type games (wave runners, motorcycles, etc). I thought most of them were lame.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 6, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)
The true arcade, where your mind was blown that a game could look that good... those are dead. Kid's these days have no idea what they missed.

oh man, when that ninja turtles arcade game first came out it was tops

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jan 10, 2009 -> 09:25 PM)
Not much of a hockey guy, but thinking about getting NHL 09. Being a guy who's kind of a neanderthal when it comes to hockey, would it be worth it for me (I want to learn!)?

I got it about three weeks ago. I think as a hockey game, its awesome. I mean everything is so realistic and it's a generally fun game. However, beyond the game playing, there is not much else to offer IMO. The Be-a-Pro mode is fun for awhile but gets kinda boring. You can work you're way up to your NHL team's first line pretty quickly, so that lost my interest somewhat. The dynasty mode is deep, but hockey isn't built as much for dynasties in my opinion as the other sports. It's not that expensive of a game anymore and definitely fun to play, so I would recommend it, but if you looking for an NCAA 09 type game, that it is not, in that the dynasty mode in NCAA enthralls me.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 10, 2009 -> 09:31 PM)
I got it about three weeks ago. I think as a hockey game, its awesome. I mean everything is so realistic and it's a generally fun game. However, beyond the game playing, there is not much else to offer IMO. The Be-a-Pro mode is fun for awhile but gets kinda boring. You can work you're way up to your NHL team's first line pretty quickly, so that lost my interest somewhat. The dynasty mode is deep, but hockey is just as much for dynasties in my opinion as the other sports. It's not that expensive of a game anymore and definitely fun to play, so I would recommend it, but if you looking for an NCAA 09 type game, that it is not, in that the dynasty mode enthralls you.

I played the demo, and had fun, but had little to no idea what I was doing. I'm basically looking for a sports game to hold me over until MLB the show 2009.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jan 10, 2009 -> 09:33 PM)
I played the demo, and had fun, but had little to no idea what I was doing. I'm basically looking for a sports game to hold me over until MLB the show 2009.

If you enjoy hockey it will, but as you said you are much of a hockey guy, so that could be questionable. But if you enjoyed the demo, then you will probably enjoy having the game. One thing I did that is kinda fun, create yourself in a dynasty mode and put him on the Hawks (or other favorite team) and play with him. For me this made it a tad more fun.

Game of the Year 2008

1. Fallout 3, PC

2. Little Big Planet, PS3

3. Resistance 2, PS3

4. Mario Kart Wii

Still have to get to: Left 4 Dead. Sure that would crack the top 3

Looking forward to:

1. Killzone 2, PS3

2. Resident Evil 5

3. The conduit, Wii

4. Madworld, Wii

5. Infamous, PS3

6. The Agnecy, PS3

7. DC Universe, PS3

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 11, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
Game of the Year 2008

1. Fallout 3, PC

2. Little Big Planet, PS3

3. Resistance 2, PS3

4. Mario Kart Wii

Still have to get to: Left 4 Dead. Sure that would crack the top 3

Looking forward to:

1. Killzone 2, PS3

2. Resident Evil 5

3. The conduit, Wii

4. Madworld, Wii

5. Infamous, PS3

6. The Agnecy, PS3

7. DC Universe, PS3

I think I may be addicted to Fallout 3 :(

Has anyone tried to hack their Wii? I guess you can bust into it with a glitch in the Zelda game and then put any game on it (such as the above arcade games, or any emulators, s*** like that)

Just curious if it messes with your system in a bad way.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 09:06 AM)
Has anyone tried to hack their Wii? I guess you can bust into it with a glitch in the Zelda game and then put any game on it (such as the above arcade games, or any emulators, s*** like that)

Just curious if it messes with your system in a bad way.

My neighbor did it, he said its no big deal

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for PS3 and Xbox 360

This compilation will feature the best first-party games from SEGA's venerable 16-bit Genesis years as well as feature bonus content from its 8-bit Master System and 1980’s arcade era games library. Developed by Backbone Entertainment, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection contains over 40 classic SEGA games in one package; making it the largest collection of SEGA first party games ever offered.

Featured games include Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2 and 3, Columns, Ecco the Dolphin, Shinobi III, Space Harrier, and fan favorite Streets of Rage. The games in the collection have been reproduced with the utmost detail and accuracy to the original games. In addition, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection can output the games in 720p with higher resolution graphics for HD televisions, bringing a new visual richness to playing these classic titles.

THE LARGEST COLLECTION OF CLASSIC SEGA TITLES - All the favorites are here including Sonic The Hedgehog, four titles from the Phantasy Star series, as well as three titles from the Streets of Rage series, to name a few.

UNLOCKABLE CONTENT - Unlock arcade games and interviews with the original game developers as you earn Achievements on the Xbox 360 and Trophies on the PlayStation 3.

ALL TITLES UPGRADED TO HI-DEF - The classic 2D style never looked so good! Each of the titles has been converted to hi-def (720p)

MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER OPTIONS - Play these classics together with a friend from the same console at home.

OVER 40 GAMES - Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, Alien Storm, Altered Beast, Beyond Oasis, Bonanza Bros, Columns, Comix Zone, Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Dynamite Headdy, Ecco the Dolphin, Ecco II: The Tides of Time, E-SWAT, Fatal Labyrinth, Flicky, Gain Ground, Golden Axe I, Golden Axe II, Golden Axe III, Kid Chameleon, Phantasy Star II, Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom, Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium, Ristar, Shining in the Darkness, Shining Force, Shining Force 2, Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic Spinball, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage 2, Streets of Rage 3, Super Thunder Blade, Vectorman, Vectorman 2

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 03:47 PM)
Right I've decided to trade my Wii in for $$$ since I don't play it that often anymore, and I'm not likely to take it home.

How much would I get for it at Gamespot?

I never traded my games into Gamestop (i think that's what you meant, correct me if i'm wrong) because the trade-in values were so low. Maybe you should first try to sell it on eBay; I believe people are still willing to pay over retail price on the Wii. Or you can try Craigslist, too.

Edited by smalls2598

If there's anyone in the Chicago area who doesn't want their Wii anymore and would rather have an Xbox 360 I'm willing to trade you. I have mostly old sports games(Madden 08, MLB 2K7 and 2K6, NBA Live 08), COD2 and an extra wireless controller, and a guitar hero controller(but no game) and a 20 GB hard drive I am going to warn you guys that I am currently waiting for it to return from a RROD repair from Microsoft. We could meet and make sure each other's system works. If anyone's interested please PM me. Thanks.

Edited by Elgin Slim

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 11:16 AM)
I'm looking to upgrade my Harddrive for Xbox, I currently have a 20gb. Should I go to 60gb or 120gb? I just wonder if I will ever use 120gb.

I'm thinking of doing that too. I just don't like the obvious price gouging. But I figure I will eventually fill it up as I install certain games on my hard drive.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 10:47 AM)
I'm thinking of doing that too. I just don't like the obvious price gouging. But I figure I will eventually fill it up as I install certain games on my hard drive.

The 120 is pricey. They sell some refurbished ones on ebay for a little bit cheaper.

I picked up a data migration kit to tranfer from one hdd to another.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 03:47 PM)
Right I've decided to trade my Wii in for $$ since I don't play it that often anymore, and I'm not likely to take it home.

How much would I get for it at Gamespot?

I always got pretty good value from people off of Craigslist.

......Randomization

The game will also have a unique feature similar to Diablo's random level generation system. This new system will generate more than 500,000 different guns as well as at least 500,000 different item and armor variations, according to the preview of the game in Game Informer magazine,

"We saw a ridiculous amount of guns, but perhaps the strangest was a revolver that fired shotgun shells. Gearbox is constantly surprised with what the system comes up with. They've seen rifles shoot everything from homing darts to rockets. 'One of the guns tracks onto something and locks, and after three seconds, [the target] suddenly explodes,' director Matthew Armstrong says."

According to a more recent interview by 1up.com with CEO and president of Gearbox Software, Randy Pitchford, the game's astounding arsenal will feature over 600,000 weapons. An addition of 100,000 new weapons came from the inclusion of alien technology.[4]

The features of the maps will also be randomly generated. While towns, and the general paths connecting them will remain the same, Borderlands features a system that randomly instances the surrounding landscape, with randomly placed things such as bunkers, towers, caves, enemies, and exploding cacti. All of this is done without a loading screen. Gearbox plans that the player will not see a loading screen after they boot up the game.

Borderlands

demo gameplay

very interesting game....Action RPG 2 player vs....or 4 player co-op online.