Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ May 31, 2009 -> 06:19 PM)
He can't, he's busy playing MLB 2k9

Dont have MLB2k9

Also do not care for twitter, but since this is the video game forum and he obviously was posting info on it, just requesting he add the XBOX stuff as well. Which he did now, preciate it

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 30, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)
I bought it yesterday for my belated b-day present. It is just as awesome as you remember it.

But damn does my arm/shoulder hurt right now

edit: Nintendo is making me remember all of the character tendencies that used to drive me insane when I was a kid, aka Bald Bull with his charge attack(gotta time the stomach punch), and right now Super Macho Man is driving me nuts, he throws two short jabs when he is in trouble and it always throws me off his pattern.

I'll have to pick it up today. I looooved Punch-Out.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 01:46 PM)
I'll have to pick it up today. I looooved Punch-Out.

I just said screw it and started using the classic controls. Its just too much to fight all of those guys with the nunchuk attached to the wiimote(i feel like I am about to rip the cord out), until I have a wireless nunchuk im sticking with the classic controls.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
Crackdown 2

Alan Wake

Final Fantasy

Metal Gear Solid R

Left 4 Dead 2

Forza 3

Halo ODST

Halo Reach

Facebook 360

Rock Band Beatles

Motion Control camera

And that is Microsoft's conference.

If I was an Xbox guy I'd be disappointed.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 01:59 PM)
Crackdown 2

Alan Wake

Final Fantasy

Metal Gear Solid R

Left 4 Dead 2

Forza 3

Halo ODST

Halo Reach

Facebook 360

Rock Band Beatles

Motion Control camera

And that is Microsoft's conference.

Halo ODST and Reach look awesome. Left 4 Dead 2 should be fun.

I also like the teaming up with Last.FM

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)
That's Milo "game" absolutely terrifies me, this is how it all begins right? When the computers take over the world?

I want no part of that s***.

Hell yeah. I don't want my TV knowing i'm in the room and what i'm up to. Next thing you know its getting mad at you and we all know where that leads.

Wii:

New Super Mario Bros 4 player

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Metroid Other M (3rd person from Team Ninja)

Wii Sports Resort (Looks cool, basketball is in it)

Lots of Motion+ Focus

Vitality Sensor

Dead Space Extraction

Resident Evil Something or other

The Conduit looks great

No More Heroes 2

TMNT:Smash-up

Rabbids

And Red Steel 2 looks like game of the year

Crackdown 2, Alan Wake, Left 4 Dead 2, and Splinter Cell Conviction all look pretty great to me. Can't wait for those. Wish Sony had some actual game play from Agent, the rockstar game, as that's the only game in their line up that I'll be pre-ordering right away. The Last Guardian looked beautiful but the controls/camera in SOTC put me off so I'll wait and see on that one. Uncharted 2 makes me want to cry, huge draw distances and great graphics with linear game play. :(

AC2's double face stab has been the highlight of the show for me so far.

Also, no thanks on all of this motion control nonsense. Works great for any game that's completely on rail but once you involve anything more complex than manipulating objects/shooting at stuff while standing it place I imagine the fun would end pretty quickly. If they had something like natal/the eyetoy ++ working for something like AC2 conveniently I could see using it but it looks like an extension for the minigame market. f*** that. Although the face/voice recognition on natal could have some interesting uses, probably none that we'll see this generation.

Edited by Nixon

I liked Nintendo's presser but it was all pretty equal this year. Except Microsoft gets negative points for the terrible Project Natel and sequelsequelssequelsequelssequelsequelssequelsequelssequelsequelssequelsequels. Though the latter can apply to all three of them, I thought Ninty and Sony were just original enough.

Nintendo has another conference for later tonight so maybe there is still more to come on their part.

Metroid: Other M looks awesome. I cant wait until I can see the trailer and not just screenshots, but from what I read on IGN, i am going to love that game

Super mario galaxy 2 will have Yoshi as a character, hopefully the game will be able to step away from Bowser for a minute and introduce some sort of alternate bad guy.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 12:55 PM)
Wii:

New Super Mario Bros 4 player

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Metroid Other M (3rd person from Team Ninja)

Wii Sports Resort (Looks cool, basketball is in it)

Lots of Motion+ Focus

Vitality Sensor

Dead Space Extraction

Resident Evil Something or other

The Conduit looks great

No More Heroes 2

TMNT:Smash-up

Rabbids

And Red Steel 2 looks like game of the year

Red Steal 1 sucked. Conduit and Dead Space are the games that looked good from here.

Sony really pwned it IMO. If only the PSP Go! didn't leak before E3, it would have been even better.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 02:08 PM)
Why? Too much Halo for my taste but that looks pretty bad ass.

I don't play Halo but Left 4 Dead 2 is enough for me, that game is awesome and I think the second one should be even better.

I don't play Halo but Left 4 Dead 2 is enough for me, that game is awesome and I think the second one should be even better.

I like Halo, but more of a Gears of War (x2) fan. Left 4 Dead (well the series as I'm sure they'll be another sequel after that) will be insane.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 07:48 PM)
Red Steal 1 sucked. Conduit and Dead Space are the games that looked good from here.

Sony really pwned it IMO. If only the PSP Go! didn't leak before E3, it would have been even better.

PSP Go lol.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 04:17 PM)
I liked Nintendo's presser but it was all pretty equal this year. Except Microsoft gets negative points for the terrible Project Natel and sequelsequelssequelsequelssequelsequelssequelsequelssequelsequelssequelsequels. Though the latter can apply to all three of them, I thought Ninty and Sony were just original enough.

Nintendo has another conference for later tonight so maybe there is still more to come on their part.

Did you see anything regarding this? I checked gamespot and all they have is the first press conference breakdown

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:17 AM)
I guess because nothing jumped out at me is all.

Crackdown 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 immediately did. I remember falling for the Halo 3 hype like a dumbass, and going out to get the game b/c of the Halo 3 demo. Then I realized the game was actually mad fun, Halo 3 came out a few months later, and I found out Crackdown was actually > Halo 3.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 11:56 PM)

I know it's not on the list, but I'm psyched for Mass Effect 2.