Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 01:34 PM)
http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/11/12/cnet.xb....ban/index.html

can't you just change your gamer tag?

No because banning your xbox has nothing to do with banning a gamer tag.. Yeah you can create a new gamer tag, but it will need to be on a brand new xbox.

So if your brother has a gamer tag, he wouldn't be able to play online anymore either because the actual box itself has been banned from the xbox live service..

Basically, if you get banned and ever want to play on xbox live again, you need to buy a new xbox.

Just bought an Xbox 360, yes I am late to the game but I have always relied on my brother to buy all the video game stuff but Ive missed it too much now. Modern Warfare 2 is the first game I bought for it. Cant wait to get it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 11:21 AM)
Got Assassin's Creed II yesterday. I'll let you guys know how it is, as I should have plenty of time to play it the next few days (I had hernia surgery yesterday, ha).

If you played AC I you'll find it starts off painfully slow. I understand they need the "tutorial" (b/c that's essentially what it is) for people who didn't play the first one, but most of it is somewhat annoying if you're already familiar with a lot of the aspects of the game. Graphics are beautiful. I've only played about 2 hours so far so I'm not really into yet nor have I been able to do much yet. Seems like there's much more to do though.

Picked up the New Super Mario Bros. Wii yesterday. Very fun game, breezed through the first world but there was a nice step up in difficulty to the 2nd, I'm anxious to get back to it today. In my mind there's nothing better than a side scrolling Mario game.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 12:00 PM)
Picked up the New Super Mario Bros. Wii yesterday. Very fun game, breezed through the first world but there was a nice step up in difficulty to the 2nd, I'm anxious to get back to it today. In my mind there's nothing better than a side scrolling Mario game.

I am so glad to hear this game is fun. It looks like a blast, it is coming to our Wii this christmas

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 09:57 AM)
if anyone picks up NCAA Basketball '10 for PS3 write up a review please. I played the demo and actually really enjoyed it but i'm hesitant to go out and buy it since the '09 game was f***ing terrible.

Buy college hoops 2k8 for like $7. People are still doing updated rosters on 2kShare.

L4D2 >> MW2

I haven't played MW2, but given that it's likely the same thing as every other COD game, I feel confident in saying this. I picked up L4D2 today and it's fantastic. They beefed up the gore with the addition of melee weapons, and it's a much more difficult game with new types of zombies, instances and weapons. It's really, really, really awesome. Go buy it, you can thank me later.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 19, 2009 -> 10:08 AM)
So anyway.

Modern Warfare 2 was a fun single player campaign, albeit incredibly short. The final scene was a blast.

The online certainly is nothing special, and this game was way overhyped.

Are you kidding me? The online play is absolutely amazing I've never been more addicted to something in my life it's so much fun. It makes CoD4 look like a child's game. The Campaign was short and great, and special ops is hours of fun with another person. Definitely not over hyped.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 03:21 AM)
Are you kidding me? The online play is absolutely amazing I've never been more addicted to something in my life it's so much fun. It makes CoD4 look like a child's game. The Campaign was short and great, and special ops is hours of fun with another person. Definitely not over hyped.

The MW2 online is tons of fun. The only problem is that you have to deal with really annoying people sometimes. It hasn't been to bad.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 03:21 AM)

Yikes.

Halo 2 online multiplayer was better.

Gamestop is gonna have black friday deals.

Hardware

Xbox 360 Elite Holiday Bundle – Includes games Pure, Lego Batman, and the choice of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare or Spider-Man: Web of Shadows for $299.

PlayStation 3 120GB Holiday Bundle – Includes LittleBigPlanet (Game of the Year Edition) and the God of War Collection for $299.

Pre-Owned PSPs for $79.99.

4GB PSP Memory Stick Pro Duo for $19.99.

Energizer Xbox 360, PS3, or 2X Wii Controller Chargers for $19.99.

Pre-Owned DS Lites for $59.99.

Games

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360) for $39.99.

Left 4 Dead 2 (Xbox 360) for $39.99.

Forza 3 (Xbox 360) for $39.99.

God of War Collection (PS3) for $39.99.

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (PS3) for $29.99.

Wii Sports Resort with an extra Wii MotionPlus for $49.99.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 01:51 PM)
Gamestop is gonna have black friday deals.

Hardware

Xbox 360 Elite Holiday Bundle – Includes games Pure, Lego Batman, and the choice of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare or Spider-Man: Web of Shadows for $299.

PlayStation 3 120GB Holiday Bundle – Includes LittleBigPlanet (Game of the Year Edition) and the God of War Collection for $299.

Pre-Owned PSPs for $79.99.

4GB PSP Memory Stick Pro Duo for $19.99.

Energizer Xbox 360, PS3, or 2X Wii Controller Chargers for $19.99.

Pre-Owned DS Lites for $59.99.

Games

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360) for $39.99.

Left 4 Dead 2 (Xbox 360) for $39.99.

Forza 3 (Xbox 360) for $39.99.

God of War Collection (PS3) for $39.99.

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (PS3) for $29.99.

Wii Sports Resort with an extra Wii MotionPlus for $49.99.

Am I missing something? Aren't these the standard prices? I believe they're sold for less everyday at Amazon with free shipping.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)
Am I missing something? Aren't these the standard prices? I believe they're sold for less everyday at Amazon with free shipping.

gamestop is so messed up. The counter guy couldnt tell me what games were eligable for trade in for the new SMB Wii 3 weeks ago.

Their employees suck too. I dont need some kid acting like he is too good to shoot the s*** about a system becuase he works at a f***ing gamestop.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
Full Black Friday Video game details: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240530

Yeah, and Gamestop is awful. Don't know why anyone would buy there.

used games and console stuff(wiimotes, etc) is really one of the only reason I go there

Come on Steve, over hyped?

When I got on XBOX live yesterday afternoon there were 860,000 people playing.. and that's JUST xbox

Just for examples sake, the most people I EVER saw playing COD World at War was like 75,000 and that was when map packs were released..