Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 01:44 PM)
Come on Steve, over hyped?

Uh, yeah. Just because every nerd with an internet connection wants to get online and PWN in the hottest new game doesn't mean it's not overhyped.

MW2 online multiplayer brings nothing new to the arena.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 12:43 PM)

HaHa blowing people up from an AC130, or being a chopper gunner isn't new enough for you?

There's no way the game was over hyped, its sold nicely and plays amazing and other then from you I've heard nothing but positive things from everyone.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 12:43 PM)
Uh, yeah. Just because every nerd with an internet connection wants to get online and PWN in the hottest new game doesn't mean it's not overhyped.

I still fail to see how its over hyped with over 4 million PRE orders and then millions playing online everyday..

There is literally nothing that is overhyped about this game.. literally

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 03:20 AM)
I still fail to see how its over hyped with over 4 million PRE orders and then millions playing online everyday..

Your right, popularity determines quality, that's why Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was the best movie in the world this year.

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 09:20 AM)

Preorders are, basically by definition, determined by hype.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 08:21 AM)
Preorders are, basically by definition, determined by hype.

Not this one..

Its not like this was a brand new series or something.. it was the sequel to Modern Warfare, made by the same people.. EVERYONE who pre ordered, got it early, got it illegally etc. knew what was coming.

They spent time watching the trailers, the people playing on Justin.TV and all other forms..

The only people who aren't in love with this game are people who have no time to thoroughly enjoy it.. and yes Steve we ALL know you are married and were nerds, cool bro..

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 08:41 AM)
Of those that played MW2, has anyone beaten the extra museum level? It's insanely difficult.

Wow I thought it was just a stupid thing you could walk around in, until this made me google it and find out about the button.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 12:28 AM)
Wow I thought it was just a stupid thing you could walk around in, until this made me google it and find out about the button.

One side is a lot easier than the other..

but as far as I know you dont get anything for doing it..

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 01:55 AM)
One side is a lot easier than the other..

but as far as I know you dont get anything for doing it..

Ya I played around with it a bit, the side you start on is easier I think. I just grabbed some guns and then pressed either button and ran and hide behind the tank in the vehicle room. Grenades always get me.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 02:55 AM)
Ya I played around with it a bit, the side you start on is easier I think. I just grabbed some guns and then pressed either button and ran and hide behind the tank in the vehicle room. Grenades always get me.

I assume you get an achievement for it, that's why I keep trying. Twice I've beaten the "easy" side (where you start), but then I start the other side and die from that huge dude in the armor (who I don't remember from the game). I'm too lazy to google it, but I also thought there was another airplane style level you can unlock.

It's an insane time to be a gamer, which more than makes up for the awful summer. Dragon Age, MW2, L4D2, GTA Ballad of Gay Tony, Uncharted 2, God of War pack, and the new Mario. I just don't have the time to play them all, though each has been fantastic (except GTA - the formula is old and boring and I think that could be one of the last GTA games I'll pick up unless they change the structure of the game).

the difficulty level on Super Mario Bros Wii really jumps up. I tried to play multiplayer with my wife and kid for fun but they just cannot keep up.

lol, I had to teach my wife "nintendo thumb" so she could run and jump at the same time

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 09:22 AM)
the difficulty level on Super Mario Bros Wii really jumps up. I tried to play multiplayer with my wife and kid for fun but they just cannot keep up.

lol, I had to teach my wife "nintendo thumb" so she could run and jump at the same time

I have heard from several different sources that the difficulty level is actually a little disappointing. You keep anticipating it to get tougher and tougher, and it really never peaks all too high. Then again the harder the better, that's how i like them. Games today i feel are made to be beaten 1-2-3, while they used to be made to beat you down, and make you wanna break s***. I feel very few games are worth my time, and none are worth a purchase, just to be beaten in a couple hours. I love a good challenge such a 6-2 in the original ninja gaiden on nes, that game is very mean. If you died on any of the boss stages, 6-4, 6-5, 7-1 all the way back to 6-1. It is not out of the ordinary for people to play 6-2 20+, 50+, hell 100+ times until beaten. They just don't make games like that anymore. Graphics has ruined what makes a video game a video game, as far as i am concerned.

Btw, i would love to play the new super mario bros, as i am a large fan of side scrollers.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
I have heard from several different sources that the difficulty level is actually a little disappointing. You keep anticipating it to get tougher and tougher, and it really never peaks all too high. Then again the harder the better, that's how i like them. Games today i feel are made to be beaten 1-2-3, while they used to be made to beat you down, and make you wanna break s***. I feel very few games are worth my time, and none are worth a purchase, just to be beaten in a couple hours. I love a good challenge such a 6-2 in the original ninja gaiden on nes, that game is very mean. If you died on any of the boss stages, 6-4, 6-5, 7-1 all the way back to 6-1. It is not out of the ordinary for people to play 6-2 20+, 50+, hell 100+ times until beaten. They just don't make games like that anymore. Graphics has ruined what makes a video game a video game, as far as i am concerned.

Btw, i would love to play the new super mario bros, as i am a large fan of side scrollers.

It is a pretty fun game, it seems like there are a lot of little side quests that i havent gotten to yet. Im not a hardcore gamer, but I am a little more than a casual gamer so it is right up my alley.

It is a good hybrid of Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros 3. But really, the multiplayer is not meant for a family to play at the same time unless they are decent at the game. I think I almost heard my daughter swear for the first time playing. It isnt too tough for me, but she falls behind.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 09:18 AM)
I assume you get an achievement for it, that's why I keep trying. Twice I've beaten the "easy" side (where you start), but then I start the other side and die from that huge dude in the armor (who I don't remember from the game). I'm too lazy to google it, but I also thought there was another airplane style level you can unlock.

It's an insane time to be a gamer, which more than makes up for the awful summer. Dragon Age, MW2, L4D2, GTA Ballad of Gay Tony, Uncharted 2, God of War pack, and the new Mario. I just don't have the time to play them all, though each has been fantastic (except GTA - the formula is old and boring and I think that could be one of the last GTA games I'll pick up unless they change the structure of the game).

Theres no achievement for doing it, the list of achievements has nothing about it on there.. like i said, im pretty sure you dont get anything for it as I have beaten one side and all it did was make an airstrike noise and reset..

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 09:18 AM)

He's a juggernaut from special ops mode.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 25, 2009 -> 05:32 AM)
Assassins Creed 2. That's all I need to say.

I've just about beaten it. The only thing is that I only have about 20 of the 100 feathers for that collection. I'm sort of curious as to what happens when I collect them all, so I may have to use an internet print-out to find them all.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 25, 2009 -> 09:19 AM)
I've just about beaten it. The only thing is that I only have about 20 of the 100 feathers for that collection. I'm sort of curious as to what happens when I collect them all, so I may have to use an internet print-out to find them all.

Most likely, you'll get a trophy.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 02:47 AM)
Most likely, you'll get a trophy.

No trophy haha, but nothing to make it worth it anyway. For reaching 50 feathers, you get a pretty cool war hammer. For getting all 100, you get a cape that raises your notoriety level for some reason.

I just wanted to beat the game fully, and I did.

Edited by Milkman delivers