Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

Easy allow for much more flexibility in play calling and play design.

For example, instead of having to swap a de or lb during play calling, I could create my own formations, whether it be a 5 lb set with no DE's, etc.

Its always been frustrating that your locked into maddens play calling and formations. Or that some formations arent available in all playbooks etc.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
Easy allow for much more flexibility in play calling and play design.

For example, instead of having to swap a de or lb during play calling, I could create my own formations, whether it be a 5 lb set with no DE's, etc.

Its always been frustrating that your locked into maddens play calling and formations. Or that some formations arent available in all playbooks etc.

That's true, one thing I have wanted is to create an entire playbook of my own. The gameplay is sweet already, though.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
pssh. they need to f*** with Madden a lot. That game hasn't been good in 10 years. Retread, retread, retread. They need a new physics engine badly.

Then it's obvious that you haven't played a Madden game in 10 years....

That or one of the people who swear that NFL 2k5 was the end all be all for football games.

Edited by MHizzle85

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 04:37 PM)
That's true, one thing I have wanted is to create an entire playbook of my own. The gameplay is sweet already, though.

I had a game for my PC, i dont remember what it was called. I think it had Legends in there somehwere. It allowed you to not only play today's teams, but you could go back int ime and play with teams of the past with that time's rules. So, i could go back to 1932 and play with 1932 rules. It was really sweet.

The feature I LOVED was that you could create your plays.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 05:33 PM)
pssh. they need to f*** with Madden a lot. That game hasn't been good in 10 years. Retread, retread, retread. They need a new physics engine badly.

+1

I wouldn't say 10 years though, but it has been a while.

I don't get it either. They've made tremendous strides with the physics with NHL and FIFA series, but their most popular brand they just kinda tweak every year with no major upgrades.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 07:12 PM)
on the original XBox, it was retread after retread. On the 360, Madden 10 was vastly different from Madden 09.

I'm talking in-game mechanics. I'm talking tackling, catching, running, etc. 10 years was an exagerration, but it has been a LONG time since they've done anything to change Adding 4-5 tackling animations doesn't count either. In essence all they do is add a feature here or there, update the rosters, and call it a new game. For a franchise that's been around for 25 years, I'd expect some major innovation at least once every few years.

I'm hoping this non-licensed football game that's about to come out (can't remember the name, but just read an article about it on IGN or Gamespot a week ago) will create some competition. Supposedly it's reinventing the mechanics of a football game.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 10:58 AM)
I'm talking in-game mechanics. I'm talking tackling, catching, running, etc. 10 years was an exagerration, but it has been a LONG time since they've done anything to change Adding 4-5 tackling animations doesn't count either. In essence all they do is add a feature here or there, update the rosters, and call it a new game. For a franchise that's been around for 25 years, I'd expect some major innovation at least once every few years.

I'm hoping this non-licensed football game that's about to come out (can't remember the name, but just read an article about it on IGN or Gamespot a week ago) will create some competition. Supposedly it's reinventing the mechanics of a football game.

I think you mean backbreaker, and Madden absolutely need competition. NHL and FIFA are better games because they have to compete with 2K and PES.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 07:47 AM)
I had a game for my PC, i dont remember what it was called. I think it had Legends in there somehwere. It allowed you to not only play today's teams, but you could go back int ime and play with teams of the past with that time's rules. So, i could go back to 1932 and play with 1932 rules. It was really sweet.

The feature I LOVED was that you could create your plays.

I found the name of the game: Legends Football 98

NFL Legends Football '98 is a concept game. It takes the all-time team idea in the Madden series to the next level. You can be a team from a number of "eras". You can choose from either 1932, the 1950's, the 1970's, or from 1998 teams. Teams from all of the times are available. You can choose from the Spartans of the 1930's all the way up to the 1998 New York Giants (yeah baby!). After choosing your team and your era, you play.

The game itself is quite similar to most football games. You go to a screen with the stadium (based on what era you play in), and just play a normal game of football. You can choose from a variety of passing plays, as well as numerous running plays, to try to beat the other team.

QUOTE (Stocking @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 10:17 PM)
Already preordered it through Amazon.

QUOTE (Real @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
anybody have demons souls?

love this game, currently lvl 106

Not yet; been meaning to.

Picked up Modern Warfare 2 the other day on PS3. Finally joined the bandwagon. Working through the single player mode now so I have a good handle on the gameplay mechanics before going online.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 02:41 PM)

If the NBA Jam teams are to my liking, I may finally bite the bullet and get a Wii. This would be purely on childhood memories..

QUOTE (Real @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
anybody have demons souls?

love this game, currently lvl 106

I'm only in the 1-3 area right now (school started right when I started getting into it) but the game is indeed fantastic.

So I pulled out my original Gameboy yesterday cause my nephew wanted to see it and play it and I had forgot that I had NBA Jam for it. I ended up playing it last night for a while. Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant!! Awesome!!

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 05:56 AM)
If the NBA Jam teams are to my liking, I may finally bite the bullet and get a Wii. This would be purely on childhood memories..

Go ahead and get it. You won't regret it. You can download old school games from the Wii store. The new Mario Cart and Mario Bros. are good, even Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort are solid.