Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)
Hated the Dante's Inferno demo. Hack and slash with bleh graphics IMO.

Also played the Heavy Rain demo last night. Not sure it's a game I'd like. Didn't like the control scheme but I only played it for 15 minutes so maybe it's something I'd get used to if I gave it a shot.

I just watched the Heavy Rain review on IGN and it looks terrible.. not graphically or anything, that looks good, but the actual game itself..

Ill have to wait to hear about it from people who play it here, but it definitely didn't look like a game ide enjoy.. it looked very slow paced

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2083162:date=Feb 9, 2010 -> 02:29 PM:name=Reddy)-->
QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 02:29 PM)
<!--quotec-->knifing is kinda my thing... Me and aiming don't get along too well, but my knife skills are superior. Lol

For all of my fellow hated knifers in MW2. Here you go.

The knife throws are amazing. I've been using the running around strategy lately and have been kicking ass. I gotta incorporate that throwing knife into it though.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 13, 2010 -> 10:43 AM)
Just finished the Heavy Rain demo. Control scheme was awkward, but was easy once I got used to it.

I think I'll probably get the game.

I started the demo (hooker interrogation) and then quickly realized I didn't want to play too much of it... I want to savor the experience. It is awesome.

It was weird figuring out the walking, until you realized its just a head turn and move. I liked shoving the door in the broad's face, and being completely non-compassionate about her kid missing.

Heh. This game is definitely going to require many play throughs just to know how different choices change things up.

Edited by Steve9347

For those without a PS3...

What do you think of the MLB 2K10 info and videos that's leaked out?

The game looks very promising this year. New player models, new lighting, new hitting and pitching system, most likely fixes all the bugs in last year's game, and a new mode like RTTS.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 14, 2010 -> 02:30 AM)
For those without a PS3...

What do you think of the MLB 2K10 info and videos that's leaked out?

The game looks very promising this year. New player models, new lighting, new hitting and pitching system, most likely fixes all the bugs in last year's game, and a new mode like RTTS.

If they've truly fixed the game up, I may give it a rental. But I'm not holding my breath.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 11:20 PM)
I'd consider preordering now...but no love for Comiskey?

Hmm, I'm debating which game to get next week, MAG or The Show...

The Show dude, the Show...

MAG is very generic.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
Heavy Rain is fantastic.

Let me reiterate.

I, too, was a little sketchy with how the control scheme would work. However, after about 4 scenes (about 2 hours worth), I can already tell I am going to adore this game, and from all accounts I haven't even scratched the surface of it's greatness. I'm at work, but I can't wait to get home and play this sucker. It's f***ing awesome... and I highly recommend it to any PS3 owner.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 09:51 AM)
Let me reiterate.

I, too, was a little sketchy with how the control scheme would work. However, after about 4 scenes (about 2 hours worth), I can already tell I am going to adore this game, and from all accounts I haven't even scratched the surface of it's greatness. I'm at work, but I can't wait to get home and play this sucker. It's f***ing awesome... and I highly recommend it to any PS3 owner.

Did you play the demo? Cuz I wasnt a fan of it so i'm not yet convinced to go drop $60 on this game. Does the control scheme become more like second nature? To me it was kinda tedious and slow when I played the demo.

I DLed the 2K10 demo and played as the Yankees instead of the Phillies..

I think its safe to say I will not be a millionaire from this game.. my very first pitch was taken out of RF for a HR from Rollins.. I played the 3 innings you were allowed to and gave up 5 hits and 2 runs..

The pitching was pretty tough to jump right into and will most certainly take time to get down, not to master but to get down.. but man, it seemed like the perfect game is gonna be very hard

So I usually keep up with this thread as much as I can, specifically about sports games, but I still have a question.

I don't use the online play, or play a ton of actual games on it, I just love the general manager, franchise type stuff. Is there any reason I should think about getting MLB2k10 this season instead of the Show? I saw that MLB2K10 has compensation picks in the amateur draft now, can't remember if the Show had that last year or this year.