Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 10:49 AM)
2k10 definitely.

Better track record in recent years.

Normally I'd agree, as I've been an NBA 2k backer for like 4 years now.

The game took a step backward this year, and I think Live is actually more fun.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 11:04 AM)
I like Live.

Been a Live fan for a long time myself. But to be fair.. I never had a 2K game other than playing the game with friends at their houses. Would still go with Live though.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 06:08 AM)
Normally I'd agree, as I've been an NBA 2k backer for like 4 years now.

The game took a step backward this year, and I think Live is actually more fun.

Ah ok. I haven't actually played 2K10 yet, still playing 2K9 (and I'm strictly a PC gamer).

I'd say 2K10 has the better graphics and presentation but Live probably has the better gameplay possibly.

I picked up Command and Conquer: The First Decade from Best Buy the other day, its got 12 C&C games on it and im loving it.. I had lost my Red Alert so now I got that back with all the other games from Generals and below.. there was a C&C Renegade that was like a 1st person shooter that was mildly entertaining..

And man, I forgot how easy Red Alert was.. a pack of 10 prism tanks and I destroyed 7 enemy bases like it was nothing..

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 12:53 PM)

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)
Maybe they can award the fattest kid too.

Basically the thought process is, kids are going to play these games, let's educate them (and their parents) on the positives and the negatives. I predicted it would fail for two reasons. Parents will object and reject before even reading the requirements, and the kids will go from excited to "damn, they tricked me again. All they want me to do is play edu-tainment games for 5 minutes a day".

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 05:48 AM)
Ah ok. I haven't actually played 2K10 yet, still playing 2K9 (and I'm strictly a PC gamer).

I'd say 2K10 has the better graphics and presentation but Live probably has the better gameplay possibly.

I bought NBA 2K10, been very happy with it. I did try out both before purchasing and I really just don't like Live still, fast breaks are still annoying and other issues such as blocking etc.

2K10 easily has better graphics and presentation and the game play isn't half bad either, I tweaked some settings for more realism, my player mode is also a nice addition. Dribbling took a while to get used to but it was worth the struggles and is easy once you get the hang of it.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

So I finally finished Heavy Rain. I'd give it a 7/10. Awesome graphics and a decent story. I liked the attempt at a new style of game. There was some great tension build-up in certain scenes that really got my heart racing.

Problem is that game should have been about $25 max, not $60. You basically watch a movie and touch buttons. They kinda made it so that you had options in certain scense, but I dunno how much of them really altered the storyline until the end of the game (clearly allowing certain characters to die is big, but those types of consequences are few and far between). I failed a few times on purpose and found that you just hit different buttons to end at the same place by the end of the scene. And sometimes I felt like certain scenes didn't really connect well. You'd play one character, finish that scene, switch to another character, and suddenly they'd be linked without much explanation as to how that happened (particularly at the end of the game).

Also, the voice acting was pretty awful. Why couldn't they get Americans to do American voices?

Still, something different than the typical game.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
So I finally finished Heavy Rain. I'd give it a 7/10. Awesome graphics and a decent story. I liked the attempt at a new style of game. There was some great tension build-up in certain scenes that really got my heart racing.

Problem is that game should have been about $25 max, not $60. You basically watch a movie and touch buttons. They kinda made it so that you had options in certain scense, but I dunno how much of them really altered the storyline until the end of the game (clearly allowing certain characters to die is big, but those types of consequences are few and far between). I failed a few times on purpose and found that you just hit different buttons to end at the same place by the end of the scene. And sometimes I felt like certain scenes didn't really connect well. You'd play one character, finish that scene, switch to another character, and suddenly they'd be linked without much explanation as to how that happened (particularly at the end of the game).

Also, the voice acting was pretty awful. Why couldn't they get Americans to do American voices?

Still, something different than the typical game.

Looks like a really good rental.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
Looks like a really good rental.

As I told a friend, if you got a Saturday night to drink or whatever and just play a marathon of 5-6 hours, it's a great time. But it's really tough to stay engaged playing an hour here or there like I did.

On a different note, I'm getting really excited about Red Dead Redemption. GTA IV set in the old west. I like.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 07:56 PM)
Just finished FF13 and GoW3. Both great games. A lot of fun. Searching for the next game. Thinking about Bioshock 2, did anybody play it?

I didn't play it but my cousin beat it and said it was pretty good.. although I don't think its a very long game..

Finally played Mass Effect 2, probably one of the best if not the best game I've ever played, in terms of a 3rd person shooter, so many possibilities wih your character etc.

Can't wait for Mass Effect 3 next year.