Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was never a big goldeneye guy either. I've never played any multiplayer FPS games. Not my thing(I Suck). Did anyone else play Super Mario Sunshine on the Gamecube? I really liked that game. Also just picked up RDR because I just feel like I'd be missing out if I didn't.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 24, 2010 -> 07:45 PM)
I was never a big goldeneye guy either. I've never played any multiplayer FPS games. Not my thing(I Suck). Did anyone else play Super Mario Sunshine on the Gamecube? I really liked that game. Also just picked up RDR because I just feel like I'd be missing out if I didn't.

i am also one of the few fans of Super Mario Sunshine. It was not one of the best Mario efforts, but I give it credit for trying to step away from the normal Mario mold and try something different.

Im sick of Bowser. The least thing they could do is try and come up with an alternate bad guy, but its always the same. Princess is kidnapped by Bowser, Bowser threatens Mario, Mario saves the day. Stupid b**** Peach, the least thing she could do is lock her damn door or maybe keep Mario around so that s*** doesnt happen all the time.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 24, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)
Not beating Ocarina of Time is a sin. Far and away the best video game of all-time and will probably be that way forever.

I still remember getting that Thanksgiving weekend and beating it in about 2-1/2 days.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 24, 2010 -> 05:19 PM)
Not beating Ocarina of Time is a sin. Far and away the best video game of all-time and will probably be that way forever.

Me and ff7 would argue otherwise. top ten definitely tho.

So, I'm probably 5-6 hours in to Red Dead, and so far, and it's the buggiest/glitchiest "major" release i've ever played. Not enough to be ubber annoying, but enough to frustrate me. I was doing the first bounty hunter mission last night. The guy is by a lake/river. He takes off on his horse down the "bank" of the water, though there is no "bank" or shore, just a rocky wall filled with shrubs and trees. I lasso'd his ass in the middle of a gigantic tree that was nearly as wide as I was. I've also failed missions at least twice by running my horse into the guy i'm supposed to talk to, causing the system to think i'm attacking him. I'm surprised they didn't fix that one. Seems pretty obvious that if i'm doing a job for the guy i'm not going to hurt him.

Still, this is the type of immersive game that I never got with GTA (except for the first one). I think the missions are better, the side stuff is more fun, and being out in the "open" gives the game a whole different feel.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 25, 2010 -> 08:23 AM)
So, I'm probably 5-6 hours in to Red Dead, and so far, and it's the buggiest/glitchiest "major" release i've ever played. Not enough to be ubber annoying, but enough to frustrate me. I was doing the first bounty hunter mission last night. The guy is by a lake/river. He takes off on his horse down the "bank" of the water, though there is no "bank" or shore, just a rocky wall filled with shrubs and trees. I lasso'd his ass in the middle of a gigantic tree that was nearly as wide as I was. I've also failed missions at least twice by running my horse into the guy i'm supposed to talk to, causing the system to think i'm attacking him. I'm surprised they didn't fix that one. Seems pretty obvious that if i'm doing a job for the guy i'm not going to hurt him.

Still, this is the type of immersive game that I never got with GTA (except for the first one). I think the missions are better, the side stuff is more fun, and being out in the "open" gives the game a whole different feel.

I have not experienced any major bugs or glitches and I have completed the story and have spent a lot of time on the game.. maybe its only certain instances, but I haven't run into any yet

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 24, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
Yeah, Super Mario Bros. was such a huge hit in the US that Nintendo felt the need to rush out a sequel to capitalize on the success of the original so they took an existing Japanese game -- Doki Doki Panic -- and inserted playable Mario characters and because of this the game really makes no sense.

Super mario bros came out in march of 1986 in the states. It was not until october of 1988 that super mario bros 2 came out in here. Super mario bros: the lost levels was technically the direct sequel (came out in june of 1986 in japan), but it was deemed too difficult to market. Hence super mario bros 2.

It really is a shame they no longer challenge people when it comes to video games. It's pathetic how easy modern games are... and i cannot stress that enough. I hate even thinking about it. f***.

QUOTE (qwerty @ May 25, 2010 -> 05:15 PM)
Super mario bros came out in march of 1986 in the states. It was not until october of 1988 that super mario bros 2 came out in here. Super mario bros: the lost levels was technically the direct sequel (came out in june of 1986 in japan), but it was deemed too difficult to market. Hence super mario bros 2.

It really is a shame they no longer challenge people when it comes to video games. It's pathetic how easy modern games are... and i cannot stress that enough. I hate even thinking about it. f***.

Demons Soul's is evil.

Yet oh so fun.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 25, 2010 -> 07:15 PM)
Some of those seem quite intentional.

Yeah, those aren't really bad glitches. If it adds significant comedic value and doesn't detract from the gameplay then I can live with it and in this case likely enjoy it. A true major glitch is like what some have experienced with the new Prince of Persia where you can fall into an inescapable room where the game auto-saves to the only file you're allowed to create and you're forced to completely start over several hours into the game. Riding a horse woman or clearing a gang hideout for a talking dog actually sound pretty amusing to me, in fact I'm really hoping I run into her.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 25, 2010 -> 07:30 PM)
Yeah, those aren't really bad glitches. If it adds significant comedic value and doesn't detract from the gameplay then I can live with it and in this case likely enjoy it. A true major glitch is like what some have experienced with the new Prince of Persia where you can fall into an inescapable room where the game auto-saves to the only file you're allowed to create and you're forced to completely start over several hours into the game. Riding a horse woman or clearing a gang hideout for a talking dog actually sound pretty amusing to me, in fact I'm really hoping I run into her.

Yeah I want to see this horse lady as well. I'm hoping to keep her around as my main horse.

Thinking about finally getting a new PS3. Only question, what game do I pick up as my starter game? I've been yearning to play the Show ever since last summer when my PS3 broke, while eating my copy of the Show 09 with it. However, Red Dead Redemption looks fantastic. Tough decision...

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 25, 2010 -> 08:28 PM)
Thinking about finally getting a new PS3. Only question, what game do I pick up as my starter game? I've been yearning to play the Show ever since last summer when my PS3 broke, while eating my copy of the Show 09 with it. However, Red Dead Redemption looks fantastic. Tough decision...

Red Dead.