Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)
Fixed

Impossible to say, considering D3 doesn't even have a release date yet. That being said, I never had any faith in Blizzard in ever releasing either game, so I'm pretty pumped about Starcraft 2.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
Nerds

So it's nerdy to gush over a long-awaited sequel to the best (RTS) video game of all time, but gushing over a game like Red Dead Redemption is just fine? :P

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 05:58 PM)
So it's nerdy to gush over a long-awaited sequel to the best (RTS) video game of all time, but gushing over a game like Red Dead Redemption is just fine? :P

Yes, exactly. Now take another puff of your inhaler and dive back into your digital fantasy world.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 06:04 PM)
Yes, exactly. Now take another puff of your inhaler and dive back into your digital fantasy world.

You should get out of your mom's basement and start watching baseball games with your eyes sometime. Maybe then you'd understand how unlucky Kotsay has been this year, hater.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
Impossible to say, considering D3 doesn't even have a release date yet. That being said, I never had any faith in Blizzard in ever releasing either game, so I'm pretty pumped about Starcraft 2.

I know. I've just never played Starcraft and I've been waiting for D3 for probably 8 years now haha.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
I think everyone should know that I started a franchise in MLB 10 today, and the Nationals just offered me Adam Dunn for Edwin Jackson and an A potential milb player.

O.O

Hahaha. I like that game's AI better than Mike Rizzo.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
I think everyone should know that I started a franchise in MLB 10 today, and the Nationals just offered me Adam Dunn for Edwin Jackson and an A potential milb player.

MLB 10 is smarter than Rizzo.

I'm still loving this game so much. I've been playing along with the season, and threw Edwin's first game last night. He's a video game dream.

So let me get this straight.

The single-most appealing thing about Madden 10, the online franchise mode, had bugs aplenty (including incorrect aging, no contracts, none of the deep, intuitive features we all love from regular franchise), yet they do nothing about it?

From what I have read, the only changes to Madden 11 are updated rosters, new pre-snap controls (something that bugs me because they were fine), and a new way of "playcalling" which is basically permanent "Ask Madden" which takes half the fun out of playing, imo. Seriously, I like selecting plays, not being told by a computer what to do and mindlessly trying to pull it off.

Then they ignore the online franchise, stating it will go "largely unchanged". This monopoly gets really old. Yet, of course, like the drone I am I'll walk like a Zombie, drooling, into GameStop come Tuesday and pick up my copy.

Ugh. I'm dumb.

Don't forget that they have incorporated a bunch of great "features" into the game that you have to keep paying more and more money for!

Madden 10 was the first Madden I had bought in probably about 6 years. It might be another 6 before I give it another shot.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 12:15 PM)
You know Ill be buying the next one.

And for all the bugs the online game had, it was still a good time.

Im pretty sure I want to get another league started if there is some interest.

Oh yeah, it was a great time, I just wanted the bugs fixed.

I'm in... you should start a Madden 11 Online Dynasty signup thread.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 09:54 AM)

The single-most appealing thing about Madden 10, the online franchise mode, had bugs aplenty (including incorrect aging, no contracts, none of the deep, intuitive features we all love from regular franchise), yet they do nothing about it?

From what I have read, the only changes to Madden 11 are updated rosters, new pre-snap controls (something that bugs me because they were fine), and a new way of "playcalling" which is basically permanent "Ask Madden" which takes half the fun out of playing, imo. Seriously, I like selecting plays, not being told by a computer what to do and mindlessly trying to pull it off.

Then they ignore the online franchise, stating it will go "largely unchanged". This monopoly gets really old. Yet, of course, like the drone I am I'll walk like a Zombie, drooling, into GameStop come Tuesday and pick up my copy.

Ugh. I'm dumb.

I got $20 for pre-ordering it, I'll take it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 09:54 AM)

Ugh. I'm dumb.

I haven't had madden since '08 but I hear that they will be providing an update so that you can choose to call your own plays or let madden do it. I want to say October 3rd is the date for the update, but don't quote me.

I got a quick question regarding Amazon's pre order.

I pre-ordered madden and will get it on release date with the 20 dollar video game credit, am I then able to use that credit on another video game I am going to pre order (reach) and then receive another 20 dollar credit? Can't believe it would work that way but if it does that is sick.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 02:14 PM)
I haven't had madden since '08 but I hear that they will be providing an update so that you can choose to call your own plays or let madden do it. I want to say October 3rd is the date for the update, but don't quote me.

I pre-ordered madden and will get it on release date with the 20 dollar video game credit, am I then able to use that credit on another video game I am going to pre order (reach) and then receive another 20 dollar credit? Can't believe it would work that way but if it does that is sick.

If that works, I'm going to do that and consistently trade in the game each time until I get a free game. Someone let me know ASAP.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 02:14 PM)

I think that should work.

QUOTE (SnB @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 04:23 PM)
was there no NCAA love this year?

I'm having a blast w/ this one after skipping the last few years. They found a way to make recruiting somewhat fun.

Agreed. I love this year's NCAA. Recruiting is tougher and it's an amazing experiene. I won't buy Madden this year unless I can get that $20 credit. In which I'll still sell it without playing it. I bought last year's Madden so I should be good.

The coordinator playcalling is actually pretty nice and I enjoyed using it.. its not like the random play ask madden would give you, you can actually set up your own gameplan so in certain situations plays you already have selected will be available to you through your coordinator..

The point is to make the game faster so instead of flipping through the playbook, your gameplan is used and the play that fits the situation is selected.. the demo was pretty fun with it