Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 04:41 PM)
When you say beat the games in a week, approximately how many hours of gameplay would that come out to? I haven't been stuck to a single game everyday of the week in a loong time, but that's also because I don't have to time to do that.

Modern Warfare 2 had about 4 hours of gameplay in it's mission mode. It varies, I'm just saying they won't keep you entertained forever (though my story is changing on MW2, the special ops missions and online are top notch).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 09:33 AM)
Modern Warfare 2 had about 4 hours of gameplay in it's mission mode. It varies, I'm just saying they won't keep you entertained forever (though my story is changing on MW2, the special ops missions and online are top notch).

I played World at War for a whole year straight pretty much till MW2 came out..

Im already almost a 5th prestige on MW2 and I plan on playing it for a very long time because of how good the online is.. that and Left for Dead 2 of course.. then the next game I will get will be Aliens Vs Predator in February..

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 12:19 PM)
then MLB 10.

From the details Sony has released thus far regarding MLB 10 I'm not seeing a compelling reason to by the game. MLB 09 was groundbreaking, as of now MLB 10 looks like updated rosters, Home Run Derby, new crowd animations and some silly video editor. Nothing to justify dropping $57 to pick it up at launch.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)
From the details Sony has released thus far regarding MLB 10 I'm not seeing a compelling reason to by the game. MLB 09 was groundbreaking, as of now MLB 10 looks like updated rosters, Home Run Derby, new crowd animations and some silly video editor. Nothing to justify dropping $57 to pick it up at launch.

Beckham's mug alone is worth it. I don't have MLB 09, just got the PS3 in September. I'm happily looking forward to the newest version of the best baseball game on the market.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 04:51 PM)
Beckham's mug alone is worth it. I don't have MLB 09, just got the PS3 in September. I'm happily looking forward to the newest version of the best baseball game on the market.

Ok, I just assumed you bought the game when you got your PS3.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 10:34 AM)
Those games include Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, CoD 4: Modern Warfare, etc etc. In the history of gaming, there has never been a game to completely hold someone's interest forever, it just won't happen. If you pick and choose, however, you can do fine.

NBA Hangtime disagrees.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 11:56 AM)
I've heard good things about Infamous on PS3. What do you guys think? I can get it for about $25 on ebay.

I was thinking about getting Resident Evil 5, but my cousins got it so I think I'll just borrow it from him when he beats it.

I'm pretty sure if you go into any 7/11 you can get Infamous for $14.99. I know that's the price they have it at the one by me. Should I be picking it up? I played the demo and the graphics didn't seem all that great.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 12:22 PM)
I'm pretty sure if you go into any 7/11 you can get Infamous for $14.99. I know that's the price they have it at the one by me. Should I be picking it up? I played the demo and the graphics didn't seem all that great.

I'm on a PC, so I'm stuck with Prototype. inFamous is about 15 times better in everything.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 11:56 AM)
I've heard good things about Infamous on PS3. What do you guys think? I can get it for about $25 on ebay.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 12:22 PM)

Its good game. It was my 2nd or 3rd favorite game of the year (behind Uncharted 2 and about even with Batman: AA). Yeah the graphics arent great, but thats the price you pay for an open world. Its just fun flying around the place killing baddies.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 06:49 PM)
The PS3 was the best purchase I ever made.

Best Christmas present I ever got, especially now that Blu Rays are getting cheaper. Best purchase was my 56 inch Samsung DLP 1080P TV.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 04:37 AM)
Been playing NHL 10 for the last few days. What an awesome game. Haven't had an NHL game of my own since NHL Faceoff 2001.

Do you have that for PS3? I'm addicted... about 55 games into the season, Kane is 3rd in the NHL in points... ANYWAY, let me know if you want to play.