Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

apparently there is a problem with the older "phat" ps3's internal clock.. For some reason the systems internal clock believes that it is a leap year and the date is actually february 29th today and is refusing that it is actually march 1st, causing the system to crash.. My "phat" ps3 works just fine so far so i think im in the clear. But people that have gotten off the phone with sony reps have been told there is nothing wrong. People are hoping that tomorrow the internal clock will be at March 1st, which is a real date and the system will go back to normal. This is a bad time for this to be happening, right when MLB the Show is about to be released!

Yeah it's the internal clock. People who upgraded their hard drive from what I've heard aren't having any problems so far. Basically, if you're is messed up, any games that require trophies will not play.

Someone told me a work around until it does get fixed is to go to settings, disable internet and adjust the date and time. Once you do, you can play offline

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
He meant system.

The slims are in the clear, its the big f***ers that are having the problems.

Thus... I am in the clear. B)

You're right, misread. I've got a fat one.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
He meant system.

The slims are in the clear, its the big f***ers that are having the problems.

Thus... I am in the clear. B)

I've got a 60gb launch :(.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)
Yeah it's the internal clock. People who upgraded their hard drive from what I've heard aren't having any problems so far. Basically, if you're is messed up, any games that require trophies will not play.

Someone told me a work around until it does get fixed is to go to settings, disable internet and adjust the date and time. Once you do, you can play offline

Nah, mine was infected and I swapped out my hard drive.

I better be able to play the Show tomorrow after baseball practice...

PSN in my sig now.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 08:51 AM)
Let me reiterate.

I, too, was a little sketchy with how the control scheme would work. However, after about 4 scenes (about 2 hours worth), I can already tell I am going to adore this game, and from all accounts I haven't even scratched the surface of it's greatness. I'm at work, but I can't wait to get home and play this sucker. It's f***ing awesome... and I highly recommend it to any PS3 owner.

Good to hear, I have been lazy in picking up this game. I only played a couple minutes of the demo but already enjoyed the cinema-like feel of the game. I have read that the game starts off slow but there is a big payoff at the end.

Old list:

QUOTE (onedude @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 03:37 PM)
Soxtalk name - PSN name

onedude - onedude84

Soxbadger - Soxbadger

Kalapse - K_A_L_A_P_S_E

RockRaines - THE_Rockraines

BobDylan - iIi-MARV-iIi

chimpy2121 - drunkchimp

Buehrle>Wood - gregf5711

ChiSox Sonix - hungryj0e

BigSqwert - m4rk0358

BurlyMan56 - BTRAIN1105

nitetrain8601 - jtamay3

DrunkBomber - drunkbomber

Jenksismyb**** - IbKillin

beautox - buzzbuzz785

Quinarvy - Quinarvy_Ethil

kev211 - kev211

almagest - al_magest

Steve9347 - Steve9347

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 11:40 AM)
Pre-ordered my copy of The Show 2010 this morning. Is anyone going to set up an online league? I didn't buy the 09 version so i wasn't able to do it, but i'd be interested this year.

I think a SoxTalk MLB10 the Show League would be pretty sweet.