Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 07:57 PM)
Update: Just got off the phone with a Sony rep, the stadiums aren't obtainable at the moment with pre-orders.

...annoying.

I had the same issue with my DLC for Heavy Rain. Patience.

It's like real life, only you are in control. Beckham is gorgeous, and Peavy is dreamy. I played exhibition in Target Field. It's like facing hte real players, and playing in Minnesota will no longer suck and be ugly.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
It is fan f***in tastic.

Something I noticed:

I was swinging like I do in the batting cage at practice, wildly. But now I'm becoming more selective.

*Hopes video game batters eye rubs off*

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 11:41 PM)
How is this game compared to MVP 05? I haven't loved another since.....

This game is better then MVP 05. For its time though MVP was awesome and I'd like to think it still be awesome if it was around today.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 12:05 AM)
OMFG... the PA in this game just announced "Visit us on [date] to celebrate mark buehrle's perfect game against the tampa bay rays on [date]. There are traditions, and then there are White Sox traditions."

Nice, just nice.

I'm refraining from Franchise mode until OS releases their Full Minors roster.

I'm loving the customization though...my RTTS RF/2B enters to No More Mr. Nice Guy, and my name is actually said...

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 12:07 AM)
Nice, just nice.

I'm refraining from Franchise mode until OS releases their Full Minors roster.

I'm loving the customization though...my RTTS RF/2B enters to No More Mr. Nice Guy, and my name is actually said...

Must be nice having a fairly common last name.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 12:15 AM)
Must be nice having a fairly common last name.

Shapiro?

I figure it's only in the game because of Mark Sha-pyro, but he pronounces it differently, so its a bit confusing.

Picked up Bad Company 2 last night for my 360. Pretty good game so far. I am liking this a hell of a lot better than MAG so far. The MAG game play has been kind of disappointing so far. Can't wait for my MLB 10 The Show to show up in the next day or so. I don't have the time to joining the soxtalk league, but I am looking forward to a very cool game. Having multiple game systems rocks.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 09:11 AM)
Amazon bumped my shipping date up. It's in town right now. Will be coming some time today. I wish it had a GPS tracking meter...

Mine was pushed back! *Shakes fist* I must have pre-ordered too late. Have to wait until next week.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 10:06 AM)
Mine was pushed back! *Shakes fist* I must have pre-ordered too late. Have to wait until next week.

I got my copy of the show on monday night at the ol local gamestop for 9 dollars thanks to a trade in of borderlands and batman: arkum asylum :headbang

Loving the game, just trying to get my batters eye back! I would swing at pretty much anything thrown at me for the first couple innings :)

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 11:25 AM)
I got my copy of the show on monday night at the ol local gamestop for 9 dollars thanks to a trade in of borderlands and batman: arkum asylum :headbang

Loving the game, just trying to get my batters eye back! I would swing at pretty much anything thrown at me for the first couple innings :)

I usually have that same problem when I first start playing baseball game. I feel like Juan Uribe, every pitch looks good!

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
Red Dead Redemption has once again been pushed back, this time to May 18th. By the time this thing finally hits shelves there will be absolutely zero buzz.

Jeez. I almost pre-ordered it yesterday but didn't want to because of the late April date.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 09:19 AM)
Picked up Bad Company 2 last night for my 360. Pretty good game so far. I am liking this a hell of a lot better than MAG so far. The MAG game play has been kind of disappointing so far. Can't wait for my MLB 10 The Show to show up in the next day or so. I don't have the time to joining the soxtalk league, but I am looking forward to a very cool game. Having multiple game systems rocks.

I cant pull the trigger on Battlefield.. I cant figure out if I like it or not from the demo.. its definitely slower than MW2, but I cant tell if I like it

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)
Jeez. I almost pre-ordered it yesterday but didn't want to because of the late April date.

It's a lot more realistic. The destructible environments are a great touch.

The game is a lot harder than MW.