Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 08:12 PM)
It's a lot more realistic. The destructible environments are a great touch.

The game is a lot harder than MW.

I know, its not fast killing like on MW2.. Ill have to rent it and see if I really wanna get it when I play more than the demo has to offer..

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 11:29 PM)
My God. You would swear MLB 10 the Show is the real deal.

I'm absolutely blown away. I'm loving the "Sounds of the Show" feature. I've already uploaded a few sounds to my PS3 to enhance the US Cellular Field experience. I just need Nancy Faust playing "Kiss Him Goodbye" for the HR song.

After a few games, I'm really impressed with the detail of The Show. One of the coolest graphical features is the clouds during a day game, making certain spots of the field darker or lighter. Also, the shadows change little by little as each inning goes along. In years past it was basically sunny from innings 1-3, shadowy from 4-6, and then dark from 7-9.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 09:30 AM)
So, I can't seem to find a PS3 on sale at any stores in the NW suburbs due to the shortage. Any suggestions of where to look?

Thanks!

I just bought one last Friday at the Costco on Clyborn in Lincoln Park. It's the 120GB one, with one controller, the original Uncharted game, and a Blu Ray remote for about ~$370 with tax. There were at least 30 more units there.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 10:08 AM)
I just bought one last Friday at the Costco on Clyborn in Lincoln Park. It's the 120GB one, with one controller, the original Uncharted game, and a Blu Ray remote for about ~$370 with tax. There were at least 30 more units there.

Awesome, thanks. I'll be calling them shortly.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 07:36 AM)
So how is Dan Hudson not in the game? Seriously.

He is...he's really low on the Sox SP Depth Chart. Where we got all these odd-named stud starting pitching prospects is beyond me.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
He is...he's really low on the Sox SP Depth Chart. Where we got all these odd-named stud starting pitching prospects is beyond me.

He is? I checked the rosters of the AAA and AA teams and did not see him. Maybe I somehow just overlooked him.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
He is? I checked the rosters of the AAA and AA teams and did not see him. Maybe I somehow just overlooked him.

Go to "Manage Roster" then to Starting Pitchers and he should be 5th from the bottom. His Potential is some how a "D".

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 09:48 AM)
Huh. After it started cycling through the Mauer and Milestones ones for a 3rd time I gave up. Good to know. Thanks.

Yep, it was actually the first video I saw when I started up the game. Originally, I was like, "Wow, how did they know I was a Sox fan" until I realized it was just random. I've seen it about 3 times now. I've seen the Mauer one once, the Milestones twice.

BTW, anyone got tips on hitting? I don't know how to lay off a pitch at all. Everything looks good until I swing at it to find out it was a head high fastball or a slider low and away. I'm playing Road To The Show and the only thing keeping me from dominating is me swinging at everything. I'm batting .368 with 3 HR's and 9 RBI's through 20 games with a slugging percentage of .564, but my OBP is .368 as well because I can't take a walk. I'm the #4 hitter for the vaunted Tigers' AA team, the Erie Seadogs.

Edited by nitetrain8601

Heavy Rain was the s***. I finished it last night. It's actually crazy the many different ways the story is ending for different people. It also lets you go back and replay certain scenes to see what you could have done differently.

I don't think I'll play it again, though, but on the difficulty setting I was on it took a bit over 10 hours of gameplay. I just traded it to Gamestop for $40 and picked up an oldie I'd never played (GTA IV) and NBA 2k10 to improve my collection.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
Heavy Rain was the s***. I finished it last night. It's actually crazy the many different ways the story is ending for different people. It also lets you go back and replay certain scenes to see what you could have done differently.

I don't think I'll play it again, though, but on the difficulty setting I was on it took a bit over 10 hours of gameplay. I just traded it to Gamestop for $40 and picked up an oldie I'd never played (GTA IV) and NBA 2k10 to improve my collection.

Not a huge fan of NBA2k10. I thought 2k9 was better. I hate the automatic post up and animations they have. Also, My Player mode is long and redundant. Honestly, it's not much fun at all. Just feels like more of a task.

I love GTA IV though. Too many people give it hate because they expected it to be the most awesome game that will ever be invented. It's a great game.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
Well, my PS3 isn't reading game discs...not good.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Sounds like the Blu Ray reader may be messed up. There are fixes on YouTube I believe, but if not, you're going to have to shell out the $150 to Sony, use your warranty or buy a new one.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
Sounds like the Blu Ray reader may be messed up. There are fixes on YouTube I believe, but if not, you're going to have to shell out the $150 to Sony, use your warranty or buy a new one.

It's a launch, so I'm fairly sure the warranty is up.

But, I found a fix on Youtube. Start a demo/downloaded game and go through XMB to start game, and fixed.

Odd.

So I rented mlb2k10 b/c i need a baseball game during the season, but the past 3 were just disappointing. Not the case with this new one though, I love the be a pro mode they have and I'm currently playing for the Barons

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
Go to "Manage Roster" then to Starting Pitchers and he should be 5th from the bottom. His Potential is some how a "D".

A ton of players have messed up potentials, it's getting fixed with the monday roster update.

The wii fit is still hard to find??

I want to get one for my wife for her birthday and am astonished that they're still not readily available.

anyone know any places i'll have some luck?

QUOTE (SnB @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 12:34 PM)
The wii fit is still hard to find??

I want to get one for my wife for her birthday and am astonished that they're still not readily available.

anyone know any places i'll have some luck?

Where have you looked? I usually call around my 10 local gamestops to look for stuff, since they seem to be on every damn corner