Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 06:02 AM)
I used to LOVE skitchin'... my buddy and I played that all the time. It was, clearly, a blatant ripoff of Road Rash, but it was still cool.

I thought Skitchin had a bit more strategy than Road Rash actually. In Road Rash all you gotta do is basically stay on your bike, while Skitchin was harder as it had more obstacles, faster cars to skitch off etc. Nothing like hitting someone with nunchuks or a stun gun also.

I'd just love to see how it would look today with the improvement in graphics from 15 years ago.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Mar 20, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
About 10 hours in to FF13 and I am extremely bored with the game already. It has really disappointed me. I think i'll be stopping over at Gamestop to trade it in for something else.

The graphics are awesome but yeah the game isn't as interesting as I hoped. I am only about 3 hrs in though....

So I recently downloaded a Sega Genesis Emulator with 800 games all so I could play Road Rash and Skitchin again.

Any recommendations on other great Genesis games I should play (as I'm not that familar with it otherwise).

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 20, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
So I recently downloaded a Sega Genesis Emulator with 800 games all so I could play Road Rash and Skitchin again.

Any recommendations on other great Genesis games I should play (as I'm not that familar with it otherwise).

My all time favorite game on that system was Populus. I wish someone else did that now.

My xbox live acc***'s credit card expired and instead of updating it I think ill just let it lapse and ill just have silver instead of gold. I'm really bored with shooters and I don't like the type of people that play those games frankly because they're just obnoxious, and I really don't do multiplayer that much.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 20, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
My all time favorite game on that system was Populus. I wish someone else did that now.

It is available on DS. I also loved that game. Playing god is awesome

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Mar 20, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
About 10 hours in to FF13 and I am extremely bored with the game already. It has really disappointed me. I think i'll be stopping over at Gamestop to trade it in for something else.

For a game that has roughly 60 hours of play time I dont know why you would be giving up on it so early into the game..

I just bought it today, im about 7 hours into it and I am enjoying it so far.. the fighting is not nearly as confusing as I had thought it would have been and really does have the FF10 feel to it, which I love..

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 11:41 AM)
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...ttoWhatsNewsTop

Hmm. Thoughts? I dunno that this'll fly. Who wants to wear those glasses while they play? Maybe a console/pc game, but I dunno about a small handheld.

I dont subscribe so I didnt read the entire article, but the gist of the article was that you will not need glasses while you play.

Aiming to rejuvenate sales of its hand-held game machines, Nintendo Co. plans to sell a new portable 3-D gaming device that won't require special glasses.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 11:41 AM)
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...ttoWhatsNewsTop

Hmm. Thoughts? I dunno that this'll fly. Who wants to wear those glasses while they play? Maybe a console/pc game, but I dunno about a small handheld.

Have fun playing that walking down a sidewalk. That would be weird.

Plus, if it's still going to be the same technology (as in crappy excuse for 3D graphics), I don't see much of a point.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)
Have fun playing that walking down a sidewalk. That would be weird.

Plus, if it's still going to be the same technology (as in crappy excuse for 3D graphics), I don't see much of a point.

People play handheld video games walking down the sidewalk? That sounds dangerous.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
People play handheld video games walking down the sidewalk? That sounds dangerous.

Yeah, I've done it before. It depends on what kind of side walk you're talking about. If it's in the city, that's a bad idea. If it's in like a suburban subdivision, I don't see any dangers to it.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone pick up Just Cause 2? if you like open world/sandbox gta4 style games, you will enjoy this i guarantee it. The size of the world in Just Cause 2 makes GTA4's look miniscule.. You need to fly a plane just to get from one end of the map to the other, or else itll take forever. this games going to keep me busy for a while till UFC 2010 comes out.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
anyone pick up Just Cause 2? if you like open world/sandbox gta4 style games, you will enjoy this i guarantee it. The size of the world in Just Cause 2 makes GTA4's look miniscule.. You need to fly a plane just to get from one end of the map to the other, or else itll take forever. this games going to keep me busy for a while till UFC 2010 comes out.

I thought about it, but I think I'm just going to wait out the forever delayed Red Dead Redemption.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 05:05 PM)

So finally have had some time to play FFXIII. The game play starts off slow, but the graphics and storyline are pretty good. About 5-6 hours in the game play really starts to pick up. Its unlike other FF games in that you are only in control of 1 player, but you have the ability to change the roles of all characters instantly.

I personally am enjoying it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)
So finally have had some time to play FFXIII. The game play starts off slow, but the graphics and storyline are pretty good. About 5-6 hours in the game play really starts to pick up. Its unlike other FF games in that you are only in control of 1 player, but you have the ability to change the roles of all characters instantly.

I personally am enjoying it.

Im at the final boss at about 52 hours of gameplay.. it was kicking my ass so I stopped playing and am just waiting till I get around to going and boosting so I will be strong enough to actually beat it.. and then of course there is all the side quests to do as well so all in all I thought it was a great game and I really enjoyed it.. only having to be responsible for one person while the AI takes care of the other party members makes it a little easier in battle..