Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its listed as a gift item too, dunno how that happened..

Either way it appears to have worked, but I still didn't see anything about golden guns or a $20 gift card.. I did get some $5 thing for an mp3 download which is worthless to me anyways..

I dunno, if I get it Tuesday afternoon for the same price that I would have gotten it for had I gone to gamestop its whatever..

QUOTE (T R U @ May 16, 2010 -> 10:20 PM)
Ok so now I went back and tried to redo it and now all of the sudden I am getting it on Tuesday and it was $65..

This is confusing as hell, I hope I did it right..

Did you sign up for the free trial of Amazon Prime? If so it should be $59.99 and arrive Tuesday. On the invoice it sent to your email what raised the price to $65? Shipping should be free and there's no tax (assuming Texas is the same as Illinois).

QUOTE (T R U @ May 16, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
Its listed as a gift item too, dunno how that happened..

Either way it appears to have worked, but I still didn't see anything about golden guns or a $20 gift card.. I did get some $5 thing for an mp3 download which is worthless to me anyways..

I dunno, if I get it Tuesday afternoon for the same price that I would have gotten it for had I gone to gamestop its whatever..

Did you choose to have it gift wrapped? That would account for the extra $5. If so cancel the order and do it again this time make sure you don't check the gift wrap box. Don't know why you wouldn't get the gift card, you did order Red Dead Redemption, right?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 16, 2010 -> 10:28 PM)
Did you choose to have it gift wrapped? That would account for the extra $5. If so cancel the order and do it again this time make sure you don't check the gift wrap box. Don't know why you wouldn't get the gift card, you did order Red Dead Redemption, right?

No I did not select it to be gift wrapped..

The game itself is 59.99 and then shipping and handling is 5.98 which I am assuming is for the get it on Tuesday shipping I selected..

I will cancel it and try it again and make sure there isnt any unnecessary stuff..

QUOTE (T R U @ May 16, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
No I did not select it to be gift wrapped..

The game itself is 59.99 and then shipping and handling is 5.98 which I am assuming is for the get it on Tuesday shipping I selected..

I will cancel it and try it again and make sure there isnt any unnecessary stuff..

That's odd. You did sign up for the free trial of Prime, right? Unless things are different with the membership and trial membership shipping should be free. If you didn't sign up for the free trial, you really should you get it for 90 days and it should save you $6 today.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 16, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
That's odd. You did sign up for the free trial of Prime, right? Unless things are different with the membership and trial membership shipping should be free. If you didn't sign up for the free trial, you really should you get it for 90 days and it should save you $6 today.

No I did not select the prime trial..

Also, it does not say that I get a $20 gift card so I think I am going to just cancel the whole thing and give up my brief amazon career..

I hate dealing with stuff that I am not directly involved with, like I cant tell if its the pre order edition or not..

Been playing Just Cause 2 after completing the likes of GTA 4, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins on PC, and I just can't get into it that much.

One thing is the complete lack of a storyline, the other is when I'm driving a motorcycle or a car the camera control makes it basically impossible to drive full speed and turn without crashing into something.

I'll keep playing it, but I much preferred GTA IV, and I'm just about to start playing the 2 episodes which just got released on PC about a month back.

Maybe it's just a PC vs. Console thing though.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 16, 2010 -> 10:39 PM)
No I did not select the prime trial..

Also, it does not say that I get a $20 gift card so I think I am going to just cancel the whole thing and give up my brief amazon career..

I hate dealing with stuff that I am not directly involved with, like I cant tell if its the pre order edition or not..

Bah, quitter. And for the record, the only place you'll see the $20 gift card and guns pack deal is on the game's page, no email or order status will say you're getting those but they will come.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 16, 2010 -> 09:45 PM)
Bah, quitter. And for the record, the only place you'll see the $20 gift card and guns pack deal is on the game's page, no email or order status will say you're getting those but they will come.

I know, and it never said that..

When I did the same thing for UFC 2010 and NCAA 11 they BOTH had easily visable notices that I will be receiving gift cards for pre ordering them.. RDR did NOT have the notices, so I am thinking I wouldnt have been getting it..

I have kinda been turned off to RDR though so I think what I am going to do is order UFC 2010 through Amazon.com since I know that is giving me the GC..

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 16, 2010 -> 09:19 AM)
I pre-ordered from Gamestop only because that's what I always do... the add-ons don't really matter to me.

Same.

I do all my video game business with Game Stop. I have an account there and frequently return games so I usually just buy stuff there too, its easy and most convenient for me. Don't care too much about the pre-order add-ons so I stuck with Game Stop.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 17, 2010 -> 01:50 PM)

I have $5 left on mine when I pick it up tomorrow, then saving up for ModNation racers.

Along with 3D Dot Hero Games, it seems good games always come in 3s.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 17, 2010 -> 01:50 PM)

I saw this on Slickdeals.net today, get Red Dead Redemption for $45 from Buy.com via Ebay, with free shipping

EDIT: here's the link for each system

360 link.

PS3 link

Edited by smalls2598

While being amped over 3DDGH and RDR and ModNation Racers, I completely forgot about The Forgotten Sands.

Apparently, its got some flaws, but is a nice return to the Sands of Time, which was one of my favorite games ever.

I'll probably wait to buy it at a discount price though.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 19, 2010 -> 02:04 AM)
RDD is freakin awesome.. love it so far

These are my thoughts exactly.

My only gripe is the horse control...it's difficult to look around still go in the same direction.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 19, 2010 -> 01:30 AM)
These are my thoughts exactly.

My only gripe is the horse control...it's difficult to look around still go in the same direction.

Its not bad once you get use to it, but man there is a time when you need to defend a moving train while you follow it on horseback from enemies on horseback and it is a major pain in the ass..

ill also edit in that at one point i had a freakin sweet horse, it was all white and fast as hell and there was a pack of wolves and I wasnt payin attention to them and one of them dragged me off the horse, so I ran off to get some separation from them and when i looked back they had killed my horse.. i was pissed because that horse was awesome, then I had to get one of the generic crappy ones..

Edited by T R U

RDR honestly is a revolution in video gaming. As great as the GTA series is, RDR makes me not want to go off killing random guys because of the integrity meter or whatever.

I too lost a sweet ass horse who'd been broken in nice and gained tons of endurance. Great game.

My first horse (that was quite nice) got killed at the Ridgewood Barn shootout. I went nuts and took out the rest before the Marshall & Idiots got in the building.

Also, Deadly Assassin outfit is nice.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 19, 2010 -> 08:22 AM)
RDR honestly is a revolution in video gaming. As great as the GTA series is, RDR makes me not want to go off killing random guys because of the integrity meter or whatever.

I agree, I do not feel the same way I did playing GTA.. there were often times ide just kill random people and destroy things for no reason but I dont find myself doing that in this game..

And the multiplayer is soooo fun, I thought it wouldnt be any good and I played it for about 2 hours tonight and oh man its awesome.. I didnt even play any real game, just the free roam.. its great