Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 26, 2010 -> 05:08 AM)
I get the disappearing glitch in multiplayer all the time.

You sure about that? because I did too on release day but the next day they patched it and I haven't seen it since..

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 26, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
I haven't played it in a few days on multiplayer, but I was getting it over the weekend. Haven't had xbox install any updates either.

That's because it wasn't an install update..

I had the same issues the very first time I played online, I was also constantly booted from sessions.. the next day I read it had been patched, and ever since that I have not had any issues at all with it..

That's weird that you are..

4644988142_3d957ca4f3_o.jpg

I was so happy to kill that f***er. He killed my horse, and then attacked me. He got what he deserved.

In other RDR news, I am not too far into the game, because I can only play in hour spurts a few nights a week, and half of that is spent roaming and f***ing around, but last night I was elated to earn the duster. I feel so much like Mac.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 27, 2010 -> 09:25 AM)
4644988142_3d957ca4f3_o.jpg

I was so happy to kill that f***er. He killed my horse, and then attacked me. He got what he deserved.

In other RDR news, I am not too far into the game, because I can only play in hour spurts a few nights a week, and half of that is spent roaming and f***ing around, but last night I was elated to earn the duster. I feel so much like Mac.

The other day I had two of those sneaky bastards attack my horse and they got me on the ground and I quickly got into deadeye and blew their heads off. Those cougars are little b****es.

Edited by kjshoe04

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 27, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
The other day I had two of those sneaky bastards attack my horse and they got me on the ground and I quickly got into deadeye and blew their heads off. Those cougars are little b****es.

A guy was about to attack me, and the cougar appeared out of nowhere and killed him.

I caved and ordered Red Dead off of Amazon using a $20 gc to help with the cost. Stupid PS3 was $10 cheaper. Now I just need the game and to actually have some time to play it (work, working out, and traffic takes up way too much time).

Seriously, there are days that after I finish dinner and the dishes its 830pm and my night is basically over.

Just to throw this out there.. but when you get to what appears to be the end of the game for Red Dead Redemption, make sure you go to the train station in Blackwater..

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 08:40 AM)
Anyone get backbreaker? I got it and am very disappointed with it.

How anybody purchases games without reading a single review baffles me. Seriouly, if a game doesn't get an 8 or higher, I don't even rent it, let alone purchase it.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/958/958007.html

Backbreaker rocking the 5.0 IGN review, on a 10.0 scale. You couldn't pay me to play that.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 08:40 AM)
Anyone get backbreaker? I got it and am very disappointed with it.

I've heard it did some things well, but the overall package isn't ready to compete yet. At best we'll see EA gobble up some of the "innovations," and in 2018 we'll see them in the Madden series.

Seriously though, I was hoping this game would sell like gangbusters just so EA is forced to do something with Madden. It's become such a joke the last decade.

I read the reviews. I wasnt expecting it to blow me away, I just wanted to see the physics engine because they are using something similar in for NHL 11 which is a game I am really looking forward to. There are some very cool things about the game but as you said it seems incomplete.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 08:49 AM)
Seriously though, I was hoping this game would sell like gangbusters just so EA is forced to do something with Madden. It's become such a joke the last decade.

We've been through this ad nauseum, but anyone who would say this clearly didn't dive into Madden 10.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 08:43 AM)
How anybody purchases games without reading a single review baffles me. Seriouly, if a game doesn't get an 8 or higher, I don't even rent it, let alone purchase it.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/958/958007.html

Backbreaker rocking the 5.0 IGN review, on a 10.0 scale. You couldn't pay me to play that.

Only two I ever have are Assassins Creed and L.A.I.R.

Both are quite fun for me.

Warner Bros. Announces New Mortal Kombat for 2011

That live-action Mortal Kombat trailer recently released on YouTube maybe didn't have anything to do with a new Mortal Kombat game, but it makes little difference as Warner Bros. today has coincidentally announced a new Mortal Kombat game anyway. Evidently dubbed simply "Mortal Kombat," the new game is being developed by a new team for release in 2011.

The new team, called NetherRealm Studios, is being guided by original Mortal Kombat creator Ed Boon. This new Mortal Kombat promises a "reinvention of its classic 2D fighting mechanic" along with a "new graphics engine." It's a little unclear from the wording, but it sounds like it'll go the Street Fighter 4 route, with 3D visuals but strictly 2D gameplay.

This new entry will also add tag-team modes in addition to standard one-on-one bouts, including a "co-op arcade mode" that has two players teaming up to take on other teams online. Warner Bros. also promises the "deepest story mode of any fighting game" with a return of "iconic warriors" from past Mortal Kombat games, but no specific characters are mentioned. And of course, there will also be a return of Fatalities.

What are people most looking forward to for E3?

I'm holding out hope than Valve is gonna announce Half Life 3 (since there'll be no announcement on Half Life 2 Episode 3). Been waiting for that game for almost 3 years now.

Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 trailers would be good also.