Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
I quit buying the football games when they quit allowing you to save during a game.

I never played games that were long enough that I needed this feature but it was convenient back when I had Madden.

Is saving in the middle of games no longer available?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 11:23 AM)
I never played games that were long enough that I needed this feature but it was convenient back when I had Madden.

Is saving in the middle of games no longer available?

Nope, I think it was 2007 NCAA that was the last time that had it.

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 03:27 AM)
The coordinator playcalling is actually pretty nice and I enjoyed using it.. its not like the random play ask madden would give you, you can actually set up your own gameplan so in certain situations plays you already have selected will be available to you through your coordinator..

The point is to make the game faster so instead of flipping through the playbook, your gameplan is used and the play that fits the situation is selected.. the demo was pretty fun with it

Thanks for the head's up. I'll try out the demo this weekend.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 08:15 PM)
Just played the Madden demo.

I'm sort of saddened by the fact that there is no more turbo. It almost feels like there's something vital missing.

Am I the only one who couldn't figure out hot routes? What am I doing wrong?

I NEED ANSWERS!

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
In my road to the show, the Twins added Carl Crawford, Johnathon Broxton, and K-Rod.

I'm sure that's what Mike Rizzo asked for in return for Adam Dunn.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 11:03 AM)
Anyone play Limbo (360 arcade)? Little pricey at $15, but wow, what a cool game.

i bought it but havent started it yet, glad to know its cool

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 10:32 AM)
I'm sure that's what Mike Rizzo asked for in return for Adam Dunn.

Dunn walked in the offseason to the Mets.

Paulie's a Phil, Buehrle a Nat, Kubel, Sergio & Sizmore are Cards.

Yonder Alonso, Derrek Norris, and Jon Lester are White Sox.

Edited by Quinarvy

So far I am already impressed with Madden '11, even though I haven't owned the game since '08.

I am annoyed by franchise mode, in one with my brother and I hate how you can't set your game plan/coaching options unless it is your team's game of the week and on top of that I wish you could choose which game you play week 1 like in the past. I miss training camp, that was something I always enjoyed. Just small issues, seems to me that the past madden games had more features in franchise mode.

Also, I'm reading about a bunch of freezing issues, hope this doesn't happen, been fine so far.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

So I have a question. For a dollar I can make one player healthy for the rest of my franchise season. This begs the question, did Madden make it so more players get injured in games, just so we minions spend our money to make them healthy? I don't like this idea of charging for such things, because they could have done anything to the algorithms to alter the frequency of such events just to extort money from users who already dropped 60 bucks on their video game.

I think we have an ethical dilemma here.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 08:25 AM)
So I have a question. For a dollar I can make one player healthy for the rest of my franchise season. This begs the question, did Madden make it so more players get injured in games, just so we minions spend our money to make them healthy? I don't like this idea of charging for such things, because they could have done anything to the algorithms to alter the frequency of such events just to extort money from users who already dropped 60 bucks on their video game.

I am seeing a bunch of injuries as well, I'll probably move the slider for injuries down because it seems every drive one of my players sprains something.

I am curious, have any of you had any freezing issues? I have not but continue to see people have issues when creating a gameplan and I'd really like to create one. I do not know how many people, on a side note I kinda like gameflow, it definitely speeds things up.

What I don't like is that the cpu hikes the ball too damn fast and I can never set my defense.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 09:25 AM)

EA's so sleazy I wouldn't be shocked (though I think the injuries needed to be more frequent in past versions). The thing that irks me personally is that to get NBA Jam on the PS3/360 (Not even a full version, mind you), you have to buy NBA Elite 11.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 08:30 AM)
EA's so sleazy I wouldn't be shocked (though I think the injuries needed to be more frequent in past versions). The thing that irks me personally is that to get NBA Jam on the PS3/360 (Not even a full version, mind you), you have to buy NBA Elite 11.

I thought the same thing with NCAA Football 10/11. You could pay for a better chance at landing recruits, which basically meant that it was pretty difficult to pull top recruits into your school. Maybe that wasn't real, but it sure seemed that way.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 08:25 AM)

IIRC, they had it last year as well. It's just a money grab that they know that some people will actually spend their money on.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 08:54 AM)
I thought the same thing with NCAA Football 10/11. You could pay for a better chance at landing recruits, which basically meant that it was pretty difficult to pull top recruits into your school. Maybe that wasn't real, but it sure seemed that way.

Yeah thats true, somewhat.. the recruiting helpers help if you are at a bad school but the best schools still get the tops players regardless of those helpers..

I agree though that its f***ing retarded that they have stuff like this on NCAA and Madden.. I shouldn't have to pay for a scouting report on a player/prospect

I think its time to go buy an original xbox and mvp baseball 2005 before I head back to school this week. I've been dying to play it again since mine got stolen back in October from my apartment. Sucks cuz I was in like the 15th year of my dynasty and had Buehrle coming up on 300 wins. No sports game will ever beat mvp 05.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Aug 14, 2010 -> 02:57 PM)
I think its time to go buy an original xbox and mvp baseball 2005 before I head back to school this week. I've been dying to play it again since mine got stolen back in October from my apartment. Sucks cuz I was in like the 15th year of my dynasty and had Buehrle coming up on 300 wins. No sports game will ever beat mvp 05.

I just got MLB 2k10 for cheap and it still isnt worth it. I miss MVP 05 soooo much.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 14, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
I just got MLB 2k10 for cheap and it still isnt worth it. I miss MVP 05 soooo much.

The Show makes 2K10 look like crap. At first, 2K10 was decent, but it got old and tiring.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 14, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
I dont even like the graphics, they look really cheap.

Those graphics are actually a huge step up from 2K9. The lighting during the day looks fine, but it's just the other times of day where the game looks really bland.