Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
I'm going to try the demos.

I LOVED NBA Live and NBA Jam made me think about getting a Wii, but if Elite controls poorly, I'll probably go 2k11.

The NBA 2k11 doesn't even include all the new controls, so I don't know why they released it. However, blocking shots has never been more fun. I slapped a Rondo layup clear across half-court with Bynum.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 05:11 PM)
Had that jersey in red(50th anniversary), but I've always wanted the shoes and could never find them in my size.

I still have the shoes. They are really heavy for some reason. They almost feel like boots. I haven't worn them in a long time because the sole started to come off on one of them.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 02:41 PM)
I have FIFA 09, why should I rent Dead Rising 2 and purchase FIFA 11?

I was only answering the post as originally typed. I've never owned a FIFA game, nor do I plan to given my distaste for the game of soccer. It's my experience that games like Dead Rising 2 you can defeat within a rented amounts' time, while a sports game keeps you entertained for a calendar year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
I was only answering the post as originally typed. I've never owned a FIFA game, nor do I plan to given my distaste for the game of soccer. It's my experience that games like Dead Rising 2 you can defeat within a rented amounts' time, while a sports game keeps you entertained for a calendar year.

True, but like I said, I already have FIFA 09 and I'm not sure FIFA 11 has enough content to make me upgrade. I love sports games, you can put in as much or as little time as you choose. You can pick them up at any time and play. But, they're easy to master. If Dead Rising 2 has enough replay value, it can be comparable. If you pre order it from Game Stop, you get a code for a ninja outfit. I rarely have a chance to purchase a brand new game, I'm burned out on Madden or NCAA Football, so I won't be dropping $60 on either. I want to make a good choice for me that I won't regret with the $60 I have to spend.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
I know I base all of my video game purchase decisions on whether they come with a code for a ninja outfit!

It's an incentive. Kill zombies dressed as a ninja, sounds good to me.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
It's my experience that games like Dead Rising 2 you can defeat within a rented amounts' time, while a sports game keeps you entertained for a calendar year.

totally disagree..

a game like dead rising gives you the campaign plus the multiplayer while a sports game generally keeps me occupied for the duration of that real time sport..

For instance, I was all pumped up about MLB2K10 when the real baseball season started.. after I got my fill, it was time to move on.. same thing with NCAA11 and Madden11.. as soon as football starts winding down I will be all played with those games..

QUOTE (T R U @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
totally disagree..

a game like dead rising gives you the campaign plus the multiplayer while a sports game generally keeps me occupied for the duration of that real time sport..

For instance, I was all pumped up about MLB2K10 when the real baseball season started.. after I got my fill, it was time to move on.. same thing with NCAA11 and Madden11.. as soon as football starts winding down I will be all played with those games..

Yeah, it's hard to get into a sports game when the season has ended. I'm on my third year of playing MLB 2K8, I have no problem keeping an older version of a sports game. So if I upgraded to FIFA 11 from FIFA 09, there would have to be a reason that trumps Dead Rising 2's appeal. I still need a concensus, I can only buy one and I never got to play the first Dead Rising because I have a PS3, not an XBOX 360.

I'm looking for fun factor for my $60. I already own FIFA 09, which I got used for $18. I doubt that I want to invest $60 in a slight upgrade to a game I already own. Whereas, Dead Rising 2 seems to have a major and unique fun factor to it. Basically, I need to be convinced that I should buy FIFA 11 over Dead Rising 2.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
The only sports game I can play year round is NHL. The rest of them I lose interest as when the season ends.

Thats how I was with NBA Live. I've played over 500 online games in NBA Live 10. Elite makes me sad.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
Thats how I was with NBA Live. I've played over 500 online games in NBA Live 10. Elite makes me sad.

One of the developers wrote a letter which basically is a nice way of stating that they're waving the white flag with this game. If I can find it again, I'll post it.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)
Dead Rising 2 or FIFA 11? Any other opinions?

Dude, why keep asking? You've already stated like 4 times that you don't think it's worth the upgrade from 09 and you clearly have your mind made up. Get the stupid zombie game. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
Dude, why keep asking? You've already stated like 4 times that you don't think it's worth the upgrade from 09 and you clearly have your mind made up. Get the stupid zombie game. :lolhitting

I know, I know. Just looking for other opinions.