Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
I can't wait till Fallout New Vegas, but its going to be hard to put down Halo Reach.

eesh, I put that game down about 5 days after I got it.. the multiplayer was crap.. good story though

The Bad Boys challenge was rather easy. I've beaten the first 4 challenges, but up next is the 1991 NBA Finals, and it's going to be insanely difficult to get those dimes and boards, I imagine.

Edited by Steve9347

I finished 5 challenges, decided I'm probably not going finish them all and instead went to the code screen and entered "icanbe23" to unlock the "create a legend" mode and I am hooked. The "my player" mode is bulls***, dropping in a player rated around 40? yeah f*** that I'm far too impatient. This way you drop in a 21 year old Jordan rated at 79 and immediately take the league by storm, these modes where you control 1 player on the playing field are the absolute best. This is some of the most fun I've ever had playing a sports game.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 01:50 PM)
I finished 5 challenges, decided I'm probably not going finish them all and instead went to the code screen and entered "icanbe23" to unlock the "create a legend" mode and I am hooked. The "my player" mode is bulls***, dropping in a player rated around 40? yeah f*** that I'm far too impatient. This way you drop in a 21 year old Jordan rated at 79 and immediately take the league by storm, these modes where you control 1 player on the playing field are the absolute best. This is some of the most fun I've ever had playing a sports game.

I'm going to try to earn it the legit way, but I cannot wait.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 07:41 PM)
I'm going to try to earn it the legit way, but I cannot wait.

Yeah, I'm trying to hold off and actually finish the Jordan Challenge. Right now I've finished 9 of the ten. Last one to go is "Michaels Last Dance." I've been afraid of having to get steals.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 12:02 PM)
The Bad Boys challenge was rather easy. I've beaten the first 4 challenges, but up next is the 1991 NBA Finals, and it's going to be insanely difficult to get those dimes and boards, I imagine.

I beat the 91 finals one averaging like 49 points and 12 assist a game on my first try in a 4 game sweep(two games were crazy close and I won in the last second though). Was not that bad, 31 points is really easy to get so just focus on the assist.

Just make Jordan the primary ball handler, and drive and dish.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)
Yeah, I'm trying to hold off and actually finish the Jordan Challenge. Right now I've finished 9 of the ten. Last one to go is "Michaels Last Dance." I've been afraid of having to get steals.

In every Jordan Challenge game so far I've been averaging like 2 steals with him a game, so I hope that when I actually put effort into getting steals it works. I'm saving that one for last though and I'm on 5/10 completed.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 12:22 PM)
In every Jordan Challenge game so far I've been averaging like 2 steals with him a game, so I hope that when I actually put effort into getting steals it works. I'm saving that one for last though and I'm on 5/10 completed.

I'm more afraid of fouling out than anything.

Fallout 3 on the ps3 was a buggy mess, if it wasn't the most addictive game I had ever played I probably would have shelved it for good after the third time it froze up on me or slowed to a crawl during shootout with raiders. Each review I've read for New Vegas so far says it's more of the same in every way, it's basically a massive expansion of Fallout 3 (not necessarily a bad thing), the graphics are exactly the same and the same bugs, frame rate issues and freeze ups from the last game are there and then some. This is a tremendous disappointment, I'll probably pick it up in the future since I'm sure it's still a wholly enjoyable experience and a few updates and patches will eradicate some of the bugs but I don't have a whole lot of faith that they'll be able clean it up to the point where there will be no incredibly frustrating problems considering they never got around to fixing Fallout 3.

on a lot of gaming forums like gamefaqs u see topics about freezing and glitches.. i havent had a single problem so far about 8 hours into the game.. people talk about long load times, i installed the game to my xbox 360 slims' hard drive and the most i wait on load times is probably 8 seconds.. a game this massive is bound to have glitches, i havent seen anything game-breaking though

You guys are playing the 360 version, I guarantee the PS3 game is far, far worse. I know Gamespot docked the PS3 version of Fallout 3 half a point because of all the glitches and frequent freezing, Bethesda just does a s***ty job working with the PS3 format then when EVERYONE has problems with the game they blame the consumer claiming their game is fine but you just got the disc dirty or your PS3 is overheating which is bulls***. The Point Lookout expansion was almost unplayable due to freezing, if you store items in the motel; after a while it will just freeze up every time you approach the room.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
You guys are playing the 360 version, I guarantee the PS3 game is far, far worse. I know Gamespot docked the PS3 version of Fallout 3 half a point because of all the glitches and frequent freezing, Bethesda just does a s***ty job working with the PS3 format then when EVERYONE has problems with the game they blame the consumer claiming their game is fine but you just got the disc dirty or your PS3 is overheating which is bulls***. The Point Lookout expansion was almost unplayable due to freezing, if you store items in the motel; after a while it will just freeze up every time you approach the room.

Can you download games on to your hard drive on PS3?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 04:32 PM)
Can you download games on to your hard drive on PS3?

It's been required for most games since day 1.

The Fallouts and Oblivion.

I had huge glitches in both Fallout 3 and Oblivion, I'm hoping to avoid them in New Vegas.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
plus it's boring and people who play it smell

You misunderstand my point. Fallout is a great series and Fallout 3 was a very good game (the engine and visuals were great). The writing/dialogue/plot/etc. wasn't nearly as good as the original two Fallouts, but that's bound to happen. New Vegas will probably be more of the same, which is fine.

But anyway, play it on the PC. Fallout is a PC game. Always has been. There's a special place in hell for people that play games like it (say, Halflife 1 or 2) on PS3/360, etc.

Edited by Felix