Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 01:49 AM)
we already had this discussion, Guitar Hero > Rock Band

Real instruments >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> either of those.

I know, I know...totally different. But after playing both...I still would rather have been holding an actual 6 string.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 01:47 PM)
Has anyone used the wireless ethernet adapter for 360 yet? I was thinking about getting one instead of running a long cable through my house.

Any thoughts on them?

I heard they suck... I think you should look somewhere else for a wireless adapter. I have a linksy's one that is especially made for video games. Works perfectly and it's like there is a wire connected from my gaming system to my modem when I use it. It plugs directly into the ethernet plug as well. I'd suggest something like that.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 07:51 PM)
I heard they suck... I think you should look somewhere else for a wireless adapter. I have a linksy's one that is especially made for video games. Works perfectly and it's like there is a wire connected from my gaming system to my modem when I use it. It plugs directly into the ethernet plug as well. I'd suggest something like that.

Yeah, I just went the old fashioned way and ran a 50' ethernet cable through wall in to my room. Works perfectly :)

So what is everyones thoughts on the new Star Wars: The Force Unleashed game that is coming up this summer?

I think it looks pretty sick. I liked what I read about the options they have for Wii users being able to use the nunchuk as a light saber and exclusive content for each system. I can't wait to pick it up on Xbox. Anyways, here is a link to the preview interview as well as some video clips and photos.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/sta...;om_clk=topslot

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 08:25 PM)
So what is everyones thoughts on the new Star Wars: The Force Unleashed game that is coming up this summer?

It's no where on the radar considering how much I'm looking forward to MLB 2k8 and GTA IV!!

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 10:58 PM)
I'm still not sold on MLB 2k8, their previous 2 games have sucked balls. But hopefully what's his face (guy who turned MVP into the greatest baseball game ever, who's name I forget) works some more magic in year 2 with 2k8.

Haven't gotten a new baseball game since they stopped making MVP games. Bastards!

Spoilers for SSBB, the final character list:

up254056.jpg

There are assumed to be two more, one is Wolf from the Star Fox series, and the final one is JigglyPuff. And stages:

● Battlefield (Original)

● Battleship Halberd (Kirby Super Star)

● Bridge of Eldin (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)

● Castle Siege (Fire Emblem)

● Delfino Plaza (Super Mario Sunshine)

● Distant Planet (Pikmin)

● Frigate Orpheon (Metroid Prime)

● Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)

● Lylat Cruise (Star Fox)

● Mario Bros. (Mario Bros.)

● Mario Circuit (Mario Kart)

● Mushroomy Kingdom (Super Mario Bros)

● New Pork City (Mother 3)

● Norfair (Metroid)

● PictoChat (DS)

● Pokémon Stadium 2 (Pokémon)

● Port Town (F-Zero GX)

● Rumble Falls (Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat)

● Shadow Moses Island (Metal Gear Solid)

● Skyworld (Kid Icarus)

● Smashville (Animal Crossing)

● Tetra's Ship (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker)

● The Summit (Ice Climber)

● WarioWare (WarioWare)

● Yoshi's Island (Yoshi's Island)

● Brinstar (Metroid)

● Corneria (Star Fox)

● Final Destination (original)

● Onett (Earthbound)

● Rainbow Ride (Super Mario 64)

● Temple (Zelda II: The Adventure of Link)

● Yoshi's Island (Yoshi's Island)

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 07:41 PM)
Can somebody explain to me what that game is? What is the premise...why all the excitement? Please remember I am new to video game geekery. I'm no stranger to being a geek...just this form of one.

It's basically fanfare to the extreme. All the greatest Video game characters ever gone into one mega game. It helps that the game is damn good too. The last is considered to be one of the greatest games ever by many.

watching those videos of MLB 2k8, it does look pretty sweet. The pitching looks fun and it finally seems they got the fielding down (fielding sounds to be exactly like MVP NCAA)... I just wonder what the hitting will be like. I hope it will be like MVP NCAA. They made that hitting style great.

Rumors are that there is a MVP LEGENDS game slated to come out in June, similar to what 2K did with All-Pro Football. That'd be kinda cool but I'm still disappointed that they are scrapping (or just taking a year off) of the MVP NCAA series.

Hopefully with ESPN supposedly set to have around 30 or so hours of college baseball aired each week, EA will see that there is a bigger market then they thought.

Oh hey, so you get to choose from all of the "greatest characters" and all of the levels are made up from all of those "greatest games"??? That is unbelievably cool! I'm not familiar with many of the games, but if you make these giant world jumps from level to level, then yeah...I think I need this one also! How many different companies had to sign on for this thing to get made?

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 30, 2008 -> 07:56 PM)
up254061.jpg

2d972ag.jpg

amduew.jpg

15oz9t5.jpg

33uvomx.jpg

ff5nhf.jpg

And that's not even 3/4s of the stages. I need this game like now.

That picture of robot under the Sonic level, that is the old Nintendo robot(Roby?) that used to come with the system and "play" against you, right?

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 31, 2008 -> 02:31 PM)
Oh hey, so you get to choose from all of the "greatest characters" and all of the levels are made up from all of those "greatest games"??? That is unbelievably cool! I'm not familiar with many of the games, but if you make these giant world jumps from level to level, then yeah...I think I need this one also! How many different companies had to sign on for this thing to get made?

Konami, Nintendo and Sega are the three who have playable characters. There's more characters from other companies who make appareances throughout the game though. There's probably about 150+ characters somewhere in the game, with 39 of those being playable.

It also comes with short versions of the games in which these characters appeared in.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 31, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
Konami, Nintendo and Sega are the three who have playable characters. There's more characters from other companies who make appareances throughout the game though. There's probably about 150+ characters somewhere in the game, with 39 of those being playable.

It also comes with short versions of the games in which these characters appeared in.

Wow...so Pac-Man's creators and company are real jerks, eh?