Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

If you're looking for a Wii just hit up a Best Buy when they open on a Sunday. You might have to try a couple times, but I've been there a few times the last 6 months or so and they always seemed to have some in stock. They go ubber-quickly though so make sure to get there a little before they open.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 09:27 PM)
Just played the demo for MLB The Show '08. This game might be pretty good.

i did as well on ps3. i only played 2 innings but my initial thought was that it was essentially the same as last years, which i thought was just average. Regardless, i need a baseball game and have never liked 2K so i'll prolly be getting The Show

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 05:07 PM)
Im making progress.. I can now beat Through the Fire and Flames on hard without going into the red or using star power.. slowly but surely I will beat it on expert

You think this guy is sexy

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 02:07 AM)
Anyone got a DS? I'm debating on whether or not I should get one. I really want to get the Final Fantasy game and the newest Zelda. Any advice for other games?

I used to have one(lost it), and I can say that the Zelda on there is top notch. Mario Kart too is a must get.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 07:07 PM)
Anyone got a DS? I'm debating on whether or not I should get one. I really want to get the Final Fantasy game and the newest Zelda. Any advice for other games?

Most definitely. Well worth getting one.

QUOTE(almagest @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 11:52 PM)
Metaknight, Game and Watch, Wind Waker Link, and Marth are top tier. Fox and Falco were nerfed pretty badly. No more wavedash or L-Cancel or down-cancel. Aerial combat seems to have been the main focus. Stages are insane. Can't wait until it comes out here.

(BTW, I used to play Melee competitively)

i dont think Falco/Fox got shafted badly.

I'm a Falco player and though his moveset has changed pretty drastically, i think it's pretty even. He doesnt have the same forward smash and thats sad cuz it was cheap as hell. :) but he has a dash-A attack that it hot as hell and does a ton of damage cuz you can do it repetitively. I still felt good playing him and he MAY stay my main char. Sonic was fun too, got some great combos.

Disagree on G&W being top tier though...

QUOTE(Reddy @ Feb 26, 2008 -> 08:40 AM)
i dont think Falco/Fox got shafted badly.

I'm a Falco player and though his moveset has changed pretty drastically, i think it's pretty even. He doesnt have the same forward smash and thats sad cuz it was cheap as hell. :) but he has a dash-A attack that it hot as hell and does a ton of damage cuz you can do it repetitively. I still felt good playing him and he MAY stay my main char. Sonic was fun too, got some great combos.

Disagree on G&W being top tier though...

I'm gonna go in the way back machine, because I never got a GameCube and the family still doesn't have a Wii, though we will eventually.

Anyways, for historical purposes, how much different was Fox from the N64 version to the GameCube version to the current version? Cuz I definitely dominated everyone with Fox on the 64.

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 26, 2008 -> 08:23 AM)
MVP 05 for PS2 is still the best baseball game ever made without a question.

Anyways, PS3 owners, whatchya gonna get? 2K8 or The Show? I think im gonna go with The Show

I'd like to wait for the 2k demo, but it doesn't even look like that will ever come out. I'm probably gonna get the show.

Im going with the Show I think. I've gotten the last two 2k games and have not been to happy - they're ok, but I hate the hitting and fielding. Everything seems on a delay. I've had a good time with the Show and feel its a pretty comparable to the mvp series (to a point).

I'm also intrigued with the Road to the Show feature - being able to play SS or something sounds pretty cool. I liked that idea with NCAA 2008.

Road to the Show (RTTS) is very fun. I played it for numerous hours last year. The only problem I have is that the minor leagues are very bare and when your in the minors you only face 3-4 different teams in only 3-4 different stadiums. Hopefully by next year they can add 90 minor league teams and more stadiums (like 2K did this year and MVP before them). But none-the-less, it is very fun.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 26, 2008 -> 11:32 AM)
I'm gonna go in the way back machine, because I never got a GameCube and the family still doesn't have a Wii, though we will eventually.

Anyways, for historical purposes, how much different was Fox from the N64 version to the GameCube version to the current version? Cuz I definitely dominated everyone with Fox on the 64.

fox was my boy in the 64 game too - and i still play with a fox clone (falco). his general moveset is similar but obviously everythings faster along with some new moves, but i'd say he plays essentially the same way.