Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just won back to back cups with the hawks in nhl 08.........in 2012 and 13. These weren't cups because the difficulty was too low either, both were just a blast to play and back and forth. (I only play saturday regular season games, sim the rest, then play the playoffs). I've had such realistic results with this game it's been amazing. This has gone down as the only videogame where I've wanted my 2nd championship more than the 1st.

QUOTE(SnB @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 02:55 AM)
just won back to back cups with the hawks in nhl 08.........in 2012 and 13. These weren't cups because the difficulty was too low either, both were just a blast to play and back and forth. (I only play saturday regular season games, sim the rest, then play the playoffs). I've had such realistic results with this game it's been amazing. This has gone down as the only videogame where I've wanted my 2nd championship more than the 1st.

I hope you have the updated rosters -- By-fuuug-lin's slap shot is f***ing awesome in that game. I score at least half of my goals online with a Byfuglien slap shot that the goalie gets a piece of but it ends up trickling in.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha sweet (for GTAIV);

Apparently there's a comedy club in-game, and you can watch real comedians perform routines, including none other than Ricky Gervais of The Office and Extras fame!

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 12:18 AM)
Haha sweet (for GTAIV);

Hah, thats nice...I'm looking forward to GTA4, I may even break my longstanding tradition of buying games and letting them sit unopened for 3-4 months. I still have Link's Crossbow Training, Ghost Squad, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and Emergency Mayhem unopened for the Wii, and Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and Burnout Paradise for the 360 to open as well.

I need more hours in the day.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 07:52 AM)
I need more hours in the day.

I too need more hours in the day. I've had this game pre-ordered for a few months, and all signs point to it being one of the best ever. I wonder how many people will spare Gervais's life?

Holy crap, GTA IV is supposedly going to have the best multiplayer available... along with the best game. I've got mine pre-ordered. The different multiplayer games look awesome and can be read about at IGN.

I've inserted the below image to give everyone an idea. 16 people can play online in one environment and raise hell or enforce the law. As you can see below, this group of online hoodlums decided to jump for the water below to escape. The possibilities for the online multiplayer will be endless and I can't wait until Tuesday! (4/29) This is seriously going to be the most immersive and massive game of all time.

grand-theft-auto-iv-20080423022819359_64

Here's another screen shot from the online multiplayer.

grand-theft-auto-iv-20080423022823890_64

Also, from one of the developers...

How large is this Liberty City compared to the version in GTA III?

Garbut: In terms of pure landmass its roughly three times as big. But it's far more dense, varied and detailed. I didn't actually realize how much more dense and detailed until I reminded myself just now by overlaying the two maps. There is so much more of everything in GTAIV.

BWAHAHAHA, from the Cops and Robbers online game, lol. I don't know which would be more fun, flying the copter to catch the crook or being the crook. This game is going to be monumental.

grand-theft-auto-iv-20080423022839921_64

Edited by Steve9347

GTA4 scores:

1UP.com: A+

Empire: 5/5

Eurogamer: 10/10

GameInformer: 10/10

GameSpy: 5/5

GamesRadar (360): 10/10

GamesRadar (PS3): 10/10

IGN UK: 10/10

IGN US: 10/10

LEVEL: 10/10

OPM UK: 10/10

OPM US: 5/5

OXM UK: 10/10

PSM3 France: 20/20

PSW: 10/10

TeamXbox: 10/10

EGM: A+, A+, A

GameTrailers: 9.8/10

Xbox World 360: 98%

CVG: 9.5/10

OXM US: 9.5/10

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 27, 2008 -> 01:19 PM)
GTA4 scores:

1UP.com: A+

Empire: 5/5

Eurogamer: 10/10

GameInformer: 10/10

GameSpy: 5/5

GamesRadar (360): 10/10

GamesRadar (PS3): 10/10

IGN UK: 10/10

IGN US: 10/10

LEVEL: 10/10

OPM UK: 10/10

OPM US: 5/5

OXM UK: 10/10

PSM3 France: 20/20

PSW: 10/10

TeamXbox: 10/10

EGM: A+, A+, A

GameTrailers: 9.8/10

Xbox World 360: 98%

CVG: 9.5/10

OXM US: 9.5/10

no one could possibly have any interest in buying this game!

I think im in the minority here, but i just dont understand the draw. I've owned the previous three versions and I always got tired of it after about 1/4 of the way through the game. I'd imagine i'll get it eventually, but i'm certainly not gonna rush out at 12 tues to pick it up.

Mario Kart Wii is solid, as to be expected. I really like the online play. Now if only we can get Goldeneye and Mario Tennis on the Virtual Console, my Wii experience would be complete.

Bought and played Mario Kart today myself. The online playing is pretty good, though I sucked at it. Played the single player version and unlocked a few things, its an overall solid game.

GTAIV I will get this week, but I'm in no rush. I have still 5 unopened games for the 360/Wii sitting here gathering dust. It took me 3+ months to open Burnout Paradise alone, which is quite a fun game IMO.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 27, 2008 -> 09:23 PM)
I think im in the minority here, but i just dont understand the draw. I've owned the previous three versions and I always got tired of it after about 1/4 of the way through the game. I'd imagine i'll get it eventually, but i'm certainly not gonna rush out at 12 tues to pick it up.

You think?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 27, 2008 -> 03:23 PM)

Mario Kart Wii is solid, as to be expected. I really like the online play. Now if only we can get Goldeneye and Mario Tennis on the Virtual Console, my Wii experience would be complete.

I feel the same way. I can't get into any of the GTAs. I think it's because I have no attention span in that game -- I'll do a mission or two, then wonder how far the bodies will fly if I shoot rockets at people from the top of a building. Or I'll try to drive a car into a police helicopter. By that point I've already wasted an hour.

Today reiterated that not much is as fun as Smash Bros. with 3 friends. Picking up Mario Kart now w/ my $25 Amazon gift certificate. Also highly recommend Gamefly for pretty much anyone.