Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How is the online in GTA? Like how many people are on at once? Is it one big MMORPG type world online? I'm curious cuz if the online feature is something i really look for in games. I'm not huge into single player stuff, i bore of it quickly (even Oblivion i finally put down without beating it)

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 2, 2008 -> 11:34 AM)
How is the online in GTA? Like how many people are on at once? Is it one big MMORPG type world online? I'm curious cuz if the online feature is something i really look for in games. I'm not huge into single player stuff, i bore of it quickly (even Oblivion i finally put down without beating it)

GTA IV is one of the more enjoyable Online games that I've played on the 360. 15 different modes, including all the normal 'gank or be ganked' type team stuff. The most fun one that I've found so far is "Cops and Robbers" where one team of 8 plays the cops, the other team of 8 plays a mafia style group trying to get the boss to an escape vehicle.

I was watching the NBA Finals videos for the 6 bulls championships over the weekend, and got really nostalgic, so I decided to try to create Michael Jordan in NBA 2k8.

Since the creating a player thing is ridiculously weird in NBA 2k8 though, it came out looking dumb. However, there are much nerdier persons than I online, and I managed to find the instructions to creating Jordan.

jordan4.jpg

His first game? 43 points (on 50% shooting), 11 boards, and 10 assists en route to being named PoG.

This alone has renewed my interest in this game. Since we never got to actually play as Jordan in his heyday due to "MJ in the Windy City" and him being excluded from games, let's just say I'm loving it. It's weird to have him running with Kirk and Joakim though...

This lessens the sting of the realization that I just needn't be spending my quality time playing GTA IV anymore. eBay $55 so at least I covered most of my investment.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 5, 2008 -> 08:59 AM)
I was watching the NBA Finals videos for the 6 bulls championships over the weekend, and got really nostalgic, so I decided to try to create Michael Jordan in NBA 2k8.

Since the creating a player thing is ridiculously weird in NBA 2k8 though, it came out looking dumb. However, there are much nerdier persons than I online, and I managed to find the instructions to creating Jordan.

jordan4.jpg

His first game? 43 points (on 50% shooting), 11 boards, and 10 assists en route to being named PoG.

This alone has renewed my interest in this game. Since we never got to actually play as Jordan in his heyday due to "MJ in the Windy City" and him being excluded from games, let's just say I'm loving it. It's weird to have him running with Kirk and Joakim though...

This lessens the sting of the realization that I just needn't be spending my quality time playing GTA IV anymore. eBay $55 so at least I covered most of my investment.

sold your game already? :huh:

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 5, 2008 -> 12:02 PM)
sold your game already? :huh:

Yup. Realized if I am embarrassed playing a game in front of my wife, I don't need it.

To be honest, GTA IV was not nearly the breakthrough as many reviewers have claimed. It's fun, sure, but it's largely the same game as previous entries in the franchise.

Let's just say I'd rather drop 40 with Micheal than shoot up strip clubs. I guess I've evolved!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 5, 2008 -> 11:08 AM)
Let's just say I'd rather drop 40 with Micheal than shoot up strip clubs. I guess I've evolved!

:lolhitting Yeah I hear ya. I have to admit, when my 35 year old cousin was talking in detail about playing it, I kinda laughed in my head how silly he was making himself out to be.

So for those with GTA IV, what are you supposed to spend money on? I'm about 40% through the game and have over 400K. Seems to me it's sort of worthless to have so much money with nothing to spend it on.

Also, do you ever get to invite anyone to your crib? I've got a sweet penthouse on the northside of the middle island (Algonquin maybe?) but it too feels useless without the ability to get people to come over, especially with the hot tub outside.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 7, 2008 -> 08:32 AM)
So for those with GTA IV, what are you supposed to spend money on? I'm about 40% through the game and have over 400K. Seems to me it's sort of worthless to have so much money with nothing to spend it on.

Also, do you ever get to invite anyone to your crib? I've got a sweet penthouse on the northside of the middle island (Algonquin maybe?) but it too feels useless without the ability to get people to come over, especially with the hot tub outside.

Buy a s*** ton of guns and ammo. Thats mainly what its for IMO. You can buy clothes and food as well.

"PS3 V1.01 Patch released.

This patch does not fix the freezing issue that happens to people who crash in the intro. This patch only fixes networking issues and will only apply to those who had to sign out of PSN in order to prevent the game from crashing. No 360 patch so far. Here are the patch notes:"

f*** you Rockstar.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 11, 2008 -> 11:33 AM)
does banging that Michele chick and hanging out with Roman actually do anything or is it just crap they threw into the game?

Hanging out with Roman builds trust and he'll sell you stuff cheaper.

The Michele banging is just entertainment, I believe.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 11, 2008 -> 10:43 AM)
Hanging out with Roman builds trust and he'll sell you stuff cheaper.

The Michele banging is just entertainment, I believe.

Supposedly the more friends/girlfriends you make the easier the game plays because they give you benefits. For example, you can meet a woman that works as a Public Defender and she can take heat off you if you call her. Roman can give you a free car service. That's all I know of now. I'd imagine there are more later.

Anyone beaten the game yet? I think after like 20 hours I'm only 40% complete.

Know anyone who wants a 360 or want one yourself?

I'll trade my extremely lightly used XBOX 360 (with a three year warranty from Best Buy purchased in December, which means if you ever get the red lights of death you just take it to BB and they hand you a new one, just keep the harddrive) along with two controllers (one wireless), an HDMI cable, Live headset, and two games (Tiger Woods 07 and NBA 2k8) for a decent treadmill in excellent shape that has a digital display.

The 360 is in mint condition and is the Premium version, so I'd expect the treadmill to be in mint condition.

PM or email me at [email protected] if you are interested. We can exchange pictures OF THE PRODUCTS lolhitting.gif to see what's up.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 12, 2008 -> 06:09 PM)
Know anyone who wants a 360 or want one yourself?

I'll trade my extremely lightly used XBOX 360 (with a three year warranty from Best Buy purchased in December, which means if you ever get the red lights of death you just take it to BB and they hand you a new one, just keep the harddrive) along with two controllers (one wireless), an HDMI cable, Live headset, and two games (Tiger Woods 07 and NBA 2k8) for a decent treadmill in excellent shape that has a digital display.

The 360 is in mint condition and is the Premium version, so I'd expect the treadmill to be in mint condition.

PM or email me at [email protected] if you are interested. We can exchange pictures OF THE PRODUCTS lolhitting.gif to see what's up.

here is a link where you might be able to make a trade http://chicago.craigslist.org/bar/

you should just trade your 360 for a wii and a wii fit ;) http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-RVLRRFNE-Wi...t/dp/B000VJRU44

Edited by rangercal

Does anyone know if it is worth it to buy the HDMI cable for the 360? I have a Samusung 40" LCD, and the graphics are great. My buddy told me that while playing GTA 4, having the HDMI cable will make it easier to see on the game. Sometimes it gets pretty hard at night. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ May 13, 2008 -> 09:49 AM)
Does anyone know if it is worth it to buy the HDMI cable for the 360? I have a Samusung 40" LCD, and the graphics are great. My buddy told me that while playing GTA 4, having the HDMI cable will make it easier to see on the game. Sometimes it gets pretty hard at night. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help

My friend and I both have the same, 40" LCD Samsung television. I have my 360 hooked up with HDMI, while he has his with the cords that came with the system.

The difference is striking. The games look so much better on my television.

I highly recommend it for you.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 13, 2008 -> 10:42 AM)
My friend and I both have the same, 40" LCD Samsung television. I have my 360 hooked up with HDMI, while he has his with the cords that came with the system.

The difference is striking. The games look so much better on my television.

I highly recommend it for you.

Thanks for the help! Now is there a bunch of types of cables to choose from, or do I just buy the XBox one?

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ May 13, 2008 -> 03:46 PM)
Thanks for the help! Now is there a bunch of types of cables to choose from, or do I just buy the XBox one?

I think the XBOX 360 one is the only one that hooks into the 360 itself. That's the one I have anyway.