Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 10:50 PM)
Anyone get their PS3 ruined by the new update?

nope, and I think the new update is awesome. I love how you can now go to the title screen while in the middle of a game. One thing I always hated was not being able to communicate with my buddies during CoD4.

Hey my XBOXLive name is Craz33Carl, lemme get some of yours so if I see you on we can play something..

I only got COD4 and MLB2k8 right now but ill have NCAA in a few days and might pick up some more stuff later on if I hear of anything worth playing online..

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 12:27 PM)
e3 starts today with Microsoft going first. Nintendo and Sony go tomorrow, but Nintendo did have an awesome announcement today. The Wii MotionPlus, which provides 1:1 motion feedback:

lApMjLBYdw7v2ATJbBTQ1lLHPs4jxMFx.jpg

The wireless nunchuk is pretty sweet too, although Nyko is getting sued because of it

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 12:44 PM)
Anybody here playing or played Mass Effect? if so what achievements are you working on?

I'm trying to get into the game...I've loved everything BioWare has done in the past, so it's a matter of getting into the storyline, but the beginning of the game always just drags out so long. When I figure it out, I'll let you know.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 01:44 PM)
Anybody here playing or played Mass Effect? if so what achievements are you working on?

I played it and beat it. Was thinking of downloading the extra content (Bring Down the Sky I think?)

Story starts off a little slow but gets pretty fun. Very entertaining game and very stunning in HD.

I really enjoyed it and hope they have a sequel (or better yet a Knights of the Old Republic) slated.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 05:38 PM)
Is Mass Effect a solid game to rent and just hammer out in a few days?

I said above I haven't gotten much into it, but if it's anything like Knights of the Old Republic, you'll be playing it for atleast a week, and that's if you are the most hardcore of gamers. Probably 2-4 weeks will get it done.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 07:03 PM)
I played it and beat it. Was thinking of downloading the extra content (Bring Down the Sky I think?)

Story starts off a little slow but gets pretty fun. Very entertaining game and very stunning in HD.

I really enjoyed it and hope they have a sequel (or better yet a Knights of the Old Republic) slated.

It was planned to be a trilogy from jump. They're already working on the sequel, same team that did Mass Effect.

Since you beat the game and know what happens I think you'll know what I'm talking about when I say there's a lot more to do storyline-wise.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 04:59 PM)
I'm trying to get into the game...I've loved everything BioWare has done in the past, so it's a matter of getting into the storyline, but the beginning of the game always just drags out so long. When I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Once you become a Spectre, then leave the Citadel, the game really gets underway. The Citadel is kinda boring though, I agree.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 07:38 PM)
Is Mass Effect a solid game to rent and just hammer out in a few days?

It depends. If you go straight through the storyline it only takes about 8-10 hours of actual game time assuming you don't die a lot. If you do all the side quests it takes 2-3 times as long. The side quests get kind of repetitive though, you can see where the devs just got tired of designing levels, or ran out of storage space or something.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 15, 2008 -> 07:05 AM)
As soon as anyone gets or plays NCAA please report how it is. Im pretty sure I will buy it anyway I would just like to know if I want to get it sooner or later.

I am going to get NCAA right now and will let you know how it be

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 15, 2008 -> 07:20 AM)
It was planned to be a trilogy from jump. They're already working on the sequel, same team that did Mass Effect.

Since you beat the game and know what happens I think you'll know what I'm talking about when I say there's a lot more to do storyline-wise.

Ok, I was kinda hoping that this was the case. That's excellent news.

Agreed, the story has a lot of potential to expand on after the first game.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jul 15, 2008 -> 11:11 AM)
Ok, I was kinda hoping that this was the case. That's excellent news.

Agreed, the story has a lot of potential to expand on after the first game.

And there isn't just the whole thing with the reapers, for example, the batarians are a major part of the back story and they were barely even touched. You don't even see a batarian unless you download the expansion.

NCAA is pretty good, the game looks great and the running game is much better..

I just beat this kid 45-15 online with South Carolina AT Texas, it was awesome..

We need to get an online dynasty going

QUOTE (Shadows @ Jul 15, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
NCAA is pretty good, the game looks great and the running game is much better..

I just beat this kid 45-15 online with South Carolina AT Texas, it was awesome..

We need to get an online dynasty going

We definitely need to get an online dynasty going, I just got home so I haven't played...but sign me up.