Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

e3 Round-up. Not my words, but a good summary.

Sony:

PS3 80GB to replace 40GB from September, at $399

PSN movie and TV video distribution starting TONIGHT. Rental and Purchases. SD and HD. Warner, Disney, Fox, Liongate, Sony Picture and more. Useable on multiple devices including PSP.

PS3 Greatest Hits - $29.99 includes Resistance, Ninja Gaiden, Assasssin's Creed and more..

They sped through about 40 PS3 games, about 22 of them exclusives, new stuff on Resistance 2, LBP etc.

Newly announced exclusives include:

- Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty (new seperate, shorter R&C game for $14.99

- God of War 3, CG Teaser, 2009

- MAG - Massive Action Game from Zipper, 256 players, 8-player squads, coming 09

- DC Universe (SOE MMO)

- Pain: Amusement Park (PSN)

New PSP games - Resistance (from Sony Bend), Super Stardust, Buzz and more..

New PS2 Bundle coming, Lego Batman + Movie DVD for $149.99

Life with Playstation coming by end of month - google news, weather and webcam feeds

Microsoft:

Space Reserved for the big news =)

RE5 worldwide March 12th 2009

Fallout 3 this October

Fable 2 this Fall

Gears of War 2: November 7 2008

Banjo Kazooie HOLIDAY

Viva Pinata 2 HOLIDAY

NBC and Universal coming to the Marketplace

Megatons

New Dashboard

New bunch of party games and seamless experience (UNO RUSH: one wow)

GEOMETRY WARS 2!

South Park, Galaga 2

NETFLIX

Banjo Kazooie 1 and 2 on XBLA!

LIPS confirmed

Nintendo:

NEWS

Wii:

Shaun White Snowboarding (uses balance board)

Animal Crossing: City Folk

Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV Party

CoD5 shown

Star Wars: The Clone Wars, head to head lightsaber duels, no motionplus? WTF

DS:

Guitar Hero: On Tour Decades, song sharing between versions

Spore Creatures shown

new Pokemon Rangers - november 10th

---------

MEGATONS

Wii:

Wii MotionPlus -- 1:1 motion control add-on

Wii Speak - VOICE CHAT biggrin.gif

Wii Sports Resort (Wii Sports 2)next spring w/ MotionPlus packed in, disc dog, mii wave race, sword fighting :o

DS:

GTA: Chinatown Wars - free roaming in liberty city

---------

NEGATONS:

Wii Music

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

Hey GT, do you think the new wii motionsensor only works with games designed to use that? Or does it just increase overall sensitivity on any game?

I was just thinking that you can use that for the Wii Wheel, it wont fit in the mold

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 15, 2008 -> 10:37 PM)
wii speak would be great. it's so frustrating to play friends on mario kart wii and never be able to talk trash.

i'm interested with this motion plus thing. i never really noticed that the original remotes were all that bad.

Me neither. In fact, I was really surprised at the response while playing Mariokart.

Im wondering why Wii Music was listed under Negaton. All the reviews I was reading had good things to say about it (88 instruments available, using the balance board as drums, etc)

I want to see some of the new games coming up in the next couple of days

Been playing NCAA 2009 for a week now, really enjoy it. Only a couple of issues so far:

1) The roster bug. Apparently EA is going to fix it, but right now if you have named rosters and edit them in any way you can corrupt the game. Not cool. Have heard there's online dynasty bugs as well, but don't really know the specifics.

2) Punt/Kick Returns. Way too easy to house these, even on Heisman. Armando Allen is not this good, heh.

Outside of that the game's been pretty good. I really like the new quickcall feature in recruiting...saves a ton of time. Also love the fact that linebackers don't jump 4 feet in the air now and pick everything off. Game seems pretty balanced, and I have been having some competitive games against the CPU on Heisman so that's cool as well

Overall, think it's a quality game and helps fill the time before actual football begins.

My gamertag is Fotop if someone is going to set a dynasty up. Figure we should decide on a conference though...assuming most here would want to do big ten? (Being an ND fan, I could careless which conf. we play so don't worry about me)

QUOTE (Fotop @ Jul 21, 2008 -> 12:03 PM)
My gamertag is Fotop if someone is going to set a dynasty up. Figure we should decide on a conference though...assuming most here would want to do big ten? (Being an ND fan, I could careless which conf. we play so don't worry about me)

Doesn't really matter what conference to me, just wanna get one rolling

QUOTE (Shadows @ Jul 21, 2008 -> 10:23 AM)
ONLINE DYNASTY

Lets get one going, don't lie to me teGGy I see your ass on all the time

Haha thats because I'm trying to keep up with the online dynasty with my friends. But yeah i'm for sure up for another, its fun as hell.

• 2 weeks later...

Basically Activision merged with Vivendi-Blizzard awhile back and now Activision doesn't feel like publishing any of Vivendi's titles. So despite being essentially GB3, having a big budget, and being basically done, it is in limbo right now. They could try to find another publisher, but in the very least it doesn't look like it's going to be out this year.

I just got around to beating GTA4 ... i started playing it earlier this week, before then I had not played it since May 24th due to my xbox overheating when i played it so i decided it was bad to play it.

MLB has finally gotten me bored since i played it a lot and finished most of what made it interesting for me, NHL 08 is still decent to play for some reason, I think because something different can happen each game. COD I can not play for like longer then an hour or i get real annoyed with it.

Needless to say it is time to get some new games, I have always lived by NCAA, but did not get it and dont know if I want to. Madden comes out soon, I said i wouldnt buy it but after playing the demo I think I'll rent it since i was disappointed with last years. The only games I am really looking forward to now is NHL 09(Sept 9) and COD5(Nov 11). So I dont know if I should buy one of Madden or NCAA til then or not.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 07:13 PM)
What are some good multi-player games for the PS3, aside from sports games? I'm finally going to pick up a PS3!!

Also, I don't know if it makes a difference because online is the way to go these days, but does the offline multi-player suffer?

I would highly recommend SOCOM: Confrontation. It comes out September 16th i believe. I have always loved that series (until CA, at least) and the devs have promised it would be more like S2 than S3, which IMO is the absolute right way to go. Its online only, by the way

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 09:50 AM)
I would highly recommend SOCOM: Confrontation. It comes out September 16th i believe. I have always loved that series (until CA, at least) and the devs have promised it would be more like S2 than S3, which IMO is the absolute right way to go. Its online only, by the way

Yes! When Socom and Socom II were out, me and buddies would stay up til 3am to play online together. That was fun. I did NOT like Socom 3 at all and than is when we started playing. We went back to Socom II a bit but there were so many cheaters. Not nearly as many as the first one, but a lot.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
Yes! When Socom and Socom II were out, me and buddies would stay up til 3am to play online together. That was fun. I did NOT like Socom 3 at all and than is when we started playing. We went back to Socom II a bit but there were so many cheaters. Not nearly as many as the first one, but a lot.

Socom 1 pre-cheaters > all the other socoms

Seriously, i was in the same boat. If i didnt have anything to do i'd be up till 3 or 4 AM just playing in clan wars or whatever. S2 was good too but not quite the same. The hit detection system in S1 was perfect, i dont know why they had to change it. I remember being involved in some epic matches on gamebattles haha. I didnt play S3 much, got bored quickly, so i'm really hoping Confrontation is good. Frostfire and Desert Glory are back too! It'd be awesome if they brought back Abandoned, Rats Nest and The Ruins too IMO.