Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

I have a question for all you gamers: XBox 360 or Playstation 3? I sold my Wii last year and I'm looking to get one of those systems. Which system is better for sports games, particularly MLB 2K9?

EDIT: I'm just going to open up a poll to help me decide.

Edited by jenks45monster

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (jenks45monster @ Dec 23, 2008 -> 05:22 PM)
I have a question for all you gamers: XBox 360 or Playstation 3? I sold my Wii last year and I'm looking to get one of those systems. Which system is better for sports games, particularly MLB 2K9?

EDIT: I'm just going to open up a poll to help me decide.

the best baseball game for the new platforms IMO is MLB 08: The Show.....soon to be MLB 09: The Show....and they're only for PS3/PS2/PSP

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 25, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
After playing with my little cousins Nintendo Wii today, I need one.

I've played the wii a few times...couple good games, couple great games, and some bad ones. I've never felt the need to have one. Just my feeling though.

Edited by TheBlackSox8

QUOTE (TheBlackSox8 @ Dec 25, 2008 -> 11:28 PM)
I've played the wii a few times...couple good games, couple great games, and some bad ones. I've never felt the need to have one. Just my feeling though.

We played bowling all day. I am destined to get a 300 game. If/when I do, I would never play again. I would probably be better off getting a PS3 when the price comes down.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 26, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)
I was playing Madden the other day and someone moved the Xbox360. The Xbox360 scratched the Madden disc. Anyone have this happen and successfully fix the disc?

happened to my nhl 09 disc, nothing you can do.

well, i smashed my disc into like 60 pieces, i suppose you could do that too.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 26, 2008 -> 09:27 AM)
We played bowling all day. I am destined to get a 300 game. If/when I do, I would never play again. I would probably be better off getting a PS3 when the price comes down.

My wife is so good at bowling that it's not even any fun to play against her. She kicks my ass all up and down that thing.

I just bought Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for the 360. I'm starting on Saints Row 2 finally, after I forced my stepdaughter to get it back after I figured out her lame-assed plot to "steal" it. Maybe it's just me, but this game really seems graphically scaled back a little from the first Saints Row. It's still a lot of fun though, I loved the first game.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 28, 2008 -> 04:02 PM)
I just bought Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for the 360. I'm starting on Saints Row 2 finally, after I forced my stepdaughter to get it back after I figured out her lame-assed plot to "steal" it. Maybe it's just me, but this game really seems graphically scaled back a little from the first Saints Row. It's still a lot of fun though, I loved the first game.

GTA IV > Saints Row 2

QUOTE (ScottPodRulez22 @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 03:05 AM)
GTA IV > Saints Row 2

That's neither here nor there, I got GTA IV midnight on the day it came out. I'm actually pretty disappointed in that game FWIW. Something just didn't feel right.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 05:55 AM)
That's neither here nor there, I got GTA IV midnight on the day it came out. I'm actually pretty disappointed in that game FWIW. Something just didn't feel right.

Not enough Ho's and Guns? Random beatdowns just dont give you that fuzzy feeling anymore? ;)

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 07:55 AM)
Not enough Ho's and Guns? Random beatdowns just dont give you that fuzzy feeling anymore? ;)

Ha, well there's plenty of that.

In SR2 I made a female character and took her to the mall and put on a g-string and some pasties. lol. You can do missions and watch cutscenes dressed like a stripper. Score.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 26, 2008 -> 01:36 PM)
I was playing Madden the other day and someone moved the Xbox360. The Xbox360 scratched the Madden disc. Anyone have this happen and successfully fix the disc?

You can find places to send your disc off to; this happened to my copy of Dead Rising and I got it fixed no problems but I can't recall where

I have heard so many different disc fixing "techniques". From waxing your cd with car polish, giving the cd the old *huff* and rub it on your shirt, a disc doctor, lens cloth, there are so many different ways to do it.

The best thing to do is the buy a used one and bring it back and say it was scratched ;)

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 01:35 PM)
After getting Quantum of solace for Christmas I am now seeing how absolutely awful the Wii is.

That's what you get for getting s***bomb games like Quantum of Solace (which I'm betting by the 360 rating of 5.5 just sucked across all platforms) that don't take advantage of the greatness of the Wii. My library is filled with great games that take advantage of what makes the Wii awesome.

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 07:35 PM)
After getting Quantum of solace for Christmas I am now seeing how absolutely awful the Wii is.

Don't blame the Wii for that, blame terrible development.

106n8n5.jpg

Is that water? My god. There were better water effects in 1993. Quite literally.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 04:31 PM)
Is that water? My god. There were better water effects in 1993. Quite literally.

Try 1989

super-mario-bros-3-screenshot-water.jpg

I don't see why you'd rip a system for getting a s***ty game. Honestly. Are you running out to get "Bolt" for XBOX 360?

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 04:30 PM)
That's what you get for getting s***bomb games like Quantum of Solace (which I'm betting by the 360 rating of 5.5 just sucked across all platforms) that don't take advantage of the greatness of the Wii. My library is filled with great games that take advantage of what makes the Wii awesome.

So what did Santa bring?

I got blitzed by the 13 and under nieces and daughter Wii games, but its not that bad.

Animal Crossing(with Wii Speak, which I fully intend to use when The Conduit comes out)

Littlest Pet Shop(just dont ;) She is 8 )

Wii Music (not as hideous as described, but not as decent/good as i would like)

LEGO Batman(this one is alllll mine)

Rayman Raving Rabids(Marioparty-esque)

Nights: Journey of Dreams(no idea)

Cooking Mama(lol)

The Wii had a terrible holiday line-up in 2008 so I will blame it for that. Granted, Nintendo has released it's big 5 (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Smash and Kart) since the Wii's launch so it is hard to blame them. The ball is now in the 3rd parties court and their effort is so far looking good for 2009. I also want to see what Nintendo has in store for their other AAA franchise like F-Zero, Pikmin, and Kirby and Star Fox too.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood