Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 31, 2008 -> 10:19 AM)
It's an ok system, but I do use my psp much more for media than games (thanks to the link with the ps3). It's nice to be able to stream a movie over the net from my ps3 while at a family gathering.

The game selection has been poor, and for that I'm not sure. God of War was great, the Syphon Filter games were great, and most of the sports games (especially baseball and hot shots golf) are also great, but otherwise there just hasn't been much out there to choose from.

Werent those ports though? Or were they both original PSP titles?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 31, 2008 -> 10:19 AM)
It's nice to be able to stream a movie over the net from my ps3 while at a family gathering.

Yes, we wouldn't want to have to visit with loved ones, would we? Better watch The Big Lebowski for the 9th time instead!

I am trying to beat the LEGO Batman game. So much back and forth, so many little things to do to beat the game. It isnt hard at all, but I am definitely having fun finding everything. After this game, Im going to get the Star Wars and Indiana Jones games and beat them as well

So my gf is amazingly awesome and got me a 360 for xmas. I now have all three consoles and no life (yay to being half unemployed). I picked up Fable II and Age of Booty (arcade game). Both are loads of fun. After a week or so of playing, I'll give the 360 props for the streamlined look and the ease of playing online with friends, but I still feel the ps3 is a better total multimedia package. Anyone have any recommendations for 360 exclusives? I'm not a big Halo fan, but I thought I might eventually pick up Gears 2.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 5, 2009 -> 12:11 PM)
So my gf is amazingly awesome and got me a 360 for xmas. I now have all three consoles and no life (yay to being half unemployed). I picked up Fable II and Age of Booty (arcade game). Both are loads of fun. After a week or so of playing, I'll give the 360 props for the streamlined look and the ease of playing online with friends, but I still feel the ps3 is a better total multimedia package. Anyone have any recommendations for 360 exclusives? I'm not a big Halo fan, but I thought I might eventually pick up Gears 2.

Mass Effect

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 5, 2009 -> 11:11 AM)

Start with the first Gears, but past that if you don't like Halo, there aren't many exclusives outside of Mass Effect.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 5, 2009 -> 12:29 PM)
Start with the first Gears, but past that if you don't like Halo, there aren't many exclusives outside of Mass Effect.

Unless you're talking about relatively new, multiplatinum-selling games, I don't know what you mean by that. The majority of the blockbuster games come out on both systems anyway, and IMO I don't know why I would want to go exclusive if I was a developer anyway unless I was guaranteed a s***-ton of cash up front.

Here is a list of exclusives that have come out on all 3 systems in the past couple of years, it's old though. http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=6759

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 5, 2009 -> 11:40 AM)
Unless you're talking about relatively new, multiplatinum-selling games, I don't know what you mean by that.

I was basically saying that if you don't like Halo, and you're unsure about Gears, and you already have a PS3, you're probably not going to see much of a benefit of also having a 360.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 5, 2009 -> 03:40 PM)
I was basically saying that if you don't like Halo, and you're unsure about Gears, and you already have a PS3, you're probably not going to see much of a benefit of also having a 360.

In that case then yeah, I agree. It's the main reason I don't have a PS3 right now. Not that I don't like it or don't want one, but because there's no real need for me to get it and almost everything I want I can get on the 360 already.

I don't get why someone hasn't come up with the brilliant idea to put arcade games on the Wii (with original arcade graphics, not that Turtles II NES port). Three games I'd pay honestly any amount for would be:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I see XBLA has this, dammit, too bad would honestly love it on the Wii. F***!)

teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles-turtles_in_

The Simpsons Arcade Game

Simpsons.jpg

X-Men: Arcade

xmenarcade-1.jpg

Honestly... myself and 3 others, I could see us playing these games all night with pizza delivery and all that jazz. It'd be so fun. I guarantee these would be high sellers.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 5, 2009 -> 08:27 PM)
I don't get why someone hasn't come up with the brilliant idea to put arcade games on the Wii (with original arcade graphics, not that Turtles II NES port). Three games I'd pay honestly any amount for would be:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I see XBLA has this, dammit, too bad would honestly love it on the Wii. F***!)

teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles-turtles_in_

The Simpsons Arcade Game

Simpsons.jpg

X-Men: Arcade

xmenarcade-1.jpg

Honestly... myself and 3 others, I could see us playing these games all night with pizza delivery and all that jazz. It'd be so fun. I guarantee these would be high sellers.

I remember going to the arcade and wasting tokens upon tokens on all of these games.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 6, 2009 -> 12:07 AM)
I remember going to the arcade and wasting tokens upon tokens on all of these games.

Indeed. The Simpsons and X Men games were definitely great arcade games. I just remember beating the Turtles game about a million times on Super Nintendo as it would only take like a hour.

Remember the insane lines of kids waiting to play Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, Tekken, etc? There was always one kid that got there early, paid his 50 cents and never had to pay the rest of the time he was there because he was that good, and whooped everyones butt.

My ex college roomate was like that. He had a 100+ page printout of every move you could do on Killer Instinct and he memorized that thing.

Has anyone else had any problems with Gears of War 2? I keep getting a "unreadable disc" message when I play. It happens at random. I exchanged it for a new one, but same problem. No other game has this problem on my Xbox.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 6, 2009 -> 06:58 AM)
Remember the insane lines of kids waiting to play Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, Tekken, etc? There was always one kid that got there early, paid his 50 cents and never had to pay the rest of the time he was there because he was that good, and whooped everyones butt.

My ex college roomate was like that. He had a 100+ page printout of every move you could do on Killer Instinct and he memorized that thing.

Yes. I remember being good enough to beat the other kids my age, then someone 16 year old would get on and destroy me.

I kinda miss spending countless hours at the arcade.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 6, 2009 -> 01:26 PM)
Yes. I remember being good enough to beat the other kids my age, then someone 16 year old would get on and destroy me.

I kinda miss spending countless hours at the arcade.

The true arcade, where your mind was blown that a game could look that good... those are dead. Kid's these days have no idea what they missed.