Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 06:41 PM)
Can not wait for Killzone 2

I just this on Slickdeals.net; its not much, but will save you a few bucks

Amazon has Killzone 2 For Playstation 3 (Preorder) for $57 - $5 coupon KZ2SAVE5 = $52 with free shipping. Thanks H00t

Note, the game is scheduled to be released on February 27, 2009 with an expected retail price of $60. Amazon preorder will give you access to some exclusive costume content for your characters.

Edited by smalls2598

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (onedude @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 09:11 PM)
Soxtalk / PSN screen name

onedude - onedude84

Soxbadger - Soxbadger

Kalapse - K_A_L_A_P_S_E

RockRaines - THE_Rockraines

BobDylan - iIi-MARV-iIi

chimpy2121 - drunkchimp

Buehrle>Wood - gregf5711

anyone else wanna add??

hungryj0e

but if you have Socom i use DK_ThoR as my PSN since that has been my socom name since socom 1

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 08:54 PM)
Added.

Anyone play Operation: Anchorage, the Fallout 3 expansion?

Nixon was pretty underwhelmed (although everything he says comes with a caveat because he is highly critical of everything, even games he likes a lot).

I'm going to download and play it anyway though like a faithful sheep.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 10:04 AM)
Nixon was pretty underwhelmed (although everything he says comes with a caveat because he is highly critical of everything, even games he likes a lot).

I'm going to download and play it anyway though like a faithful sheep.

I am not a huge fan of BethSoft but I did think Fallout 3 had slightly deeper gameplay than Oblivion, it's still a far cry from classic RPGs like Darklands, the Ultimas, Arcanum and the original Fallouts. That said, you can probably figure why I wouldn't like an expansion that was almost entirely combat. Fallout 3's combat feels like a bad shooter from the early 00s outside of VATS.

This review pretty much covers it: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fallout-...nchorage-review

Edited by Nixon

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 11:11 AM)
Someone f***ing stole mine. Its the first time I've been denied my ST screen name on another platform. f***ers.

I had to go with K_A_L_A_P_S_E because they just wouldn't let me use any variant of my usual screen name. It didn't matter how many random numbers I put on the back of it they wouldn't accept the name. By playing around with the letters a bit I figured out that there's some combination of letters in Kalapse (if I remember correctly it was having the 'aps' together) that made it unacceptable.

BS's article did hit on a good point though, it's not really fair to take reviews from gamer sites on Wii games because Wii's target audience is so different, and third party developers haven't figured out how to market these games yet and are still putting ads on gaming sites and magazines.

onedude - onedude84

Soxbadger - Soxbadger

Kalapse - K_A_L_A_P_S_E

BobDylan - iIi-MARV-iIi

chimpy2121 - drunkchimp

Buehrle>Wood - gregf5711

ChiSox Sonix - hungryj0e

BigSqwert - m4rk0358

BurlyMan56 - BTRAIN1105

I'll bold the new additions

Edited by onedude

QUOTE (onedude @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 08:11 PM)

onedude - onedude84

Soxbadger - Soxbadger

Kalapse - K_A_L_A_P_S_E

BobDylan - iIi-MARV-iIi

chimpy2121 - drunkchimp

Buehrle>Wood - gregf5711

anyone else wanna add??

drunkbomber, same as my sn

onedude - onedude84

Soxbadger - Soxbadger

Kalapse - K_A_L_A_P_S_E

BobDylan - iIi-MARV-iIi

chimpy2121 - drunkchimp

Buehrle>Wood - gregf5711

ChiSox Sonix - hungryj0e

BigSqwert - m4rk0358

BurlyMan56 - BTRAIN1105

nitetrain8601 - jtamay3

DrunkBomber - drunkbomber

Nunnigan - Nunnigan

Edited by onedude

QUOTE (onedude @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 09:24 PM)

onedude - onedude84

Soxbadger - Soxbadger

Kalapse - K_A_L_A_P_S_E

BobDylan - iIi-MARV-iIi

chimpy2121 - drunkchimp

Buehrle>Wood - gregf5711

ChiSox Sonix - hungryj0e

BigSqwert - m4rk0358

BurlyMan56 - BTRAIN1105

nitetrain8601 - jtamay3

DrunkBomber - drunkbomber

I dont post much here, but much more of a lurker. I'm looking for more buddies to play when the Show comes out

PSN ID is Nunnigan

I'm thinking we can get an online league going(even a few is enough)?? Get some people to set it up on PSN, and then have it a daily posting of matchups, records, and stats on Soxtalk. You could organize your playtime schedule and availability....Who's up for that?

QUOTE (onedude @ Jan 31, 2009 -> 03:22 PM)
I'm thinking we can get an online league going(even a few is enough)?? Get some people to set it up on PSN, and then have it a daily posting of matchups, records, and stats on Soxtalk. You could organize your playtime schedule and availability....Who's up for that?

I think that would be awesome. Sign me up.

When the game comes close to coming out (around mid-late Feb) I'll take interested parties names, and set it up. Maybe then a mod can set up a sub forum under Diamond Club, where we can put all the information for games, records, stats what not.

Would you guys rather have draft or legit teams? I'd rather have a draft to make it more fair obviously. I dunno how they run the online franchise yet, but i'll look into it, see if we can have a draft or not. If not, try to set something up via pc.

QUOTE (onedude @ Jan 31, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)
When the game comes close to coming out (around mid-late Feb) I'll take interested parties names, and set it up. Maybe then a mod can set up a sub forum under Diamond Club, where we can put all the information for games, records, stats what not.

Would you guys rather have draft or legit teams? I'd rather have a draft to make it more fair obviously. I dunno how they run the online franchise yet, but i'll look into it, see if we can have a draft or not. If not, try to set something up via pc.

Draft would be sweet. An online franchise, which I've been begging for in sports games for years, would be even better.

Count me in.