Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Jan 31, 2009 -> 03:48 PM)
Draft would be sweet. An online franchise, which I've been begging for in sports games for years, would be even better.

Count me in.

I believe both Madden 09 & NCAA Football 09 had the online franchise feature.

QUOTE (onedude @ Jan 31, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
I'm thinking we can get an online league going(even a few is enough)?? Get some people to set it up on PSN, and then have it a daily posting of matchups, records, and stats on Soxtalk. You could organize your playtime schedule and availability....Who's up for that?

I'm down with that...

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Jan 31, 2009 -> 03:54 PM)

that's what i wanted to know....thanks for the look up. So we should be good to go.....around mid Feb i'll be taking names, drafting teams and players, which will be complete randomization, and someone can set up the forum.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 31, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)
I do foresee 1 issue however. Killzone 2 and MLB '09 are going to be released, what? 5 days apart? How am I going to find the time to fully enjoy both games? There just aren't enough hours in the day.

that's what the forum would be for. To set up a time when you are able to have your next game/matchup. With it this way, we should be able to have no problems....as long as it's regulated and paid attention to. I'm up for it....all the way. Shouldn't have to play every single night or every hour....games would probably be every other day or so pending on peoples schedules. I think if you won't be able to find a way to play at the same time, maybe a sim could be accomplished, or maybe have a differ of other people play your games.....just an idea.

QUOTE (onedude @ Jan 31, 2009 -> 11:13 PM)
that's what the forum would be for. To set up a time when you are able to have your next game/matchup. With it this way, we should be able to have no problems....as long as it's regulated and paid attention to. I'm up for it....all the way. Shouldn't have to play every single night or every hour....games would probably be every other day or so pending on peoples schedules. I think if you won't be able to find a way to play at the same time, maybe a sim could be accomplished, or maybe have a differ of other people play your games.....just an idea.

I was just kidding around. It's just crazy how 2 of the games I'm most looking forward to this year are going to be released 5 days apart.

QUOTE (onedude @ Feb 1, 2009 -> 03:14 AM)
For those interested in the Show aspect

Pastapadre.com 1st review of the show

2nd review

Cubs at 3, Tigers at 8, and the Reds at 10 for the rankings??? don't really get the reds that high

Thanks.

10 for Reds is strange. The Yankees should be #1, I feel, even though their bullpen and defense suck.

Think I'm going to stick with the Tigers in 09 online, but I'm going to miss Kenny Rogers. Would go with the Angels, but they don't have enough offense for my taste. I refuse to be the Red Sox or Yankees just because they're a little too good. I wonder if Nick Swisher will suck.

I wonder if you can play against the team you're playing as now. Sounds like a stupid feature, but I imagine a bit too many people will be the Yankees and Red Sox. Surprisingly, not a lot of people were the Tigers last year, even though that offensive line-up was borderline great. Maybe not everyone discovered that Kenny Rogers was near un-hittable like I did?

Edited by BobDylan

I bought MLB Front Office , for PS3 yesterday, and I'm pretty dissapointed so far, but I haven't even made it through a full season yet. Then again I had really high hopes for the game, as I love this GM stuff in all of my sports games.

For instance, the stars of MLB are ranked anywhere from 60-75. Carlos Quentin in my first offseason had his ranking drop to 45. Jose Contreras of all players had his ranking improve to 60.

That and the trade system doesn't seem to make sense. You can offer higher rated players to other teams and be rejected everytime. Yet during my first offseason I saw that Arizona had traded Justin Upton for a few made up scrub prospects in San Diego. I have offered San Diego about 15 trade attemps for Upton and been rejected everytime, I don't get it.

Then the music gets all loud and dramatic anytime Billy Beane sends you an email, odd.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Feb 1, 2009 -> 09:35 AM)
Holy s***. I might buy a PS3 for this game

It'll be out for the 360, too. I can't imagine the graphics will match the PS3, but it'll be there nonetheless. I really wish they'd change the design of their characters. They always look like a bunch of douches in Final Fantasy.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 08:22 PM)
PSN: jtamay3

MLB2k9 > MLB 09

I love the pitching in the game. Makes it very realistic. Guys will actually tire and therefore will become less effective as they miss their spots. And sucky pitchers in general will be very hard pressed to pitch a great game.

Fail...and what you say about pitching I found to be true in MLB 08

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 02:21 PM)
You're making a mistake. EA has become one of the worst video game companies out there.

EA has gotten better in recent years and has taken chances on new properties (Dead Space and Mirror's Edge for example)... They need to quit being dicks with the DRM though.

QUOTE (Nixon @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
EA has gotten better in recent years and has taken chances on new properties (Dead Space and Mirror's Edge for example)... They need to quit being dicks with the DRM though.

Good point. DRM is what I was pointing at, mostly. Their online value usually sucks, too. But this varies game to game.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 2, 2009 -> 01:33 PM)
that and The Show is close to surpassing MVP. Presentation is already better. Gameplay is close.

My PSN name is IbKillin and I'd totally be down for the Show draft/league

+1 i would be all over that

I was thinking about doing this at my work(BB) like a 10 or 12 person league, using http://couchmanagers.com/ for the draft and setting it two 12 or 15 hours before best talent is taken

Soxtalk name - PSN name

onedude - onedude84

Soxbadger - Soxbadger

Kalapse - K_A_L_A_P_S_E

RockRaines - THE_Rockraines

BobDylan - iIi-MARV-iIi

chimpy2121 - drunkchimp

Buehrle>Wood - gregf5711

ChiSox Sonix - hungryj0e

BigSqwert - m4rk0358

BurlyMan56 - BTRAIN1105

nitetrain8601 - jtamay3

DrunkBomber - drunkbomber

Jenksismyb**** - IbKillin

beautox - buzzbuzz785

I'll add you two when I get a chance, I've pretty much sent invites to all on the list. So far looks like around 14 or so.

Edited by onedude