Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (onedude @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 10:44 AM)
Is it taking anybody a long ass time to download and install MLB the show 09? I'm installing now, but I had to let it download overnight.

I downloaded it a few days ago, took about 5 hours.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
LOL. It seems whenever I go see what the Soxtalk crew is playing inevitably it will say "The_Rockraines is playing Rock Band".

I played for about 36 hours straight this weekend. I played for the first time last week and have made it to hard difficulty on easy songs at this point.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)
I forgot how glorious NBA Street 2 was. Been playing it for about six hours straight now.

I still pick that game up too, it's amazingly fun, though the ancient rosters bug me a bit (it's weird seeing Pippen in the game). My custom team of Lebron/Wade/Paul/Howard/Bosh is untouchable (obviously adjusting the lineup based on matchup). :)

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 3, 2009 -> 10:13 AM)
I know its been mentioned in here before, but who here plays Socom Confrontation on any sort of regular basis?

I got it off Amazon Marketplace a few days ago for $40 w/ the headset, the box was opened but nothing was touched, couldn't pass up a deal like that.

I've been playing it off and on for the past 24 hours (turns out, after taking a 3 or 4 year break from SOCOM I kind of suck) and I'm sure I'll be on there a fair amount until Killzone 2 ships. I've been going back to the same room every time, US Central 4 - 8v8 Elimination 2. All I want to do is play a simple game of Desert Glory Elimination but the servers are completely different from SOCOM II.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 11, 2009 -> 10:29 PM)
I got it off Amazon Marketplace a few days ago for $40 w/ the headset, the box was opened but nothing was touched, couldn't pass up a deal like that.

I've been playing it off and on for the past 24 hours (turns out, after taking a 3 or 4 year break from SOCOM I kind of suck) and I'm sure I'll be on there a fair amount until Killzone 2 ships. I've been going back to the same room every time, US Central 4 - 8v8 Elimination 2. All I want to do is play a simple game of Desert Glory Elimination but the servers are completely different from SOCOM II.

I'll try to find you. It's definitely not Socom I/II but its good. I've actually been playing it more and more the past month as it's starting to grow on me. I also prefer the old maps. Playing elimination in the new maps (minus Kasbah) kinda sucks. I tend to play a lot of Respawn cuz of the sniping/camping in Urban Wasteland/Quarantine/Fallen being so rampant in ranked games.

I just got Deadly Creatures, its a pretty fun(and creepy) game. Billy Bob Thornton and Dennis Hopper narrating the game is just cool

I also got Monster Lab last night as well. Its pretty fun, you create your own monster through 3 different methods (build one in the work shop, create one in the biolab, conjure one up in the alchemist lab) and mix and match body parts and zap them to life. Then you send your monster out into the world to battle other monsters terrorizing towns to collect more pieces to build better monsters. The monster battles are turn based and are pretty fun. I expected this to be a game strictly for my daughter, but we are both into it, its a fun game

Edited by kyyle23