Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My first impression of MLB 09? Do they only have 1 picture of Dustin Pedroia? Could they not afford to buy a second shot? You know that follow through shot on the cover? It appears 5 times on the case and in the booklet, that just struck me as weird and kind of lazy.

I got to play a bit of MLB 2k9 on my lunch break for the Wii.

The graphics of course suck, but the gameplay is really smooth and better than it was on the 360 last year. Of course the controls are all different, so I don't know what that means for the 360.

And for those of you with PS3s, yes I am aware you like the Show more and you jump at every opportunity to say it. I have no PS3 so I'm going with what I can play.

I'll have a full review tomorrow.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 3, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
My first impression of MLB 09? Do they only have 1 picture of Dustin Pedroia? Could they not afford to buy a second shot? You know that follow through shot on the cover? It appears 5 times on the case and in the booklet, that just struck me as weird and kind of lazy.

Thats kinda been the case with most sports games recently I've seen

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 3, 2009 -> 03:07 PM)

You want to talk lazy?

The Wii MLB 2k9 instruction booklet has multiple typos and the game does not display in full 16x9, there's a good inch on either side of the screen that is just black!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 3, 2009 -> 03:20 PM)
You want to talk lazy?

The Wii MLB 2k9 instruction booklet has multiple typos and the game does not display in full 16x9, there's a good inch on either side of the screen that is just black!

Ouch. I'm about to pop in the game, I'll upload some video from the first game I play. And no, I don't feel the need to talk s***.

lmfao @ the instruction book having typos, pathetic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 3, 2009 -> 07:34 PM)
He's real light skinned on The Show too. So is Dye.

No, he's straight up a a white bearded dude in this.

I swear, these development teams could pay me 1/4 of what they pay the dude and I'd have much more realistic rosters.

At least the 2k series bulls***s the non-MLB contract guys so you'll see a dude named Trevor Farnsworth or whatever for Tyler Flowers so the editing doesn't take too long.

Pitching is a lot of fun in this game, while the hitting is too complex but it'll work.

Does anyone miss the MVP series and the fact that if you had a perfect swing, it was a well hit ball and sometimes a homer? Why do games think we need a button for contact and a button for power?

Does anyone miss the MVP series and the fact that if you had a perfect swing, it was a well hit ball and sometimes a homer? Why do games think we need a button for contact and a button for power?

no doubt, triple play baseball was my favorite

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 3, 2009 -> 08:42 PM)

I hate the power/contact buttons, too, and just wish the swing plus the batters ratings determined how well the ball was hit.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 3, 2009 -> 09:04 PM)
Read nothing but s***ty reviews for 2k9 on the 360. *sighs* Guess i'll have to wait until 2012 for a decent baseball game.

I played the demo for this and it was solid. I never played the previous 2K games, but I guess the controls sucked. The controls on 2K9 were ok. I like the pitching controls better than the batting controls.

Count me out for the MLB The Show league. I do not like the game at all. They shifted the power to the defense and pitcher's way, way too much. They made the contact swing worthless because it's damn near impossible to check swing. You have to time it pretty much perfectly to get a hit and anything slightly off is a swing and miss or an out.

I haven't checked out the single player modes, but the gameplay, for me, is really, really disappointing.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 08:26 PM)
Count me out for the MLB The Show league. I do not like the game at all. They shifted the power to the defense and pitcher's way, way too much. They made the contact swing worthless because it's damn near impossible to check swing. You have to time it pretty much perfectly to get a hit and anything slightly off is a swing and miss or an out.

I haven't checked out the single player modes, but the gameplay, for me, is really, really disappointing.

If people were still interested, I'd like to set it up....then wait for the first actual roster update to start everything....maybe a week or two after the season starts might be good.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 11:05 PM)
God, i miss MVP Baseball 2005. Without a doubt the greatest baseball game ever made.

Ya know, as much as I loved that game, I have to believe that at this point it would be absolute crap compared to the show 08 (the last one I've purchased). The graphics would be terrible, the movement of the players would be more unrealistic, and the controls would be unbearably slow and unresponsive compared to what is out there now. At the time it was the greatest, but I dont think it could compare anymore.

I haven't gotten 09 yet. Anyone else have a review of it? The demo seems fine. I don't really feel like dropping 60 bucks on an updated roster from 08.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 09:32 AM)
Ya know, as much as I loved that game, I have to believe that at this point it would be absolute crap compared to the show 08 (the last one I've purchased). The graphics would be terrible, the movement of the players would be more unrealistic, and the controls would be unbearably slow and unresponsive compared to what is out there now. At the time it was the greatest, but I dont think it could compare anymore.

I haven't gotten 09 yet. Anyone else have a review of it? The demo seems fine. I don't really feel like dropping 60 bucks on an updated roster from 08.

Nope. Sure the graphics wouldn't hold up, but I've never played a baseball game where I felt I was more in control of everything...