Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (onedude @ Mar 23, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)
not as far as i know....the team that developed the game are on vacation....and plan to make and release a patch for the game when they come back.

Here is some problems I see with the game: I started the show, created my player, and entered the draft. Drafted for right field by the Cleveland Indians(I thought I'll see where this goes).

#1-The game starts your ratings too low. With the default sliders, the game isn't too realistic with the hitting attributes. Me and my friends messed with the sliders to get a more realistic experience with the game. With how we fixed the sliders, the game was more fun than what it was with default sliders, and I collected realistic stats. First season .305 ave, 11 hr, 56 rbi's, 23 walks, 65 k's, .817 ops. Fixed with slider alteration. I plan to eventually turn sliders back to normal as my player progresses through his career.

#2-Advancement goal period before the all-star break I only made 2 of the 6 goals and was put on the trade block. Cleveland proceeded to trade me to the Cardinals because of the failed goal period. You don't trade an 18 year old prospect in AA for Trevor Miller....just because of 1 goal period....not realistic. But I like the Cardinals and went with the trade anyway. Not able to fix this problem.

#3-AI pitching is stellar, along with the defense. This was expected from all the specs I heard about the game. Except that it seems like all players are gold glovers. I turned the AI reaction down 2 notches. Got more realistic fielding. Fixed by turning Pitch control down 1-2 notches and fielding reaction time down 1-2 notches. This might stay the same throughout career as I get realistic walk rates and k rates....and get on base via believable errors.

#4-At the beginning of second year....Cardinals saw my potential, bought out my contract, put me on the 40 man roster, and invited me to Spring Training. I thought this was realistic and awesome. I was rewarded by the Cardinals. I had a decent spring mainly batting in a pinch hitter role. Cardinals moved me up to AAA to start my second year. I proceed to bat .290 ave, 9 hr, 48 rbi's.....comparable bb/k ratio and ops. Cardinals bring me to the club as a September call-up. I play one game, and go 2-4 with a k. I get ready to play the next game and the game quits on me. Shoots me right to the PS3 XMB. I then retry 10 or so more times, with the same result. I go online and find that this is a problem with many people especially Sept. callups on the 14, 15, 16 of September. I hope that when the Development team gets back from vacation they can fix this problem, send a patch out, and I can get back to the best, realistic baseball game I've ever played. I'd hate to not be able to see where my career could have went.

#4 Is the biggest problem for me.....the others can be worked with but this is a game issue or a ps3 issue and it worries me. Pleas let a patch be able to fix this problem :pray

Another problem with RTTS is the talents or whatever your not training drop so fast if you go so long without without training it.

I made a starting pitcher put them in the white sox organization, actually played the guy the first year had like a 1.98 ERA yet never got called up to AAA and I met most of the goals. So I decided to sim until I made the majors. The next year my guy starts off in the bullpen in AA after having a 1.98 era the year before as a starter(I think you start where the contract says you do not matter what) went two periods in a row without meeting his goals and I got traded to the phillies. The phillies put me into the AA rotation and after 2.5 years of simming and getting up to AAA every so often only to miss 1 goal period out of the last 4 I met and get right put back into AA. In the offseason after my 4th year the phillies offered me a new MLB bullpen contract. I took it played the spring had a 0.87 ERA so I actually made the major league club out of spring training. I'm at the end of april now with about a 3.30 era and 24 innings pitched. I just got a spot start offered to me though so hopefully I do good and get put into the rotation.

I know its hard to make the majors in real life, but I think they penalize you too much for missing goals and reward you too little for meeting them. It's also impossible to keep your overalls up in everything since you skills plumet if you don't train them. I've decided to neglect defense and just worry about pitching, and my guy is like 0 in everything defense now.

Overall its one of the best baseball games ive ever played though.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 09:12 PM)
I just manually updated MVP 05 again. What i do is take the Pecota Comparables for young players, and average their stats. I did this for Q and he hit .290 30 homers and 100 RBI's. Awesome.

Yeah, every now and then I get going on MVP on the PC again.

These MVP mods are so cool, more realistic player models now, faces all updated, completely new menus and songs. It's sweet.

Just found out you have to play 10 online games before you can become a comish. In process of doing that right now....currently 5-3 if anyone wants to play psn id is in my sig.

Didn't know you can upload your own rosters to mlb the show. There is one guy who went through every minor league team and put real player names and s***.....awesome as hell. He also updated the rosters as of march 23.

QUOTE (onedude @ Mar 27, 2009 -> 05:00 PM)
for mlb the show online how do you get a rating on the game? I've played 10 games and have no rating.....

Odd. Through 9 games my rating is 4.

Let me know if you can't get a rating. I'll hop on and get that 10th game played and set up the league.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
Odd. Through 9 games my rating is 4.

Let me know if you can't get a rating. I'll hop on and get that 10th game played and set up the league.

i have the league set up....except that i have to pick a team myself, so i chose the sox. I can set up a league real quick once we have everybody and their team in...so i'll pick who i get drafted.

QUOTE (onedude @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 05:55 AM)
i have the league set up....except that i have to pick a team myself, so i chose the sox. I can set up a league real quick once we have everybody and their team in...so i'll pick who i get drafted.

Put me down for the Tigers, Indians, Cardinals, Pirates or Mets, in that order.

Worst game ever: March Madness Edition of the EA's NCAA game.

What trash. Complete waste of 10-15 bucks, however much it was. In each game, regardless of the team you pick, the other team miraculously shoots 80% from the field. There's no way to play defense. If you try to take a charge, they fly right past you and dunk. If you try to play zone, they hit 20 footer after 20 footer. It's riduculous. I almost broke my controller last night.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 01:38 PM)
Worst game ever: March Madness Edition of the EA's NCAA game.

What trash. Complete waste of 10-15 bucks, however much it was. In each game, regardless of the team you pick, the other team miraculously shoots 80% from the field. There's no way to play defense. If you try to take a charge, they fly right past you and dunk. If you try to play zone, they hit 20 footer after 20 footer. It's riduculous. I almost broke my controller last night.

ah yes....i've broken many controllers, and headsets, cuz of stupid s*** like that in games. :lolhitting

anybody else have a problem logging in to mlb the show? I try logging in and it says i'm already logged in. Might not be able to start up the franchise. f***ing bulls***....how does something like this happen? League is set and I can't get in to start it up.

got it to work now.....i just turned my ps3 off for a while...it was bound to kick the name off if there wasnt any action going on. i noticed sports connect logs you off automatically if you are idle for a while. pretty weird how that all happened.

My little brother got a DS and I can't help but pick it up when he's not using it.

What are the "best" games for it? I wanna get Mario Kart for sure.

I've just been re-playing my other brother's GBA games (Link to the Past, Mario World, and Mario 3).

And do they still sell GBA games? Which others should I pick up?