Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 12, 2009 -> 09:18 AM)
I am not a gamer but I am totally addicted to MLB the show. Although I cant get the baserunning down and it drives me f***ing crazy.

Switch to the "classic" baserunning control scheme, it's so much better.

It's weird, I've been playing a Franchise for the past month or so and for the first 3 weeks of the season I was crushing the ball all over the place, leading the league in HR and AVG then all of a sudden in the past 5 games I've had an all out power outage. I've scored maybe a run a game and hit 1 HR, no matter what I do I can't seem to get men on base. I'm working counts and getting into bullpens, jumping on first pitch fastballs, sitting on breaking balls, nothing works everything is hit right at someone or is a weak groundball. It's seriously frustrating.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 12, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)

It's weird, I've been playing a Franchise for the past month or so and for the first 3 weeks of the season I was crushing the ball all over the place, leading the league in HR and AVG then all of a sudden in the past 5 games I've had an all out power outage. I've scored maybe a run a game and hit 1 HR, no matter what I do I can't seem to get men on base. I'm working counts and getting into bullpens, jumping on first pitch fastballs, sitting on breaking balls, nothing works everything is hit right at someone or is a weak groundball. It's seriously frustrating.

I will do that.

How do you go about swing mode? Do you directionally hit the ball with the left analog stick or do you just hit X ?

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 12, 2009 -> 02:46 AM)
My little brother got a DS and I can't help but pick it up when he's not using it.

What are the "best" games for it? I wanna get Mario Kart for sure.

I've just been re-playing my other brother's GBA games (Link to the Past, Mario World, and Mario 3).

And do they still sell GBA games? Which others should I pick up?

Gamestop has tons of used GBA games for sale, i would hit them up to see what they have.

My wife and I play my daughters DS a lot lately, Hotel Dusk was fun, Millionare Mystery, we also play Mario Kart, I am planning on getting Civilization soon as well. It depends on your type of game, the DS has a lot of different things to play

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 12, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)

I've played RTTS 2 times...and I"m about done with it. It's an awesome thing to put in the game, and it works majority of the time....but this years version is f***ed up...totally FUBAR. Both times I was called to the majors it develops the september 14th bug. Will not let me play a game past that date. It's ridiculous. They need to make a patch to calm me down, I almost took the game out and snapped it in half. I wasted 5 seasons of RTTS. /end rant

So I have started a franchise(try to wedge some games with online games) hoping that it doesn't have the same problem. Game is very, very good....It's just that stupid bug that lowers it for me. :angry:

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 08:54 AM)
I will do that.

How do you go about swing mode? Do you directionally hit the ball with the left analog stick or do you just hit X ?

I would really like someone to answer this for me. I dont know if its in my head that I can directionally hit the ball or if I am suppossed to just press x for the swing. Its a basic thing but I am not that fluent in video games.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
I would really like someone to answer this for me. I dont know if its in my head that I can directionally hit the ball or if I am suppossed to just press x for the swing. Its a basic thing but I am not that fluent in video games.

Sorry, I missed your post.

Go into the options and turn "Plate Coverage Indicator" on. You'll now have a yellow circle on the screen that shows you where you're swinging and how much of the plate you're covering, it's very helpful IMO.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 10:18 PM)
f***ing bulls***

xbox360 just died. i don't even play it that much. microsoft junk

just died...lol

My PS3 was knocked off my table and took a a hard hit to the ground....runs like it never happened. microsoft junk indeed :lolhitting

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 05:13 PM)
Sorry, I missed your post.

Go into the options and turn "Plate Coverage Indicator" on. You'll now have a yellow circle on the screen that shows you where you're swinging and how much of the plate you're covering, it's very helpful IMO.

thanx, that is exactly what I was hoping they would give you the option to do. I havent messed with the game options too much.....I should start. :bang

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 06:37 PM)
anyone get MLB 2k9?

i'm thinking about buying it, even though i should know better.

It's next on my Gamefly queue. I heard it had lots of bugs at release, but hopefully they've been patched since.

Also, I'm very much looking forward to this.

What kind of 360 do you guys have?

I play the s*** out of mine, its never died.

I have gotten the red ring of death twice.. I simply just turned the system off then turned it back on and its been fine both times.

Of course, I have a 360 Elite so maybe its different than the regular ones

My PS3 has stopped reading discs. Happened last night while watching a blu-ray movie. Apparently this is as common as the red ring of death for the xbox360.

Anyone else have this happen to them or know someone first hand that experienced it?

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 07:35 PM)
My PS3 has stopped reading discs. Happened last night while watching a blu-ray movie. Apparently this is as common as the red ring of death for the xbox360.

Anyone else have this happen to them or know someone first hand that experienced it?

Happened to me. If you're still under warranty, it's no problem. If not, you'll have to pay $150 for a replacement. Call Sony, they'll send a box that you'll get in a few days. You'll have the PS3 back in under 2 weeks.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
16 months old.

Any kind of warranty they give you after the repair? Is this fix guaranteed for life?

It's either a 30 or 90 day warranty after the repair, I forgot which. The fix is not guaranteed for life, that's kind of absurd.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 11, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
What happened with the MLB The Show '09 league in here? You guys still doing it? Would be interested to hear some feedback on the league.

Yeah I was wondering myself.I think onedude had some problems with the way mlbTS set the league up.