Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (shipps @ May 11, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
Yeah I was wondering myself.I think onedude had some problems with the way mlbTS set the league up.

that and i didn't have a way to get online for about two weeks...it kinda died during that time. now I have a 2nd job and it's hard to find time to play sometimes

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 11, 2009 -> 04:02 PM)
How is it? I'm waiting till after I'm done with finals to get it.

Its pretty cool. There is alot of new stuff besides the main missions. They now have Super mutant overlords, which are pretty tough.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 14, 2009 -> 11:25 AM)
Longer than The Pitt? That took about an hour total.

Yeah. The Pitt was a lot shorter than I thought it was gonna be. With Broken Steel you get the main quest, a couple of side quests and you can level up all the way to 30.

The new gun the "Telsa Cannon" is pretty rad. You can shoot down Vertibirds with it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 14, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
I really don't think that makes a difference. Might as well come out with an all white [insert sport] since historically they were all white.

Historically, HBCUs were created because blacks weren't allowed to go to other universities. NCAA is HWCU Football.

I really don't see the problem. It's just college football teams from a specific group of colleges. I doubt the game would exclude any white players on the teams (especially since a few of these colleges have had white valedictorians lately and do not discriminate in their student bodies).

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 02:54 PM)
Kill Zone 2 is $52.99 plus free shipping on Amazon.

I wish someone would pay me $52.99 to finish that garbage. What a mediocre shooter.

QUOTE (Nixon @ May 14, 2009 -> 02:40 PM)
I wish someone would pay me $52.99 to finish that garbage. What a mediocre shooter.

For some reason I read Fallout 3. Disregard this post.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE (Nixon @ May 15, 2009 -> 12:39 PM)
Would apply to that game too.

Thank you.

Fallout 3 is trash.

If the actual fighting in the game was better, then it would be great. However, its not. And its not great. Sure, the story is cool and it looks cool. The fighting engine sucks hefty wang though and angered me.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 18, 2009 -> 02:52 AM)
Thank you.

Fallout 3 is trash.

If the actual fighting in the game was better, then it would be great. However, its not. And its not great. Sure, the story is cool and it looks cool. The fighting engine sucks hefty wang though and angered me.

I was a fan of the game (despite the fact that it failed on many different levels), but Japanese RPG's are so, so much better.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ May 18, 2009 -> 02:02 AM)
I was a fan of the game (despite the fact that it failed on many different levels), but Japanese RPG's are so, so much better.

Cant argue that.

Most of the stuff I hated was story/world related. Still wondering why the hell Dad bothered leaving Project Purity/The Citadel/Rivet City, growing up sheltered in a dying vault is somehow preferable to the reasonably secure Rivet City and the main hub of the BOS? Really? What the f*** were the Mutants doing in Vault 87? What the hell was the point? Just to have Super Mutants in Fallout 3's east coast? How about that in Fallout 1 + 2 and grand total of TWO nuclear devices were set off and Fallout 3 has them dispensed like candy. A lot of the game just smacks of 'not getting it' and pretty much throwing out all the themes that made the first two Fallout games so interesting.

/lore nerd rant off

The shooting mechanics were also pretty boring. Mostly because 99% of enemies just ran right up to you and swatted at you til they died. FUN! Ramping up the difficulty didn't help either as it just made them bullet sponges + nerfed your weapons. FUN! Mercifully, you could bypass most combat by just hitting the 'win now' button, aka VATS.

Games have advanced to the point that we're capable of portraying huge worlds in striking detail but the game play is still barely a step above "OW MY BALLS" (Gears o War/etc) ... I was pretty underwhelmed by Fallout, mostly because it was exactly what I expected. I am looking forward to Fallout: New Vegas since it's being built by the ex-Black Isle guys.

QUOTE (Nixon @ May 18, 2009 -> 12:53 PM)
Most of the stuff I hated was story/world related. Still wondering why the hell Dad bothered leaving Project Purity/The Citadel/Rivet City, growing up sheltered in a dying vault is somehow preferable to the reasonably secure Rivet City and the main hub of the BOS? Really? What the f*** were the Mutants doing in Vault 87? What the hell was the point? Just to have Super Mutants in Fallout 3's east coast? How about that in Fallout 1 + 2 and grand total of TWO nuclear devices were set off and Fallout 3 has them dispensed like candy. A lot of the game just smacks of 'not getting it' and pretty much throwing out all the themes that made the first two Fallout games so interesting.

/lore nerd rant off

The shooting mechanics were also pretty boring. Mostly because 99% of enemies just ran right up to you and swatted at you til they died. FUN! Ramping up the difficulty didn't help either as it just made them bullet sponges + nerfed your weapons. FUN! Mercifully, you could bypass most combat by just hitting the 'win now' button, aka VATS.

Games have advanced to the point that we're capable of portraying huge worlds in striking detail but the game play is still barely a step above "OW MY BALLS" (Gears o War/etc) ... I was pretty underwhelmed by Fallout, mostly because it was exactly what I expected. I am looking forward to Fallout: New Vegas since it's being built by the ex-Black Isle guys.

Ive never even seen a Fallout game before this one, so I cant go into as much detail as you have. However, I agree about the shooting mechanics as they were poor.