Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 19, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
Yes but you have to have the right version, I think they built cheaper models that aren't (someone correct me on this?)
None of the newer PS3 models (the ones currently on sale) are PS2 backwards-compatible. It's a shame, really, because the PS2 has probably the largest, most diverse, and overall best lineup of games available for any system, ever.

PS1 games are still backwards compatible, I believe, with a number of them available for sale in the Playstation store.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 19, 2009 -> 12:15 PM)
Its down to $399. I dont get it. You are getting by far the most advanced and sophisticated gaming system, blu-ray player capabilities, internet search ability, PS store, music/video/picture storage etc...And, they are finally carrying some good exclusive series as well. Maybe it's the economy or X-Box fanboys refusing to make a switch or the Wii carving out a larger niche than expected, but I bought my PS3 when it was still $599 and I don't regret it for a second.

It comes down to poor marketing, if you ask me. I'm not going to buy a video game system based on the fact that it has an SD slot, or a blu-ray player or some other s***. (You can probably quote me saying otherwise earlier in this thread.) If you want that, buy a computer. I buy my systems for games. Sony did an awful job marketing its game line-up, and still does. They wanna sell systems? Hype the f***ing games, not the fact that it is a s***ty computer. It's a damn shame because it IS nice to have those extra features, and the system IS the best on the market, they just happened to forget that it is a video game console.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ May 20, 2009 -> 11:18 AM)
It comes down to poor marketing, if you ask me. I'm not going to buy a video game system based on the fact that it has an SD slot, or a blu-ray player or some other s***. (You can probably quote me saying otherwise earlier in this thread.) If you want that, buy a computer. I buy my systems for games. Sony did an awful job marketing its game line-up, and still does. They wanna sell systems? Hype the f***ing games, not the fact that it is a s***ty computer. It's a damn shame because it IS nice to have those extra features, and the system IS the best on the market, they just happened to forget that it is a video game console.

Disagree. 90% of games are for each platform, so it does little to hype the 5-6 exclusives it has (which it does btw, quite a lot, especially MLB The Show and Metal Gear when it was new).

Sony's biggest problem wasn't the cost, it was that the 360 had been established for over a year. Most of my friends went ahead and got the 360 because they figured they'd eventually get both. Then when the ps3 came out they had no reason to rush out and buy it. The exclusives were non-existent at launch and really are just now really coming out.

IMO this generation wasn't about which is better, because they are different machines. PS3 is designed for single player home entertainment, whereas the 360 was designed around xbox live and multiplayer. As an owner of both, they do what they're supposed to do in a fantastic way.

As I've said for a long time, Sony knocks out the best hardware and Microsoft puts out the best software. It's too bad they can't collaborate for a really good console.

Meanwhile, in a distant galaxy, Nintendo is content servicing milf's and old folks, completely forgetting their fan base, and probably screwing itself in the future. The Wii's shelf life is easily half that of the ps3 or 360, and the only must-have game in the future is Zelda, which is still a complete mystery. So we'll keep getting gamecube knockoffs and lame hello kitty titles until the next next generation. Thanks Nintendo.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 20, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
Disagree. 90% of games are for each platform, so it does little to hype the 5-6 exclusives it has (which it does btw, quite a lot, especially MLB The Show and Metal Gear when it was new).

Sony's biggest problem wasn't the cost, it was that the 360 had been established for over a year. Most of my friends went ahead and got the 360 because they figured they'd eventually get both. Then when the ps3 came out they had no reason to rush out and buy it. The exclusives were non-existent at launch and really are just now really coming out.

IMO this generation wasn't about which is better, because they are different machines. PS3 is designed for single player home entertainment, whereas the 360 was designed around xbox live and multiplayer. As an owner of both, they do what they're supposed to do in a fantastic way.

As I've said for a long time, Sony knocks out the best hardware and Microsoft puts out the best software. It's too bad they can't collaborate for a really good console.

Meanwhile, in a distant galaxy, Nintendo is content servicing milf's and old folks, completely forgetting their fan base, and probably screwing itself in the future. The Wii's shelf life is easily half that of the ps3 or 360, and the only must-have game in the future is Zelda, which is still a complete mystery. So we'll keep getting gamecube knockoffs and lame hello kitty titles until the next next generation. Thanks Nintendo.

LOL, ok

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 20, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)

They hype them better now, sure. But when the system was first released? Pre-released? Not at all. Some probably even thought it wasn't a video game console. It was a big mistake.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 21, 2009 -> 10:00 PM)
e3 2009 is just 10 days away. Should be interesting as ever with the format going back to its 2007 form. Maybe Nintendo will finally unveil their cards. I'll pray for a new Zelda.

THAT.

Man. Heavy Rain looks terrible. Not graphically.. I mean gameplay wise. And by that I mean there looks like there is no gameplay at all besides QTEs and walking to the next QTE in a tiny environment. OH BUT LOOK A "GIANT" CLUB! Uhhh... yeah.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:00 PM)
e3 2009 is just 10 days away. Should be interesting as ever with the format going back to its 2007 form. Maybe Nintendo will finally unveil their cards. I'll pray for a new Zelda.

Im hoping for more info on MAG and Diablo 3 at E3

QUOTE (Nixon @ May 22, 2009 -> 04:59 AM)
Man. Heavy Rain looks terrible. Not graphically.. I mean gameplay wise. And by that I mean there looks like there is no gameplay at all besides QTEs and walking to the next QTE in a tiny environment. OH BUT LOOK A "GIANT" CLUB! Uhhh... yeah.

QTE's are retarded.

Yeah they are, I'm kind of surprised they went that route since that was the absolute worst thing about Indigo Prophecy (beside the stupid turn the story took in the second half)...

QUOTE (Nixon @ May 22, 2009 -> 04:59 AM)

Agreed. Man, I thought I was the only one who thought this. I mean, so you can change the outcome of the storyline, but f***, I'm not going to pay $60 to watch an animated movie. I'm just not.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 22, 2009 -> 02:09 PM)
Too bad Kyle beat you out :lolhitting

Yeah, what a bastard. Though my video-gameness has declined steadily of late.

I actually traded in MLB 2k9 for the Wii to GameStop for a GameCube controller and MVP 2005 (GC). It looks good in widescreen (graphics are better). Now I get to enjoy a baseball game that doesn't suck fat dick. I'm trying to decide whether to update the rosters or not haha.

3554208059_ec4a3da3be_o.jpg

Scaled this down, but it looks pretty cool in the Wii collection.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 23, 2009 -> 09:30 PM)
Beat the no. 5 ranked overall player in MLB the Show today. The guy sucked. Probably just did nothing but play crappy opponents and racked up W's.

I was the #19 player in MLB '08. It's possible to get beaten by a s*** player every once and awhile. Not saying you're s***, but the top players do have bad games here and there.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ May 23, 2009 -> 09:40 PM)
I was the #19 player in MLB '08. It's possible to get beaten by a s*** player every once and awhile. Not saying you're s***, but the top players do have bad games here and there.

I'm definitely not a s*** player. Currently 20-10. Average at best on O, but I just throw darts when I'm pitching.

I don't know if this guy had a bad game or not, but I completely dominated him. Got 10+ hits (3 HR), 6 R, only gave up 2 hits and 1 R (I thought it was 2 outs and he had a guy on 3rd), and K'd him 8 times with Buehrle.

And I was playing pretty poorly that game as well. A lot of stupid base running mistakes, and one fielding mistake that led to a R.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 22, 2009 -> 02:31 PM)
Yeah, what a bastard. Though my video-gameness has declined steadily of late.

I actually traded in MLB 2k9 for the Wii to GameStop for a GameCube controller and MVP 2005 (GC). It looks good in widescreen (graphics are better). Now I get to enjoy a baseball game that doesn't suck fat dick. I'm trying to decide whether to update the rosters or not haha.

3554208059_ec4a3da3be_o.jpg

Scaled this down, but it looks pretty cool in the Wii collection.

A magical game for a magical season.

Anybody who has NHL 09 for PS3 have any tips on the best way to shoot? Ive been gambling on this game and Im pretty sure there has to be a better way at shooting or at least some little tricks. All I basically know are wrist shots, slap shots and pathetic one timers.

Alright.

Through some research I found fully updated rosters for MVP Baseball for the Wii (Gamecube). In my further attempts to modernize the game, I took it one-step further with the wii case design.

I present, "The Bonermaker".

3568060562_feb0d5ccf7_b.jpg