Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 26, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
Alright.

Through some research I found fully updated rosters for MVP Baseball for the Wii (Gamecube). In my further attempts to modernize the game, I took it one-step further with the wii case design.

I present, "The Bonermaker".

3568060562_feb0d5ccf7_b.jpg

All of the roster updates have to be done manually, right? There is nowhere I can go to upload that info through the Wii connect?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 26, 2009 -> 04:28 PM)
All of the roster updates have to be done manually, right? There is nowhere I can go to upload that info through the Wii connect?

I’ve been manually updating my copy for the PS2 for about four years now. It’s a real b****, and just last week I actually reset all my progress, and have had to start over. I’ve managed to finalize the Al Central, D-backs, Giants, Rays, and Reds, but it’s killing me on the inside.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 26, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
Alright.

Through some research I found fully updated rosters for MVP Baseball for the Wii (Gamecube). In my further attempts to modernize the game, I took it one-step further with the wii case design.

I present, "The Bonermaker".

3568060562_feb0d5ccf7_b.jpg

Just went from 6 to midnight.

No, seriously. I just did.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 26, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)

You need to PM me. It was rather easy. There's douchbags who do it out there and then you send them a memory card and they'll put it on there for... $8.

Once I get the file (guy has great feedback from others and the rosters are updated through A-ball), you can send me a memory card and I'll copy the file over if you want. In progressive mode, the game looks better than MLB 2k9.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 26, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
You need to PM me. It was rather easy. There's douchbags who do it out there and then you send them a memory card and they'll put it on there for... $8.

Once I get the file (guy has great feedback from others and the rosters are updated through A-ball), you can send me a memory card and I'll copy the file over if you want. In progressive mode, the game looks better than MLB 2k9.

Pm sent

Anybody been paying attention to this?

Kojima's Next

See many different suggestions on what it might be. I'd like to see a MG5, but I have no clue how they can draw the series out anymore....I'd like to see a whole new series for Kojima to focus on. Either way, got at least 40 min before we find anything out....unless the countdown resets again.

I'm pretty sure, not positive, that the skull on his beret is part of the outer heaven logos, which features a skull. Big boss taking zanzibar land and what not, I'm thinking a remake of the originals makes more since than a sequel to the prequel with the raiden spin-off, especially if big boss is the one pictured on the site, well before raiden was born.

I'm gonna have to finish MGS4 this summer. I got up to the snow area last summer, but because of doubles and NCAA 09, I got kind of sidetracked and never got back into it. I gotta finish it though. That game was great.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ May 26, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)
Anybody who has NHL 09 for PS3 have any tips on the best way to shoot? Ive been gambling on this game and Im pretty sure there has to be a better way at shooting or at least some little tricks. All I basically know are wrist shots, slap shots and pathetic one timers.

Try taking snap shots, floating a puck in from the point when you have a guy on front, wrap arounds, purposely shoot low and away at the goalies leg pad so there is a rebound to the far side, or taking a wrister with a defenseman between you and the goalie b/c sometimes the goalie will react late cuz they can't see the puck. Also, faking a slap shot from the point sometimes gets the defender to go down allowing you to skate in for a closer shot or more likely for a shot to get through.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 27, 2009 -> 08:40 AM)
Try taking snap shots, floating a puck in from the point when you have a guy on front, wrap arounds, purposely shoot low and away at the goalies leg pad so there is a rebound to the far side, or taking a wrister with a defenseman between you and the goalie b/c sometimes the goalie will react late cuz they can't see the puck. Also, faking a slap shot from the point sometimes gets the defender to go down allowing you to skate in for a closer shot or more likely for a shot to get through.

Thanks. Im having pretty good luck with aiming low and getting rebound shots.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 26, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)
I'm gonna have to finish MGS4 this summer. I got up to the snow area last summer, but because of doubles and NCAA 09, I got kind of sidetracked and never got back into it. I gotta finish it though. That game was great.

Finish MGS4 but thought the game was meh. There is less than two hours of actually playing time, the rest is just cg clips. The gameplay was great, just wish there was more. On the snow area, go under the truck and snipe, easiest way to beat the rail gun. SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 26, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)

Finish MGS4 but thought the game was meh. There is less than two hours of actually playing time, the rest is just cg clips. The gameplay was great, just wish there was more. On the snow area, go under the truck and snipe, easiest way to beat the rail gun. SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Stocking @ May 28, 2009 -> 05:27 PM)

Yeah, that was one thing that really annoyed me. I wanted to play, but there was about 20 minutes of cut scenes in between each section. If they cut that down, the game would have been epic.

I remember when I first got it, I played for about 14 hours straight. So addictive once you get into it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 29, 2009 -> 11:55 AM)
Has anyone played Punch-Out!! for the Wii yet?

I bought it yesterday for my belated b-day present. It is just as awesome as you remember it.

But damn does my arm/shoulder hurt right now

edit: Nintendo is making me remember all of the character tendencies that used to drive me insane when I was a kid, aka Bald Bull with his charge attack(gotta time the stomach punch), and right now Super Macho Man is driving me nuts, he throws two short jabs when he is in trouble and it always throws me off his pattern.

Edited by kyyle23

So Twitter has pretty much taken all the fun out of e3. Lots of leaks.

PSP Go

2lke160.jpg

3.8" screen

43% lighter than previous version

16 Gig memory

Bluetooth support

No UMD

Memory slot for extra memory capacity VIA MicroSD

Downloads games and movies

Out this Fall

Metal Gear Solid (the Kojima project), Jak, Little Big Planet and Gran Turismo coming for PSP)

PS3 slim coming

New "Mario game" coming for Wii in 2009 (that could be anything)

Wii Fit 2 coming

Micro's entire conference has been leaked but I don't have a 360 so I don't really care.

Interesting stuff on the Sony side. PSP is the first system to go with exclusively downloaded titles. I guess that's the future.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 31, 2009 -> 12:21 PM)
So Twitter has pretty much taken all the fun out of e3. Lots of leaks.

PSP Go

2lke160.jpg

3.8" screen

43% lighter than previous version

16 Gig memory

Bluetooth support

No UMD

Memory slot for extra memory capacity VIA MicroSD

Downloads games and movies

Out this Fall

Metal Gear Solid (the Kojima project), Jak, Little Big Planet and Gran Turismo coming for PSP)

PS3 slim coming

New "Mario game" coming for Wii in 2009 (that could be anything)

Wii Fit 2 coming

Micro's entire conference has been leaked but I don't have a 360 so I don't really care.

Interesting stuff on the Sony side. PSP is the first system to go with exclusively downloaded titles. I guess that's the future.

Could you post the 360 stuff for us who are smart enough to own the best system out there?

QUOTE (T R U @ May 31, 2009 -> 04:20 PM)
Could you post the 360 stuff for us who are smart enough to own the best system out there?

well if you are smart enough to own the best system out there, then why arent you smart enough to subscribe to the twitter that he is getting his info from? ;)