Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 11:12 PM)
2K did it with football. It was god awful.

I guess what I am saying is I wish that a studio would put the same effort in a game featuring a made up league as they do into a MLB2K9 or Madden football. Just to see what happens

Bob, your sig is just wonderful. that little lip curl/cute look she gives makes the whole vid

Edited by kyyle23

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe her name is Shay Laren, or something like that. I'll just say this... You won't be disappointed if you google her (but don't do it at work or in a public place!!!!)

Okay, now back to video games.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 02:06 PM)
I guess because T R U likes that one it's acceptable.

Zelda was cool far before the wii was ever around, so nice try Steve

If playing Zelda on wii is how I am going to have to play Zelda, then so be it. I have a wii here, its not like I bought the thing or something and you can now say "Oh but I thought wii was for little kids"

wii is for little kids, there's not much you can say to dispute that. It just so happens that Zelda is Nintendo exclusive and I prolly don't need to explain the rest of that.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 11:49 PM)
I believe her name is Shay Laren, or something like that. I'll just say this... You won't be disappointed if you google her (but don't do it at work or in a public place!!!!)

Okay, now back to video games.

ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThan

kyouhankyou

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 12:10 AM)
You can thank the MLB for only allowing 1 company to make their game instead of allowing competition.

The NFL and EA started it, 2K sports doing it with baseball was a competitive response. I hate EA.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 07:56 AM)
The NFL and EA started it, 2K sports doing it with baseball was a competitive response. I hate EA.

Yep. It has become just like TV channels bidding for viewing rights from Pro Sports.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 04:41 AM)
Zelda was cool far before the wii was ever around, so nice try Steve

If playing Zelda on wii is how I am going to have to play Zelda, then so be it. I have a wii here, its not like I bought the thing or something and you can now say "Oh but I thought wii was for little kids"

wii is for little kids, there's not much you can say to dispute that. It just so happens that Zelda is Nintendo exclusive and I prolly don't need to explain the rest of that.

How old were you when you first played Zelda?

Also,

House of the Dead Overkill

No More Heroes

Mad World

Decidedly not kiddie games. I'm not a big wii fan but I certainly understand the appeal and that they aren't simply kiddie boxes because their best selling titles can be enjoyed by all ages.

Edited by Nixon

QUOTE (Nixon @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 08:20 AM)
How old were you when you first played Zelda?

Also,

House of the Dead Overkill

No More Heroes

Mad World

Decidedly not kiddie games. I'm not a big wii fan but I certainly understand the appeal and that they aren't simply kiddie boxes because their best selling titles can be enjoyed by all ages.

I have Deadly Creatures, and that game has a story that revolves around a scorpion and spider(you jump back and forth from level to level) in the Arizona/New Mexico desert, and two men are digging around for a body with a hidden treasure near it. The scorpion and spider are underground and above ground battling all these creatures, and at times you are fighting inside the skeleton of the dead man. The two men are voiced by Billy Bob Thornton and Dennis Hopper, which is very cool, and they both have some choice words aimed at each other. definitely not a kids game.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1916783:date=Jun 9, 2009 -> 01:17 AM:name=BobDylan)-->
QUOTE (BobDylan @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 01:17 AM)
<!--quotec-->Language NSFW

"Who puts a Manny being Manny bug in this game?"

That was freaking hilarious... however, it saddens me to know it's because of that piece of crap game that we no longer have MVP baseball.

Also, awesome sig by the way.

I think he said "button" which makes it even funnier.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
Bob your sig is probably the sexiest woman I have ever seen in my 27 years years on this planet. She is just so remarkable...I love her...I f***ing lover her man.

You must not have seen a lot of women then

Aaron Poreda is a beast in MLB The Show. A running fastball that can get up to 98 (averages around 95-96), a 2 seam fastball that can get up to 96, a good slider, and a sick changeup...

As soon as Q comes back, I'll be dominating Online. Right now, I use Castro as my catcher, AJP at 3B, and Fields in LF with Pods in CF for maximum offensive output. When CQ comes back, I'll either move Fields to 2B and take out Beckham or take out Casto.

Down 2-0 in the bottom of the tenth, got runners on 1st and 2nd, Scotty Pods up, 2-1 count, guess fastball at the exact location... bam! Walk off 3 run shot to win the game by Scotty Pods! Over the patio deck in RF!!!

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
Just picked up the new Red Faction. Good times.

:headbang FINALLY. For those still on the fence, the price is down to $40.00 at both Amazon and Newegg. Great game.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
Just picked up the new Red Faction. Good times.

I played the first few missions, seems pretty fun. I haven't had the free time to get too deep into it yet.

Oh and FWIW the game is pretty difficult, you really have to use hit and run tactics most of the time because the enemy spawns will just get bigger and stronger if you hang around.

I think my PS3 died... I searched the problem online and it's called the yellow light of death

Looks like I will now be ps3-less cause I think my warranty is out and sony wants 150 bucks to replace it :( :( :( :( :(

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 12:13 AM)
I think my PS3 died... I searched the problem online and it's called the yellow light of death

Looks like I will now be ps3-less cause I think my warranty is out and sony wants 150 bucks to replace it :( :( :( :( :(

Join the club, I just got the red ring of death the other day..

Warranty is out, however, on the "Repair Request" thing on xbox.com it quoted me as $0.00 cost for repair, so thats good for me.