Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

It's officially dead. Now, the decision is to spend 150 to get a refurbished one or get a 360 for college and wait to one day play ps3 once again.

:( :( :(

RIP 60 GB PS3... 12/27/06 - 6/20/09

However, I might have found some good news... I have a receipt from my original purchase and it turns out I did purchase a product return plan. However, I have no idea how long it lasts. If it last 3 years or longer, I think I might be safe. However, if it is less than 3 years, FML.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 02:29 PM)
f*** you gamestop, why in f*** did I pay 70 bucks for a PRP that only lasted a year??? What the f*** was I thinking??? f*** YOU GAMESTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, another sucker born every day

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 11:48 AM)
Aaron Poreda is a beast in MLB The Show. A running fastball that can get up to 98 (averages around 95-96), a 2 seam fastball that can get up to 96, a good slider, and a sick changeup...

As soon as Q comes back, I'll be dominating Online. Right now, I use Castro as my catcher, AJP at 3B, and Fields in LF with Pods in CF for maximum offensive output. When CQ comes back, I'll either move Fields to 2B and take out Beckham or take out Casto.

Last night I played a 20 inning game vs some kid who was the cubs. 0-0 until the top of the 20th and Alexei hit a 2 run homer. Richard shut them down in the bottom of the 20th for the 2-0 win.

I can't hit for s*** but I can pitch with the best of them. I use Danks, and love him.

I was so close to Veteran status too before my ps3 took a powder. :( I had won 10 out of my last 11 (vs. mainly vets and a couple guys who were close to vet status), was 2-3 games away from vet status, and was all ready for a Saturday filled with MLB The Show online... So sad!

I am sick at pitching, but like you, my hitting leaves something to be desired. However, I have been getting better recently and have been raising my average and averaged around 3-5 runs a game in my hot streak. Also, I realized I don't K a lot, maybe 5 times a game at the most. My lineup was pretty solid...

1. Pods, CF (the majority of the time I led off the game with a bunt single)

2. Ramirez, SS

3. Fields, LF (I purposely put Fields here because I like to waste my first inning and get easy outs just in case I face an ass who quits if he gives up a run in the first, and he's a good hitter in the game)

4. Thome, DH

5. Konerko, 1B

6. Dye, RF

7. Pierzynski, 3B (he's really good defensively at 3B in the game, but lacks range)

8. Castro, C

9. Beckham/Getz, 2B

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 03:38 PM)
I was so close to Veteran status too before my ps3 took a powder. :( I had won 10 out of my last 11 (vs. mainly vets and a couple guys who were close to vet status), was 2-3 games away from vet status, and was all ready for a Saturday filled with MLB The Show online... So sad!

I am sick at pitching, but like you, my hitting leaves something to be desired. However, I have been getting better recently and have been raising my average and averaged around 3-5 runs a game in my hot streak. Also, I realized I don't K a lot, maybe 5 times a game at the most. My lineup was pretty solid...

1. Pods, CF (the majority of the time I led off the game with a bunt single)

2. Ramirez, SS

3. Fields, LF (I purposely put Fields here because I like to waste my first inning and get easy outs just in case I face an ass who quits if he gives up a run in the first, and he's a good hitter in the game)

4. Thome, DH

5. Konerko, 1B

6. Dye, RF

7. Pierzynski, 3B (he's really good defensively at 3B in the game, but lacks range)

8. Castro, C

9. Beckham/Getz, 2B

I'm going to give poreda and that lineup a try. Except I think I'll put fields at 6 and Dye 3rd. What did you do in NL games? For me Konerko plays a mean 2B not the best range but he has not thrown anything away or botched one he could get to.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 10:43 PM)
I'm going to give poreda and that lineup a try. Except I think I'll put fields at 6 and Dye 3rd. What did you do in NL games? For me Konerko plays a mean 2B not the best range but he has not thrown anything away or botched one he could get to.

Haha first game with that lineup retire the side 1-2-3. Then pods bunt single, and after 9 pitches a walk to ramirez then he quit. I can't hit but I can work walks its annoying.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 10:43 PM)

You'll be pleasently surprised with how good Poreda is. Both fastballs are sick in the game, and his change is also sick. I throw in the back or front door slider first pitch a lot when they are looking fastball. My favorite is going with 3 straight low change ups and get them out in front on all 3 for the K. They have to sit on both fastballs, so even if they guess the 2 seamer or running fastball, they still have to worry about the other and the change always gets them off balance. Also, I'm surprised at how many people reach for the slider away with lefty batters.

As for the NL, my lineup usually goes like:

1. Pods, CF

2. Ramirez, SS

3. Fields, LF

4. Thome, 1B

5. Konerko, 3B

6. Dye, RF

7. Pierzynski, C

8. Beckham/Getz, 2B (I like to have more range at 2B so I sacrifice some O, although I do get a lot of singles with them)

9. Pitcher

Sometimes I bat the pitcher 8th and whoever's at 2B 9th.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 10:57 PM)
Haha first game with that lineup retire the side 1-2-3. Then pods bunt single, and after 9 pitches a walk to ramirez then he quit. I can't hit but I can work walks its annoying.

Yeah, I got so sick of quitters that I don't even try offensively in the first. Usually I get a bunt single with Pods (Pods is a beast in the game), try stealing with him and purposely get a bad jump so I get thrown out, and then I try bunting with Ramirez and Fields and usually get out. I figure if I do this, he won't quit and I'll give the oppenent maybe a false sense of confidence as well, like I am an idiot who sucks and this will be an easy W for him.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 02:13 AM)
I think my PS3 died... I searched the problem online and it's called the yellow light of death

Looks like I will now be ps3-less cause I think my warranty is out and sony wants 150 bucks to replace it :( :( :( :( :(

I got that 4 or 5 months ago. They said it was something to do over heating but it wasnt my fault. Fortunately, I had about 2 months left on a 2 year additional warranty I bought at the time for $75 so the fix and shipping and handling were free. The s***ty part was all of my data was lost.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 08:28 AM)
I got that 4 or 5 months ago. They said it was something to do over heating but it wasnt my fault. Fortunately, I had about 2 months left on a 2 year additional warranty I bought at the time for $75 so the fix and shipping and handling were free. The s***ty part was all of my data was lost.

I wonder why they won't let you keep your harddrive... what are they gonna do with it?

Yep, looks like I will try to manually fix my ps3 and if that doesn't work, I'll likely just buy a new one when the price drops (rumored to drop $100 in August). I heard somewhere that Target offers 3 year warranties on PS3's, so that seems like the best route to take if I can't fix the PS3. Or maybe my brother who never uses his will give me his, that'd be awesome.

When I called Sony today to try and negotiate a better deal and all they said is they can't do anything about it, and that's BS. No way in hell I'm spending $150+ on a refurbished model with only a 90 day warranty, that's ridiculous, especially considering I've done nothing but take very good care of my PS3 and have been a loyal Sony costumer for the past several years. The guy tried to sell me this crap about the refurbished ones being factory compared, and all I gotta say is who gives a f***. $150 is a decent amount of change, and if I'm gonna spend it on a reused system, I want more than a 90 day warranty. No way do I want to go through this s*** again in a year.

However, I did send them an angry e-mail. Maybe if I'm lucky, they'll send me a free game or accessory.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 02:01 PM)
Yep, looks like I will try to manually fix my ps3 and if that doesn't work, I'll likely just buy a new one when the price drops (rumored to drop $100 in August). I heard somewhere that Target offers 3 year warranties on PS3's, so that seems like the best route to take if I can't fix the PS3. Or maybe my brother who never uses his will give me his, that'd be awesome.

When I called Sony today to try and negotiate a better deal and all they said is they can't do anything about it, and that's BS. No way in hell I'm spending $150+ on a refurbished model with only a 90 day warranty, that's ridiculous, especially considering I've done nothing but take very good care of my PS3 and have been a loyal Sony costumer for the past several years. The guy tried to sell me this crap about the refurbished ones being factory compared, and all I gotta say is who gives a f***. $150 is a decent amount of change, and if I'm gonna spend it on a reused system, I want more than a 90 day warranty. No way do I want to go through this s*** again in a year.

However, I did send them an angry e-mail. Maybe if I'm lucky, they'll send me a free game or accessory.

You need to get an XBOX 360

Mine died, and my warranty was up.

So what does XBOX do? Well, they get my XBOX in the mail and from receiving it to repairing it took literally 2 days and its already at UPS and being shipped back to me by Monday I would assume since I dont know if UPS delivers on Sundays.

Did I mention that I didn't have a warranty? The repair was still free.

I couldn't be more pleased with Microsoft.. They fixed my XBOX very quickly and have sent it back to me, all free of charge. I also get it back with a new limited warranty as well. They exceeded my expectations big time as this was my first time to ever have an issue with the system.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 09:33 PM)
I'll probably get a 360 for college.... but the problem is, I'm addicted to the show. The past week+ has been hell for me.

Don't EVERYONE has a 360 in college so thats all youll end up playing in other peoples rooms/places. Just get a PS3 when the price drops.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 02:01 PM)

They could tell you to f*** off and force you to buy a new one like most other business models will make you do. The fact that they even offer you a half price refurb after the system dies is pretty generous. You sure as hell can't buy a $150 refurb anywhere else.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 03:19 AM)
They could tell you to f*** off and force you to buy a new one like most other business models will make you do. The fact that they even offer you a half price refurb after the system dies is pretty generous. You sure as hell can't buy a $150 refurb anywhere else.

Are you kidding me? As a loyal sony costumer and someone who took extremely good care of his system, their making me purchase a refurbished model with only a 90 day warranty. That's pretty lousy. No way am I willing to spend 150 bucks on a refurbished system that will only be guaranteed for 90 days, that's crap. Spending another 300-500 bucks on a new system with 3 year warranty >>> 150 bucks for a refurbished model for 90 days. No way am I gonna risk having to go through the same crap in 6 months to a year.