Elijah Dukes the MLB's latest tool

juddling

Dukes is a piece of sh*t.

The Sox should give up MacDougal for him.

The reason is that he's still very young with HUGE upside - something this Sox team is very unfamiliar with.

Either he'll stay a total loser and in that case the Sox won't be losing much.

Or, maybe, his agent or someone will talk some sense into him and get him into counseling and get him to realize that he needs to make a lot of money and the only way is to become the best player that he can be and keep his nose out of trouble. If that happens the Sox win BIG !

It's worth a try. Things are desperate and ugly on the South Side as it is.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 01:33 PM)
Dukes is a piece of sh*t.

The Sox should give up MacDougal for him.

The reason is that he's still very young with HUGE upside - something this Sox team is very unfamiliar with.

Either he'll stay a total loser and in that case the Sox won't be losing much.

Or, maybe, his agent or someone will talk some sense into him and get him into counseling and get him to realize that he needs to make a lot of money and the only way is to become the best player that he can be and keep his nose out of trouble. If that happens the Sox win BIG !

It's worth a try. Things are desperate and ugly on the South Side as it is.

First of all, you're not going to get a player with Dukes' talent for a reliever ever unless said player is in A ball.

And there are easier ways of bringing in players with talent. Like rebuilding the team. One player will not make or change this team, and it is literally almost homer or nothing for him, seeing as how he has a BABIP of like .140.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First of all, you're not going to get a player with Dukes' talent for a reliever ever unless said player is in A ball.

And there are easier ways of bringing in players with talent. Like rebuilding the team. One player will not make or change this team, and it is literally almost homer or nothing for him, seeing as how he has a BABIP of like .140.

Easier ways of bringing in players with talent like that ? Is that why Kenny brought in so many ?

The point is the Sox have none. As in none. There is no one in the organization ranked as high as Dukes.

This year they brought up Sweeney,Owens, Fields, Bukvich, Prinz, Aardsma, Masset, Gonzalez, Terrero, Anderson etc. - ALL FAILED. Not a good big leaguer in the bunch.

But, you are right . We need more than just Dukes. We need 3 more top talents like him to rebuild. But, getting each one is crucial.

Right now, he can be had for a decent reliever. I'm pretty sure about that. We'll see soon enough.

I'm not saying it's a guarantee but I'd take the chance. The Sox are in deep doo doo right now.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:21 PM)
If we're all very lucky, Dukes will fade away into nothing in about 3 years. Then make a failed comeback attempt.

There is being a less-than-great guy, and then there is being a scumbag. This guy is a scumbag, and baseball will be better without him.

Well said.

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:23 PM)
Easier ways of bringing in players with talent like that ? Is that why Kenny brought in so many ?

The point is the Sox have none. As in none. There is no one in the organization ranked as high as Dukes.

This year they brought up Sweeney,Owens, Fields, Bukvich, Prinz, Aardsma, Masset, Gonzalez, Terrero, Anderson etc. - ALL FAILED. Not a good big leaguer in the bunch.

But, you are right . We need more than just Dukes. We need 3 more top talents like him to rebuild. But, getting each one is crucial.

Right now, he can be had for a decent reliever. I'm pretty sure about that. We'll see soon enough.

I'm not saying it's a guarantee but I'd take the chance. The Sox are in deep doo doo right now.

I'll simply say that I'd rather have Bill Selby in RF than Elijah Dukes. A person with as many problems as Dukes seems to have needs some pretty intense psychotherapy to become right again.

And you aren't going to get him for MacDougal. At the very least, it's going to cost Broadway, and even considering Broadway has been thought of as a likely 4th or 5th starter, he has more value as a small piece of a trade than he does in trading for Dukes, because I see it as a near impossibility that Dukes stays in the majors long term.

Dukes has what, 12 kids already and is only 23? And that .193 average is hot right now.

He will likely do what NSS72 said, but I'd like to add to the fact that we'd probably here about him later on for being arrested for the murder of one of his girlfriends.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 07:08 PM)
And you aren't going to get him for MacDougal. At the very least, it's going to cost Broadway, and even considering Broadway has been thought of as a likely 4th or 5th starter, he has more value as a small piece of a trade than he does in trading for Dukes, because I see it as a near impossibility that Dukes stays in the majors long term.

At least some of the rumors I've read recently seem to suggest that there's a good chance Tampa Bay may just outright release him after all of this garbage, and the reason no teams are offering anything useful for him is that they think the DRays may well do that. You may well actually get him right now if you offer up MMac, because the D-Rays could well be happy to just dump their problem on someone else.

• 1 month later...