Sosa's cheating problem ....

YASNY

I ran across this little blurb in the Sporting News:

MLB, in fact, ordered the mound at Wrigley Field lowered an inch last month.

Considering the Cubs have all these fireballing strike out pitchers, what do you think?

Anybody know what the legal liability is for the Cubs/Tribune regarding the scalping?

I believe it is perfectly legal since it is the resale of tickets for a sold out game, and b/c it is the ownership selling the tickets, so they can set any price they want.

It is just so dirtbag unethical.

:fyou the cubs

I ran across this little blurb in the Sporting News:

MLB, in fact, ordered the mound at Wrigley Field lowered an inch last month.

Considering the Cubs have all these fireballing strike out pitchers, what do you think?

This was a one line note in the ST too. I yelled and screamed about it, and the funny thing is it has pretty much mirrored the beginning of the Cubs slow fade to mediocratey

I believe it is perfectly legal since it is the resale of tickets for a sold out game, and b/c it is the ownership selling the tickets, so they can set any price they want.

I suspect they can be held huglely liable in a civil suit for consumer fraud.

A corporation can not do whatever the hell it wants - hell, if I were drafted the federal civil suit (and I believe one has been filed or planned) I'd start with the century old Sherman anti-trust act and allege violations of that - while MLB has an exemption from anti-trust, the Trib corp does not and what they did with these tickets is akin to fraud if not outright, illegal, fraud. The arena though will probably be a civil, not criminal case.

I suspect they can be held huglely liable in a civil suit for consumer fraud.

A corporation can not do whatever the hell it wants - hell, if I were drafted the federal civil suit (and I believe one has been filed or planned) I'd start with the century old Sherman anti-trust act and allege violations of that - while MLB has an exemption from anti-trust, the Trib corp does not and what they did with these tickets is akin to fraud if not outright, illegal, fraud. The arena though will probably be a civil, not criminal case.

You would know a lot better than I do...

I was just stabbing in the dark

I like your signature - I take it as a salute to Bo Schembechler  :headbang

:lol:  :cheers  :usa  :headbang  :lol:

lol, actually it is a salute to Bo Jackson (he had the Bo knows... nike marketing think in the late 80's), but it could be Schembechler too, if you want it to be.

Guest hotsoxchick1

samme may have a cheating problem but our fans have serious spelling problems... ya would think if you were going to put up a sign you could at least check with the dictonary first.....not to knock anyones spelling now .. since mine sucks too but geez whiz..........lol i never knew burrito had a silent "e" at the end of it....... :lol: